Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. VPN usage with no lock out

One problem I encounter because I use a VPN is that I constantly have to give up personal information to an email provider because I've logged in from so many different places. It would be nice if accounts didn't get locked or suspended just because they have been accessed from a different IP every other day. A two factor authentication not needing an active mobile number would be perfect.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Send photos/images with emails

Would like to see an easy way to upload images/photos with emails. Is this already possible and I've missed the instruction? I'm only prompted to insert a URL. Sometimes a copy/paste of a photo works, other times not.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notify when the message has been opened

Notify the sender when the recipient has opened the message. In the notification message there could be such details like date and time, duration, location of the recipient (based in the ISP).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Default Message Password Dynamically?

For example in settings adjustable that "2 digits of sending day" or "4 digits of sending year", etc, similar like date function in PHP which is change dynamically day by day or year by year, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Contacts Only filter

A filter allowing only people on your Contacts list to email you; all other emails get rejected.

Unfortunately I have a very common name, not unlike James Smith, so I am often endowed with a plethora of unsolicited emails. I do not want to use numbers and symbols in my email address.

A Contacts Only filter would be most beneficial.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Send Plain Text E-mail

The ability to send email in plain text as an option, like gmail does. Some mailing lists require plain text so this would be very handy.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add option for browser login to ask five random characters from your password string.

To have the option to not use the full password at login, but random digits from it. This has the advantage that even if the entered password digits are captured from keyboard or by other means they won't be useful for another person to log in. The algorithm can reduce the variability if logins come from the same ip address or machine, so that capturing multiple login passwords from the same computer would still not reveal the full string.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Several Mailboxes for a single ProtonMail login

If I want to use several ProtonMail mailboxes, It would be simpler to access those with the same ProtonMail account (login)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. OpenPGP mail with resend capacity (like a Nym server)

I think it is more simple to express the idea with an example. But it is kind of an old school nym server capacity.

Alice want to send a secure message to Bob. She can't connect directly to Protonmail for technical reason. Let say she is stuck with a really poor data connection. But she can receive email using an mail client (like alpine)...

How can she contact Bob if he can't use GPG because it is too complex for him.

Alice send an encrypted message to alice+resend@protonmail.ch encrypted with protonmail public key and digitally sign with alice registered openPGP…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Alerting/Warning subscriber when clicking sign-out, discard or any other "cirtical" buttons

It would be helpful if the user is "warned/alerted" when a "critical" button, like discard contacts, sign-out, etc. is clicked. First of all a loss of data is prevented. Secondly, laborious re-entry of data or sign-in again is avoided (time is saved)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. La sélection de mails est perdu après une opération (affectation de libellés, ....)

Lorsque l'on sélectionne plusieurs mails et que l'on applique un libellé ou les marquer comme lu, la sélection des mails est perdu et nous devons à nouveau les sélectionner afin d'effectuer une seconde opération. La sélection, soit les mails "cochés", devrait subsister après une opération sur ces derniers.

Merci pour votre compréhension et encore félicitation pour le travail effectué !

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Maybe this is silly but i'm not terribly computer savy : being able to use Proton w/ Apple Mail !?

Sorry i'm not terribly computer savy but i'd like to be able to use Proton w/ Apple Mail !?
    Yes in one hand it defeats the safety/privacy encryption brings but.. it would make my life SO much easier !
    Is it terribly stupid or actually doable ?
    Many thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To slow to login in, need a faster way to use it

I wish you didn't have to login in to a website to use this service. I would use it more if I could access it direct from my iPhone mail account set up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add possibility to close sessions

There should be an option to see from where you were logged in your mail and you can be able to unlogin all the other sessions.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to delete (encrypted) private key from server (use browser storage instead)

The encrypted key is stored in browser storage and only transmitted to the server by request of the user (or at least he has a checkbox somewhere to not upload it). As long as the key is on the server the user can download it (= log in) to new clients (like it works now). If the user has set up all his clients he can request to delete the key from the server (he should be advised/forced to download a backup copy then). Actually proton mail could basically stay the same for most users. You would just give some…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ProtonMail security features with other email services.

Allowing customers to use ProtonMail features with a gmail account with advertising auto message, "This gmail message was processed using ProtonMail high level security" attached. That service would be huge. I'd even pay for such a service where I could use my gmail account to send a ProtonMail secured message. It's a pain to change over primary email provider to ProtonMail. Everyone wants security, but the difficulties of notifying all their contacts about a new email address is daunting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base