Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Besides Weeks, Months and Years, ADD Days as well for Repeating Events.

An Option to have multiple Events during a Day gives the possibility to be warned to "Walk the Dog" twice a day and repeat this activity also every day of the week, forever..
    Similar, if you must take Medicins, twice a Day and do so every day (getting a Beep!) is usefull.
    The Location is "Not Applicable" in both examples.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Browser Quick Login with PIN

I would like a similar experience in the browser that we have with the mobile app. Set an expiration where the user can still unlock quickly with PIN.

A trusted computer browser stores the main logon cookie with no expiration. But this cookie only has an encrypted blob that cannot access the mailbox alone. The 2nd cookie set to expire in X minutes/hours must be combined with a user supplied PIN, and that will decrypt the non-expiring main cookie blob, which logs the user back into the mailbox.

824 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bigger icons and smaller rows in v4.0 beta

The new beta for ProtonMail v4.0 is great! I love the dark mode! It would be cool if one could change the height of rows, as they are way too big now. And the size of icons, on the other hand, are too small for the size of the bar that contains them. I'm talking about the icons for "mark as read", "move to spam", etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Beta Calender Syncing

I really like the Beta Calender but I need it to syn with my other Calenders. I am not always able to log on to the PC Beta site and this is not available on the current Proton Mail app with my iPhone. It would be great to have it sync to my other Calenders that I choose to sync to

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Your website should use the React JavaScript library

Your website should use the React JavaScript library. It is used by many major websites, including Facebook(the developer), the NYSE, Instagram, Airbnb. Netflix, Dropbox, Salesforce, Tesla, Twitter, Yahoo, Atlassian, The New York Times, and many more. It is free and open source, and it is easy to use. Please use it to improve your users' experience. Their website is https://reactjs.org/.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4.0 Beta: Folders/Labels sort button removed

In the current beta version (ProtonMail v4.0.0-beta12), Folders/Labels cannot be automatically sorted anymore, the sort button is not displayed in the settings.

By the way, if you implement it back, please add a confirmation message to avoid any click by mistake on it.

Instead of alphabetically mixing folders/labels, it could be interesting from the settings to automatically group and sort the folders/labels, meaning sorting all the folders alphabetically first, then all the labels (alphabetically also).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Light/Dark Mode toggle switch in the Inbox

I love the Dark Mode available in the beta; however, I prefer to use light mode during the day, switching to dark mode as the sun goes down.

To switch between the two modes is currently a little cumbersome*. Being able to switch between light and dark mode without having to leave my inbox would be very handy!

• tbh, I find going into the settings to be cumbersome in general

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unread/read color on Mobile App

Please increase the contrast colors of read and unread email in the inbox. It is difficult to see what is read or unread. The colors are too close. It should be blatantly obvious which are read/unread.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve user-friendliness

I am totally thrown by "labels." I meant to put the few email categories I designated "labels" into folders. Yet the "labels" cannot be moved. Moreover, "labels"do not archive messages but merely label them, leaving the Inbox cluttered. Lastly, seeing that I'd made a mistake with those labels, I opened a folder with the same identifying name--there can be no other--and tried to move the "labeled" messages there and then delete the useless "labels. Proton defeated such foolish yearning; can't do. To top it off, nowhere on my page is there access to any information as to what "labels'" and…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mailspring support for ProtonMail Bridge

ProtonMail Bridge has bugs integrating with the Mailspring email client. The Mailspring team have expressed interest in working together to get these issues resolved. If the bugs could be fixed and the Bridge could get working with Mailspring it would be a great productivity booster!

378 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ProtonMail Calender repeat and delete options

First; thank you for the calender. I have two requests. please ad the option to delete 'only this event' in stead of having to delete all of them just when one needs to delete only one.
    And please ad the option to have a bi-weekly repeating possibility.

many thanks,

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why do I no longer receive an alert on my other mailbox when I have a Proton message?

Why do I no longer receive an alert on my other mailbox when I have a Proton message?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. filters

Filter against any Message Header field, not just 'sender', 'subject', 'recipient', and 'attachment'.

Specifically, I'd like to direct email from "Mailer: MailChimp Mailer" to Spam.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. all mail

I accidentally deleted ALL MY MAIL because the ALL MAIL is listed below trash and it looks like it was linked to trashed mail.
    ALL MAIL should be maybe the 1st item in the list above INBOX since it's higher in the heirarchy

we all ignore warnings of "this can't be undone" after we've done things once or twice - in this case, that's what happened to me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enlarge Note view box in phone app

When viewing contact details on my phone, I am unable to view more than two rows for notes section. This makes it nearly impossible to view and scroll. Please mimic the new feature you included on the desktop contacts note section, to allow for opening up and viewing more than two lines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. DKIM CNAME support

It can be impractical to store DKIM public keys in TXT records, as it makes key rotation extremely difficult (the user is on the hook to update the key). The keylength of the standard ProtonMail DKIM key is also unfortunately quite a bit longer than 255 chars, meaning users have to work with their DNS providers to come up with a way to store such a long key. Why not offer a CNAME option?

Granted, this makes globally unique DKIM keys more of a challenge to implement, but it also makes DKIM (and therefore DMARC and BIMI) implementation easier. The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Offer a lower cost plan for Proton Bridge Only

It's not worth the price for the base plan, in order to take advantage of Proton Bridge, for those who aren't heavy email users.

I don't need five domains. I don't need VPN, Increased storage, or any of these increases. I'd just really like to manage email in a desktop client. Either a lower plan would need to be available or I'd need to find an alternative to Proton. There's no one I'd prefer to do business with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. coloured flags

Different coloured flags. You have a yellow star, and other colours would be great too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To view the filters that are interacting with particular labels

At the moment with a lot of filters and a lot of labels, it is hard to remember which filter is being triggered to apply a label to an incoming email even with consistent naming standards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please, how do i change to *.ch (didn't hear) not *.com? How to correct typo in username@protonmail? I have a disability.

Please include the choice of greater privacy by choosing .ch not .com.
    How can you add time (such as 1 hour or 24 hours) and the choice correct errors in your user name and also in this choice ... I mean, when using reader technology it takes more time to figure out what's available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base