Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better message/e-mail sync between mobile app and web app

One of the major complaints I have about your otherwise excellent product is that message notifications on the mobile app aren't updated if I read, delete or archive the e-mails via the web inbox.

For example, if the mobile app notifies me of a new e-mail and instead of reading it on my smartphone, I go to the web and read it there, the mobile app notification doesn't acknowledge that. I have to read or manage the e-mail on the smartphone even if I already read it on the website. It's makes for a lot of unnecessary double work.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bridge compliance with Spark

Already been said by others here. I prefer the Spark interface and ability to aggregate all my email accounts in one place. I wish Proton was compatible with Spark OR Proton offered a similar service so I didn't have to juggle multiple clients.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Event Frequency of Fortnight

I'm probably not alone in this but my payday and rotating work roster are both fortnightly. So I would like the ability or create repeating events to show my payday and days I'm rostered to work.

Regards

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Compressed mode for message list.

The new Beta UI looks good over-all, but the message list (at least on my screen) is 2/3rd white space which means my standard browser window shows me 8 messages. Dropping that white space by half would still look good and double what I can see with a single glance. I can imagine that some would like to see an even denser mode, but the current options are way too sparse.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Infinite mailbox

It is great Idea to have an infinite mailbox, which works even user doesn't log in for fifteen years ... Some people require information after a fifteen years.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. provide a local webservice using the bridge

It would be cool to have the protonmail client available locally through the bridge. Not an electron app but a local webserver and URI we can can click on to get all the fetures provided by the web client (password, signature...)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow setting calendar view default to Monthly

Allow showing the Monthly pane initially instead of the weekly pane

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add ability to type label on mobile

On the web application you can type a label to filter the list when you are applying to a mail.
    You cannot do this on the mobile app. You are forced to scroll through a potentially large list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Encryption of User Upgrade Identity

As a media activists think tank for over half a century we find it hard to believe that "THEY" will make anything "secure" that does not have a backdoor. Nevertheless, our faith in Protonmail has grown to become like a religious fervour. So we finally decided to upgrade and give our financial support to Protonmail.

Only to discover that all of the tools for this process such as PayPal and Credit Cards, would by default reveal our identity on the grid.

We would love to donate what we can to support the ideal embodied in Protonmail, even though our funds…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. release an email address

A) I looked through the FAQ's & didn't see something that addressed "Release an email address" or "Cancel an email address" Is there a way of notifying ProtonMail administration that an email address is no longer needed or is that just a matter of a threshold which you have for keeping an unused email?

B) I didn't see any link for just questions like the above. If it's there can someone share it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New Icons

I would like to see better icons.
    I know it is a completely aesthetic feature but it impacts the UX.

They could be colored or whatever but, for example, I still can't digest the "delete forever" icon in the Trash folder. I mean, it's a circle with an X inside.

I would like to see a nicer set of icons, more clear and understandable.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello - most email apps out allow for right and left swipe options to be customized. One of the best options is to "move" an email to a fold

Hello - most email apps out allow for right and left swipe options to be customized. One of the best options is to "move" an email to a folder. Currently this "Move" options is not one of the options Protonmail offers. It would be great if this could be included in future updates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Selecting recipients

Why can't we go through the list just once and check those we want
    instead of going in and out of the list each time we pick one. Very
    annoying. You already have the mechanism to do that. Why can't we use that when selecting for Bcc, etc?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alias displayed as a code

Aliases are very practical for security. In case of compromise of the address, it is enough to change alias instead of changing the whole mailbox.
    But it would be better than when creating an alias, as soon as a person contacts this alias, that it is replaced by a series of letters and numbers. Thus, it is impossible to compromise the original address. Thus, no risk of spam. Never. I explain my idea...
    Example: I can register on Amazon with:
    my-email@protonmail.com
    But instead I put an alias:
    my-email+amazon-1@protonmail.com
    And as soon as Amazon contacts me, the email displayed in the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To deactivate pm.me alias.

I don't want to continue using my pm.me alias because I cannot reply from it. So, I would like to have the option to deactivate it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Date Filter

We need to filter by date typically to move all email over say 6 months old to the Archive folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3rd-party security seal of CIA/FSB non-involvement/

After the Crypto AG fiasco, would a way to reassure your customers be to obtain a 3rd party seal of audit + approval by organizations like Freedom of the Press Foundation, Reporters Without Borders, ACLU, EFF or even CH DFAE/FDFA ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reset folder/label autocomplete text box after label is selected

When I am organizing my inbox I like to click the label dropdown, type the first few letters of a label, then click the label from the filtered dropdown list.

The next time I do it, it automatically still has the same few letters I typed before, so I have to go back and delete those letters, and type in any new ones. This behavior persists until the page refresh. I feel like that text field should be zeroed out/reset each time I select and apply a label, so I can start fresh each time.

Desired behavior:
    1. Select a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base