Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Close folder/label dropdowns after I click elsewhere

It'd be nice if the folder and label dropdowns would auto-close if I clicked off of them; as it is, they stay open until I click back on the folder or label dropdown button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to rearrange folders and labels within the iOS app.

Currently, you can create a new folder/label in the iOS app, but you can't drag them up or down. You can rearrange folders/labels in the web app, but it would be nice to be able to do this in the mobile app as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Is Newsletter" filter parameter

I would really like to filter out promotional emails into the separate folder, but some merchants are using the same address for commercial as well as for transactional emails (like order receipt) that makes impossible to filter them out via Sender. It would be great to see an additional parameter when creating a filter like "Is Promotional Email".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. https://protonvpn.com certificate is not current or signed

not sure where to post this.. please check your website to update the certificate

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email notifications of ALL login attempts

Emailed notifications of all login attempts, successful or not.

When available, these notifications should go to a separate notifications email rather than dropped in the protonmail inbox.

If "advanced logging" is enabled, it should also add the IP address of the login attempt.

(Otherwise someone breaking into a protonmail account would see that appear in the protonmail inbox, and naturally would be able to delete the notification mail before the rightful owner can log back in.)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SPAM

How can I declare mail as NON-SPAM and make sure all previous mail from the same sender end up in my regular tray?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ProtonVPN: Servernames

It's quite simple: If you add P2P (e.g. NL#3-P2P) to the servername (as you do with TOR), I can see whether I am on a P2P-server without opening the app...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Better, larger timeframe and custom memberships

Proposal is to offer even better prices and discounts for longer-term ProtonMail accounts.

Same way we currently have 1 and 2 year memberships...
    Why not have 5, 10, 15 and 20+ year fully customizeable and flexible options for plans/etc.

Available to pay by Card, cash or even other cryptocurrencies at better (discounted) rates than other identifiable means of purchase (i.e. credit card) -- favouring the use of cryptocurrency and anonymization for your clients.

Offering memberships/plans with longer "expiry dates" would be ideal for customers looking for the best deals available for long term use of the paid service. Along with…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Globally & retroactively apply lablels or folders

Recently, I reorganized the folders & labels I have set up.

It's easy enough to delete old folders & labels without any harm.
    I've also changed several filters to automate sorting of new mail.

I now have a lot of old unsorted mail that I'd like to sort.

I can select all on a page, and do this a page at a time, but some categories include several pages of messages.

I'd like a 'global' option when assigning folders or labels so every message in my account with a set of parameters i.e. sender, recipient, subject, etc. gets the updated…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Article, "How to Use Filters" needs better instructions/explanations.

A few things that would really help:
    1. Define the terms! With examples, please, including both individual and group emails. Perhaps you think it's obvious, but I wonder, for example: how the terms work when the email is sent to or from a group, rather than just to me--does "exactly" mean within a single email in the list, or mean the entire recipient list (i.e. if I set it to "exactly" E@R.com, and that's one of 3 recipients, is it a hit or a miss?); what does "matches" mean that is different from either "is exactly" or "contains"--the two…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bridge for Linux is not "completed"

Another link here is listed as "completed" [https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/32772520-protonmail-bridge-for-linux]

A closed-beta that you have to email and request an invitation to is not a "completed" project. It's been two years, and the paying Linux users deserve the same kind of service as the other platforms.

Moreover, there are many routine problems with the Bridge program. connection time-outs, etc. Please go through Bridge and polish the rough edges.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. More keyboard shortcuts

Please implement more keyboard shortcuts for managing mail message. An example would be keyboard shortcuts to open the "Move to folder" and "Apply label" dialog. This is similar to GMail's shortcut, when you have a message(s) selected and press the "v" key. Currently I have to mouse around to do this, and organizing messages is such a core feature, I don't think using the mouse each and every time should be necessary.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Even More Dynamic Filters

I think this would be great to expand on this suggestion below

https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/32599543-dynamic-filter-creation

I would like to add to this feature if dynamic filtering could also be something you can click when viewing an email to add to the conditions of already created filters what from emails you have received to choose elements visually. It would be cool to see/apply "conditions" by hovering over email elements as well as [highlighting] -> parts of the email that you would want to put as the condition.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change ip

Netflix isn't working, I think they put you to a stop list. Is there anything that can be done about that ?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shortcut key for CC field

Adding a CC recipient requires clicking with the mouse. I would like the ability to use a shortcut key to expose the input field.

Gmail uses cmd+shift+c to expose the input.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. bridge should have cli / daemon

please, make a minimalistic comman line interface for bridge. on my machine its a cpu hog! let us enjoy the optimized minimalistic daemon with cli control.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. UI: Please relocate Mail-Contacts-Calendar buttons in PM v4.0.0-beta8+

Please don't waste an entire vertical strip of pixels for 3 buttons. How about place them horizontally above the compose button or bottom left near the version text. PM Font size and readability is excellent in current release, less so in beta.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use hCaptcha or Geetest instead of ReCAPTCHA

The CAPTCHA on the verification page uses Google's captcha service, which is absolutely terrible for privacy reasons. Please consider some alternatives such as hCaptcha or Geetest. (In addition, with hCaptcha you get paid for every time a user completes a captcha, instead of that labour going towards trainging Google's AI).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Android PIN

PIN code keyboard in android app has too big numbers!
    I think that is not secure. That is too easy to track my PIN code while I am opening the app.
    My suggestion is to make smaller numbers, NOT full screen:)
    And make press on each number invisible.
    Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base