Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow us to have whatever spec compliant local-part for custom domain email addresses

when trying to set the local-part for my custom domain email address to "~"
    I get this error message:

"Only alphanumerics, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed in the local part of the email address, and it must begin and end with alphanumerics." all I can say is why?

"it must begin and end with alphanumerics."
    this is so arbitrary! it's an email address' local-part not a username..

for many years, I have always used ~@myna.me as my email address, before and after I self-hosted my email, I use it for all of my online accounts and and all of…

1,104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    26 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proton Calendar - more detailed settings for Frequency

On Frequency in Proton Calendar item there is just every week/month/year. I have some typical situation, that I need action each 4 weeks (which isn't 1 month).

So it would be nice to add more settings for this Frequency something like:
    - each: number
    - day/week/month/year

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Repeated Events & Custom Intervals on Calendar

Thank you for introducing the Calendar on beta! It is exactly what our business needs. However, we really need the custom calendar features that are available on Google. Without these, we can't really use the calendar.

In particular, being able to set repeat events at custom time intervals (exactly as per Google's calendar), eg. every 3 days or to never end, etc.

Thanks once again!

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Proton Calendar: Share events/invite people to events

I have started playing around with Proton Calendar in beta. It looks nice. I cannot see a way to share events to other people or invite them to an event (internally to other ProtonCal users or externally to people using other calendar services). Is this feature available? If not, is it in development?

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sub-folders

The pssibility to make sub-folders for storing emails would be appreciated. Ie. folders that have parent folders and the folders would show up in a hierarchial tree where the folders are currently displayed.

Especially for corporate users filing emails hierarchialy is of great help.

227 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calendar repeat variety

When setting up an event in the calendar, we are given the option to repeat weekly, monthly, or yearly. It would be nice to be able to have more variety in what we can pick.

For example, in my native android calendar I can select "repeat every # days/weeks/etc."

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. About MacOS and iOS Apps.

Dear Authorities,

Mail application should be done for MacOS operating system and dark theme should come for iOS mail application.

In addition, as a suggestion other than these; free mail data storage space can be better than 500 MB.

Thank you!

Yours sincerely.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop attaching links to protonmail.com inside each email

Whenever we send an email protonmail always attaches protonmail.com as a comment to the signing as well as the gpg key. I feel this is forceful advertising by protonmail. As of now there is no method to remove the same.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Tag hiearchy

I really miss the ability to have a tag hierarchy - a collapsible tree of tags to easily see how they are related, like:

OS
    └─ Linux
    └─ FreeBSD
    Shop
    └─ Amazon
    └─ MyLocalStore
    Bank
    └─ Money-For Nothing
    └─ Cayman-Island-Bank

Makes it so much easier to find the right tag when they add up...
    And they always do.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Multi user too expensive

1 user, 1 domain = 48€/year
    If you need 2 users, 1 domain = 150€/year
    Why a so big price increase when you need 2 users ? Could you have an better offer, for example at 70€/year. Seems more logical.

Best regards

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Browser Quick Login with PIN

I would like a similar experience in the browser that we have with the mobile app. Set an expiration where the user can still unlock quickly with PIN.

A trusted computer browser stores the main logon cookie with no expiration. But this cookie only has an encrypted blob that cannot access the mailbox alone. The 2nd cookie set to expire in X minutes/hours must be combined with a user supplied PIN, and that will decrypt the non-expiring main cookie blob, which logs the user back into the mailbox.

820 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Besides Weeks, Months and Years, ADD Days as well for Repeating Events.

An Option to have multiple Events during a Day gives the possibility to be warned to "Walk the Dog" twice a day and repeat this activity also every day of the week, forever..
    Similar, if you must take Medicins, twice a Day and do so every day (getting a Beep!) is usefull.
    The Location is "Not Applicable" in both examples.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pay for services with BAT

You allow for tips and monthly contributions with the Brave browser's Basic Attention Tokens, so would it be possible to actually pay for services with BATs?. It might not yet be technically possible, but just wondering.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In View All Mail, I would like to be able to filter out the trashed messages (i.e., View All But Deleted/Trash)

As the title states, If I am in View All Mail, I would like to be able to just view the mail I haven't sent to the Trash folder. As it is, my mail checking gets bogged down behind all of the deleted mail.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mailspring support for ProtonMail Bridge

ProtonMail Bridge has bugs integrating with the Mailspring email client. The Mailspring team have expressed interest in working together to get these issues resolved. If the bugs could be fixed and the Bridge could get working with Mailspring it would be a great productivity booster!

351 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove mobile phone verification

Your requirement for mobile phone verification during registration nullifies any claims you make about this being a secure & private email service. Once I share my mobile phone, my identity is already compromised, no matter what you claim you will or will not do with it. Assurances you give that you do not store mobile phone information are meaningless since such a claim can not be verified. The assumption must always be that any personal information one shares with a website is liable to be compromised at some point in the future. I do not need to cite the countless…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Wildcard outbound mail (Replying to a wildcard inbound emails)

If I get a email to my custom domain that is picked up by my wildcard, I wan't to be able to reply from the same address that received the email not reply from a different email address.

For example all@example.com is my wildcard account
    An email was sent to some_forum@example.com
    That email is picked up by my wildcard and goes to all@example.com
    If I want to reply to the forum post I just received it will come from all@example.com and the forum site will have no clue that it is from me and will not post my reply.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filter out / exclude trashed emails from searches

I don't personally have a compelling reason to delete my emails permanently due to the amount of free space on my account, and due to the negatives outweighing the positives as far as I'm concerned. For example, that email I accidentally deleted a couple months ago without realizing, can now be recovered from the trash.

However, when using the search feature, all trashed emails are included in the results which can add a lot of noise. Therefore, I'd love an option to be able to exclude trashed emails from the results.

In terms of usability, it may be nice for…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unread/read color on Mobile App

Please increase the contrast colors of read and unread email in the inbox. It is difficult to see what is read or unread. The colors are too close. It should be blatantly obvious which are read/unread.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base