Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow registration without requiring phone or email verification!

I'm registering for an email address. I cannot give you another one that a temporary email address from online which you do not allow. I tried MANY temporary email providers. As for phone numbers, those are linked to personal information in my country. I don't want to buy a phone number just to register with your service. The last option I have is to pay you. And if I pay with my cradit card, you have my info. If I get a private cradit card and I pay you, I will never see that money again, since you do not…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better message creation options

Ability to resize window, copy/paste format attributes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make instructions easier for importing email into Protonmail from another account.

What is a 'feedback forum' anyway? I want to give feedback to those who can actually fix problems, not 'suggestions' or 'ideas' sheesh. The instructions for importing email from gmail to protonmail are NOT clear. It's like telling someone to "Go in the garage and get a screwdriver" Instead of telling the person exactly where the screw driver is." It's such a waste of time not to mention frustrating to have ambiguous instructions. No wonder people don't bother switching their email accounts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Calendar selection for new event

It would be nice (and easy I guess), when creating a new event in the calendar that the calender's event is not the default calendar, but the last created event's calendar. Thanks !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow addresses to write to me

Security: some other encrypted services are blocked or considered suspicious by Proton. I have a personal address at yandex.com and it is blocked (I got my message back there, when trying to write to my proton mail account). We should be able to create a "white list" of senders. Thank you very much.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. YubiKey? Ever? No? Hello?

The dedicated Protonmail community deserves a real response from the crack team of Protonmail scientists and engineers. When are you implementing Yubikey or are is your tag line just bs?

"We are scientists, engineers, and developers drawn together by a shared vision of protecting civil liberties online. This is why we created ProtonMail, an easy to use secure email service with built-in end-to-end encryption and state of the art security features. Our goal is to build an internet that respects privacy and is secure against cyberattacks.

We are committed to developing and widely distributing the tools necessary to protect your…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would love to be able to turn off email-sent notifications from Protonmail specifically re: new emails

Please allow for an option to turn off the email-sent notifications from Protonmail that simply say that I have a new email- it's awful. I have notifications off and these still come through- I'd like to label them as spam but I'm worried I'll miss something important. I'm sure someone loves this feature but it's spam to me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Wildcard outbound mail (Replying to a wildcard inbound emails)

If I get a email to my custom domain that is picked up by my wildcard, I wan't to be able to reply from the same address that received the email not reply from a different email address.

For example all@example.com is my wildcard account
    An email was sent to some_forum@example.com
    That email is picked up by my wildcard and goes to all@example.com
    If I want to reply to the forum post I just received it will come from all@example.com and the forum site will have no clue that it is from me and will not post my reply.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. saving drafts automatically

when i use the app, start writing an e.mail, switch the app to check something somewhere else, and then come back to what i started writing, it's gone and has not been saved automatically as a draft. could you implement that feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add long and short swipe gestures on mobile email client

In Spark email client, e.g., you can customize long and short swipe gestures for both left and right directions, for a total of 4 customizable actions. E.g., on my Spark client, I have: Right-short = archive, Right-long = delete, Left-short = pin/star, Left-long = move to folder...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Font Upload

In the font options, provide an option to upload a font from your computer's list of fonts. Then you could compose emails in your own font.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add available 'Paid extras' onto subscription page

On the pricing page you list the availability of extra storage, domains and addresses. Why not add this onto the subscription page viewable when logged in? This would then allow an easy path for upgrading the subscription.

Could I also suggest a new type of paid extra:
    - additional folders/labels.

200 is inadequate for the Plus subscription. I'm using Gmail and have around 650 folders and labels.

The storage options are inadequate. I currently use 34 GB of storage on my Gmail account. At your pricing levels it would cost 261 Euro just for storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ProtonDrive 15GB

ProtonDrive 15 Gigas Plus

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to sign up without sharing my credit card info or phone number.

If the verification is only for bot protection a bitcoin donation should suffice. It makes me a little suspicious of you collecting identifying data on your customers and users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow openvpn profiles for server features

Users currently have two openvpn configuration choices; download for an individual server IP address (this has the downside that the servers get taken offline permanently/temporarily, or have their IP changed) or download for a domain name such as aus.protonvpn.com.
    The second option has the downside that this involves many servers with differing functionality (p2p, tor, streaming etc) and I have no way of easily knowing which one I will connect to or am currently using.

The request is to split server domain names into
    plus.country.protonvpn.com
    p2p.country.protonvpn.com
    tor.country.protonvpn.com
    etc etc

This would allow for some randomness and redundancy without compromising user-critical…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show a link if it is long pressed on (Android App)

If a link inside a mail is long pressed, it shows a menu with "Copy Link" and "Share link". It would be great to add the link to the top of this menu (like a headline or something), that way I now what I am actually opening.

The "Boost for Reddit" app on Android has this and I would like to see this in ProtonMail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow community to moderate Feedback forum

The forum is full of duplicates, abandoned ideas, and things already completed which haven't been updated.

If it's a burden on Proton team to maintain, allowing the community to assist would be useful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Attach at the top

In the web browser version the files attached should be at the top of the message similar what we have in the App.
    I request this because when I receive a long message (many replies) sometimes a miss the attach because they are at the bottom of the message and not visible on screen.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base