Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Calendar] Event indicator on a given day in the monthly view

Loving the Calendar app, one thing I would like to see is some indication of events on a certain day. This is specifically for the monthly view calendar below the "New Event" button.
    Something like a dot underneath the date that represents what calendar that event is under. If a date has multiple events from the same calendar, then only one dot matching that calendar's color is shown. If there are multiple events from different calendars, then dots matching each calendar color would be shown. Though I imagine this would become cluttered if events from all calendars (currently 10…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove mobile phone verification

Your requirement for mobile phone verification during registration nullifies any claims you make about this being a secure & private email service. Once I share my mobile phone, my identity is already compromised, no matter what you claim you will or will not do with it. Assurances you give that you do not store mobile phone information are meaningless since such a claim can not be verified. The assumption must always be that any personal information one shares with a website is liable to be compromised at some point in the future. I do not need to cite the countless…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Move attachements at the top of the mail

Today, e-mails attachment as shown at the bottom of the mail. In case of long mails they are not easily seen. Moreover, it is now a common design on webmails (Outlook, google...) to display the list of attachements (buttons for download) in the header frame. Please move the attachment list at the top.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to try ProtonMail. I cannot find the free sign up. How do I do it?

Make your free ProtonMail more accessible for those that want to try it & pay after they like it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. honour the people that gave lots of money (in my case I payed more than €1000,== when protonmail started.

After a long time I logged in in my protonmail account. Years ago I contributed more than 1000,== because I thought (and still do) that an encrypted service should be available for everyone. So, I supported the development in change for a lifelong membership. It is a bit disappointing to see that I am now a member with a free subscription. Having to pay more if I want to do more. As it happens I don't. Still though. At the time ikt was a lot of money and needed to get through the first stages. Is this the way in…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unread/read color on Mobile App

Please increase the contrast colors of read and unread email in the inbox. It is difficult to see what is read or unread. The colors are too close. It should be blatantly obvious which are read/unread.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Beta Calender Syncing

I really like the Beta Calender but I need it to syn with my other Calenders. I am not always able to log on to the PC Beta site and this is not available on the current Proton Mail app with my iPhone. It would be great to have it sync to my other Calenders that I choose to sync to

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There are other alternatives for captcha

Options of captchas that wont wreck peoples UX, or ruin the PTN.mail service for people; sweet captcha, the HoneyPot method, math captcha, and textCaptcha, Egglue, NuCaptcha.

There are many more, kik even uses it own captcha now.

Please consider these alternatives.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please allow adjustable font size for the inbox - in Beta, column layout, inbox font is tiny compared to the email to read

Please allow adjustable font size for the inbox - in Beta, column layout, inbox font is tiny compared to the email to read. The difference between the two panes is a bit hard on the eyes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 2-Step password process for iOS/Android

On iPhone we have the option for using a pin or using Face ID or Fingerprint. We can technically have both but we only end up using one. So what if we have the option to use open up the app using Face/Finger ID and then use a pin? (or vice versa). Also have it work on Android as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Let me have catch-all and more than 5GB for 1 user

Why can the "Plus" plan easily change storage from 5GB to 6GB, 7GB and more but the "Professional" plan can't?

If i select Professional and want more than 5GB for a single user then I am forced to pay 8 more dollars per month for a non-existing second user to get 10GB and then assign it all to my actual user?

If i go back to the Plus plan though i can't have "catch-all" feature at all?

That is an inconsistency in the available plans. Please let me have the combo of "catch-all", 1 user and more than 5GB storage,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Get rid of dark theme

Not a fan of the dark theme, don't know how to change to lighter format and nothing in "help" addressed the problem. Not all of us are comfortable with the grey/black theme. 8-2-2020 I think the date is important and should show on all feedback so a reader knows how current it is. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Protonmail Storage

Please provide more free storage in your protonmail service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Password reset functiion

Just fix it. Be creativmöem thingök fast. My/Our Tíme Cost!!!

Allora..??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop attaching links to protonmail.com inside each email

Whenever we send an email protonmail always attaches protonmail.com as a comment to the signing as well as the gpg key. I feel this is forceful advertising by protonmail. As of now there is no method to remove the same.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. IMAP whitout Bridge

Would it be possible to have the possibility of choosing an IMAP option that does not require to download the Bridge program? I know it means no encryption but I don't mind.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reply to ProtonMail email notifications on Apple Watch like Signal app

Currently I can receive notifications on my Apple Watch from ProtonMail. However I'm unable to reply to those messages. The Signal messenger app uses the Apple notification framework so when I receive a notification from Signal I'm able to reply to it from my watch. Not having to rely on a seperate app (Signal does not have an Apple Watch app) . It would be very useful if the existing ProtonMail app on IOS would support replying to email notifications. This way you also get this ability on the Apple Watch without having to rely on a seperate app. I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Android display Sucks

Almost impossible to distinguish between read email and unread email. The light gray for read and white unread email is impossible to tell what is what. Never mind "new" features... fix what you have if you want people to pay for the service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove my name from inbox message preview

Please don't include my name in the message preview, I already know that I'm involved in the thread and it makes it harder to find the email I'm looking for if I have to remember the subject instead of looking for the person's name with whom I'm communicating. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calendar (beta version): option not to jump to new date in calendar view when moving entries

Issue: When changing the date on a calendar entry, the calendar view jumps to the new date. That is very inconvenient when moving around a bunch of entries, which I frequently do for the various use cases I have for an online calendar. For example, if I want to move 5 entries to future dates, I have to navigate back to the current view after every move.

Request: disable this so that one stays at the current date view on the calendar after moving an entry, or at least allow this option in settings.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base