ProtonMail

1. Manage PGP Keys For Contacts On Mobile

Please allow the mobile apps contacts to have the ability to edit the PGP public keys of each contact. This can only be done on the web client right now.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Contacts', 'Other information', make custom labels

In 'Contacts', 'Other information' make custom labels (where you can choose 'photo', 'title', 'note' just add custom label I can name by myself).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ProtonMail App Notification Swiping

In GMail it's possible to clear the notifications bar of the email and not be notified of it when a new email appears. The emails stack unless the user clicks on the email / stack and opens the app. It would be great if swiping away the email(s) clears the stack. Also, it would be great if looking at the email in the web clears the notification in the app

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search also in the content of the emails

Currently the search engine is only showing results for the recipients and subject.
    It would be very useful that would also work in whole mail content.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Same swipe for read and/or unread on mobile app

I love your product, great work...
    Any chance the swipe feature on the mobile app could mark the email as "read" and/or "unread".
    Swipe right and its marked read (without actually opening the email), swipe right again and its marked unread...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Distribute ProtonMail Bridge via Package Managers (on Linux)

Keeping up with the regular updates on the ProtonMail Bridge would be a lot less annoying if it was distributed via the usual Package Managers on Linux, like apt, snap, pacman, etc.

Why is this not being done at the moment?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Mer privat beskyttelse mot internet

How to have more protect for private on ours internet info. Its how we communites with eacher 😇Everyone is need internett to communited with there boss,money, family, job. Internett have take the control so protect ut more safe then 🙋🏼‍♀️👏🙌

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Separate encryption keys for each service

I realized today that my contacts, calendar, and PGP on my emails all use the same encryption key. This is not good. I don't want to have to migrate calendars every time I change PGP keys.

Furthermore, there's no obvious way to change the key that the contacts or calendar uses. I don't know why you would want to have power over the specific encryption key your calendar or contacts has but if you keep that then I want to keep that I want to actually be able to manage that those keys per service.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add more options for marking emails

Currently we can star important emails with a yellow star. It would be nice to be able to have multiple star colors or different icons to use. That way a user can flag emails with different categories. Right now I have a group of starred emails, but I need to open or read each one to quickly identify why I flagged it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Calendar is basically useless - replace Outlook calendar

I want to get off Outlook: your calendar features need to include time zone displays inviting people to join, and category assignment e.g. Work, Play, Business Meeting, Birthday, etc. I currently use about 10 categories in Outlook with associated colors. The biggest thing is the need to invite others for meetings.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. display sizing

In all versions of Protonmail the window in which the mail is displayed is too small. The page is essentially in three sections. First is the bar at the top where the search entry and other menu items are. The second is the bar on the left that contains some other data. Lastly on the lower, right side is the window with the mail. Only this portion is of any real use. Why is it so small? Reduce the top and left side bars to very small. They don't really do anything anyway. Just a few menu items. When I…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Supply a colorful theme with sparkles that's easy to intall.

I'm tired of boxy drab computer screens. It would be a service to humanity and maybe ladies in particular to provide a nice colorful theme with painted or textured panels, not just solid colors. Some metallic sparkles would be great. And some twinkles. We are human beings after all. Save us from the tyranny of darks and bland pastels. Please please please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Link confirmation - add a copy to clipboard button

Hi,

I run the web page https://beta.protonmail.com/u/0/inbox?filter=unread inside a Container Tab in Firefox.

The Link confirmation pop up is awesome.

It could be even more awesome if I could simply click on a button to copy the link to the clipboard­. The reason is that I never want to open links in the Container Tab that contains my ProtonMail session.

-- sebhtml

--thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rid the 'All Mail' folder.

Remove the 'All Mail' folder which retains unnessessary, deleted from 'Trash' and dupicate emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Catch-all for custom domains on 'Plus' account

I have had my domain over 10 years and have used various email forwarders, aliases and mailboxes over that period for filtering purposes. Without a catch-all on my Plus Account I risk losing important messages from historical customers, family and services who are using old email addresses to my domain.

This devalues the custom domain functionality and makes it difficult for e.g small businesses who may use only a single mailbox to collect all their email, filtered into folders according to the recipient email address.

Yes, one can acheive the same filtering result using Protonmail aliases which is OK for…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Message Size

Man I love Protonmail and Proton VPN but having a 12mb limit is really screwing me, can't send a pic or vid from my phone or anything it's absurd this day and age to have such a limit. If I buy two 1tb drives and send them to you for would you up my limit ? I'm looking for an alternative to proton because of this - often need to send images for work and just can't do it cause of this absurdity.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ProtonCalendar - an opportunity to mark (done) events

today a event "grays out" when time has passed even if it is done or not.

I would like an opportunity to mark different status on a event i.e tick off when done.

And perhaps an arrow for postponed events, a exclamation mark for important and so on.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Calendar repeat variety

When setting up an event in the calendar, we are given the option to repeat weekly, monthly, or yearly. It would be nice to be able to have more variety in what we can pick.

For example, in my native android calendar I can select "repeat every # days/weeks/etc."

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter by email message content (keywords and key-phrases within the email messsage itself)

Add custom filter where you can filter by message content (ie. filter by keywords and key-phrases contained in the email message itself). Filters for sender, recipient, attachment, and subject line already exist but are not helpful in cases where mass amounts of spam messages in your inbox have a different sender and subject line in every email, but the message content is very similar or mostly identical in all the emails. I'd like to be able to filter those messages, but I can't with the current filters because the sender and subject line is different on all the emails.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base