Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Bitcoin Cash

I would LOVE if ProtonMail would start accepting Bitcoin Cash for both payments and donations.

I understand you don't want to rely on third party payment processors for this and so I propose you link a donate wallet to your website for this and allow us, the BCH community to help make this possible.

Let us help you, help us!

Thanks.

357 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    51 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proton Calendar - more detailed settings for Frequency

On Frequency in Proton Calendar item there is just every week/month/year. I have some typical situation, that I need action each 4 weeks (which isn't 1 month).

So it would be nice to add more settings for this Frequency something like:
    - each: number
    - day/week/month/year

176 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow us to have whatever spec compliant local-part for custom domain email addresses

when trying to set the local-part for my custom domain email address to "~"
    I get this error message:

"Only alphanumerics, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed in the local part of the email address, and it must begin and end with alphanumerics." all I can say is why?

"it must begin and end with alphanumerics."
    this is so arbitrary! it's an email address' local-part not a username..

for many years, I have always used ~@myna.me as my email address, before and after I self-hosted my email, I use it for all of my online accounts and and all of…

1,112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Proton Calendar: Share events/invite people to events

I have started playing around with Proton Calendar in beta. It looks nice. I cannot see a way to share events to other people or invite them to an event (internally to other ProtonCal users or externally to people using other calendar services). Is this feature available? If not, is it in development?

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Repeated Events & Custom Intervals on Calendar

Thank you for introducing the Calendar on beta! It is exactly what our business needs. However, we really need the custom calendar features that are available on Google. Without these, we can't really use the calendar.

In particular, being able to set repeat events at custom time intervals (exactly as per Google's calendar), eg. every 3 days or to never end, etc.

Thanks once again!

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sub-folders

The pssibility to make sub-folders for storing emails would be appreciated. Ie. folders that have parent folders and the folders would show up in a hierarchial tree where the folders are currently displayed.

Especially for corporate users filing emails hierarchialy is of great help.

300 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. About MacOS and iOS Apps.

Dear Authorities,

Mail application should be done for MacOS operating system and dark theme should come for iOS mail application.

In addition, as a suggestion other than these; free mail data storage space can be better than 500 MB.

Thank you!

Yours sincerely.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calendar repeat variety

When setting up an event in the calendar, we are given the option to repeat weekly, monthly, or yearly. It would be nice to be able to have more variety in what we can pick.

For example, in my native android calendar I can select "repeat every # days/weeks/etc."

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use hCaptcha or Geetest instead of ReCAPTCHA

The CAPTCHA on the verification page uses Google's captcha service, which is absolutely terrible for privacy reasons. Please consider some alternatives such as hCaptcha or Geetest. (In addition, with hCaptcha you get paid for every time a user completes a captcha, instead of that labour going towards trainging Google's AI).

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pay for services with BAT

You allow for tips and monthly contributions with the Brave browser's Basic Attention Tokens, so would it be possible to actually pay for services with BATs?. It might not yet be technically possible, but just wondering.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. All Mail Option

when I use All mail option, I can see all the emails, including spam & Trash Emails listed. Usually, When I choose All Mails, I'm not looking in Trash. Is there a way to select the folders when we choose the All Mail option? A default could be everything, the user could choose what they want to see in all emails.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Manage PGP Keys For Contacts On Mobile

Please allow the mobile apps contacts to have the ability to edit the PGP public keys of each contact. This can only be done on the web client right now.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tag hiearchy

I really miss the ability to have a tag hierarchy - a collapsible tree of tags to easily see how they are related, like:

OS
    └─ Linux
    └─ FreeBSD
    Shop
    └─ Amazon
    └─ MyLocalStore
    Bank
    └─ Money-For Nothing
    └─ Cayman-Island-Bank

Makes it so much easier to find the right tag when they add up...
    And they always do.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove mobile phone verification

Your requirement for mobile phone verification during registration nullifies any claims you make about this being a secure & private email service. Once I share my mobile phone, my identity is already compromised, no matter what you claim you will or will not do with it. Assurances you give that you do not store mobile phone information are meaningless since such a claim can not be verified. The assumption must always be that any personal information one shares with a website is liable to be compromised at some point in the future. I do not need to cite the countless…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Stop attaching links to protonmail.com inside each email

Whenever we send an email protonmail always attaches protonmail.com as a comment to the signing as well as the gpg key. I feel this is forceful advertising by protonmail. As of now there is no method to remove the same.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. when there is a chain of emails, put the must recent at the top. don't add them to the bottom, it makes no sense

when there is a chain of emails, put the must recent at the top. don't add them to the bottom, it makes no sense they are then easily missed

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want a refund to my email account I signed up for. I no longer want to use this site for my email account. The reason is because google ha

I want a refund to my email account I signed up for. I no longer want to use this site for my email account. The reason is because google appears to have something to do with the authentication process you provide. (either the app or the 2Authentication). I do not trust google with anything. (due to their proven invasive behaviours).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to try ProtonMail. I cannot find the free sign up. How do I do it?

Make your free ProtonMail more accessible for those that want to try it & pay after they like it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multi user too expensive

1 user, 1 domain = 48€/year
    If you need 2 users, 1 domain = 150€/year
    Why a so big price increase when you need 2 users ? Could you have an better offer, for example at 70€/year. Seems more logical.

Best regards

173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ProtonCalendar: create calendar event templates

Hello ProtonTeam,

Could it be possible for a user to create an event template? Example, almost most of my events, I set the same reminders (1 week before, 1 day before, 1 hour before). Or for events on XX calendar, I would like to have them all to have a certain note included.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base