Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make FONTS visible! Why the text fonts ('Main view', At Left: Inbox, Sent ... -whatever) have to be about same color/contrast as background

GO AND READ YOUR FEEEEEDBACK! Dont shit on it, act!

Why the text fonts ('Main view', At Left: Inbox, Sent ... -whatever) have to be about same color/contrast as background. Impossible to decipher with normal human eyesight.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Icons

I would like to see better icons.
    I know it is a completely aesthetic feature but it impacts the UX.

They could be colored or whatever but, for example, I still can't digest the "delete forever" icon in the Trash folder. I mean, it's a circle with an X inside.

I would like to see a nicer set of icons, more clear and understandable.

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have spent 20-30 minutes trying to determine whether or not I have the PLUS program. that's the one I wanted- I'm told I have professional

Become more user friendly! I have spent 20-30 minutes trying to determine whether or not I have the PLUS program. that's the one I wanted- I'm told I have professional program. Now I'm not sure how I'm paying for that - credit card or what?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove "Show Password" button from login screen.

Poses a security risk. My password is autosaved and someone may just click it and reveal it. This is very dangerous.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow to scroll between open emails in the mobile app

Be able to scroll through open email instead of having to go back to the inbox to open another email (this feature exists in Apple Mail for iOs)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. more bytes for auto reply

Can't upload my logo on my autoreply mails because it will take up "too much byte". I use it for business mails to acknowledge receipt of emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Email Pop Up Window

Option of popping the new email/reply out.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Opt into beta once via a preference setting

I have to either remember to use beta.protonmail.com or click the link to the beta ui from the main page every time I want to sign into the beta ui. I would prefer to be able to change a setting that defaults me to the beta. If I wanted to leave the beta, flip the setting switch back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. SMTP should be hard wired into the Proton Technologies: ProtonMail (Web Interface).

There should not be any limitations for anyone using ProtonMail on who outside of the bounds of Proton Technologies can receive their email--and no please don't go the route of creating a separate app for this; instead tweak the web interface for the accommodation. An understandable configuration would be IMAP and POP3 being reserved for paid accounts.The current configuration is a way to rip people off. If ProtonMail is to succeed it must be user-friendly (at-least to the point where any ProtonMail user (including an unpaid user) can send emails to anyone (including those outside the Proton Technologies Network)). I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Want moble app for Linux Ubuntu Touch

Unofficial versions currently require sign on each time to check email in smartphone. Too tedious for frequent use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Usability in beta version is AWFUL!

Please have someone do a true usability test on the beta version. If you are trying to frustrate and turn-off your users, it's going to do a good job. A couple of things I noticed immediately.

WHY is the Dashboard the first thing displayed??? This is NOT what people are coming to see. They want to go directly to their Inbox, not be up-selled with your latest products. And then when you do figure out you need to get to the Inbox - WHY is sitting in the upper-right hand corner of the screen? Literally, the last place that anyone…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To deactivate pm.me alias.

I don't want to continue using my pm.me alias because I cannot reply from it. So, I would like to have the option to deactivate it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3rd-party security seal of CIA/FSB non-involvement/

After the Crypto AG fiasco, would a way to reassure your customers be to obtain a 3rd party seal of audit + approval by organizations like Freedom of the Press Foundation, Reporters Without Borders, ACLU, EFF or even CH DFAE/FDFA ?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I got hacked

I got hacked from a person with your company details and email address. I need help.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "Is Newsletter" filter parameter

I would really like to filter out promotional emails into the separate folder, but some merchants are using the same address for commercial as well as for transactional emails (like order receipt) that makes impossible to filter them out via Sender. It would be great to see an additional parameter when creating a filter like "Is Promotional Email".

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto-star trustworthy emails

Currently, only emails from contact@protonmail.com are automatically starred to show the information is from a trustworthy source. It would be nice if other senders had their emails starred, if the emails were also being sent on protonmail.com. This feature could be an option in the contacts, to be enabled by the receiver.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Nesting / parentheticals in the boolean language for filters

At the moment, ProtonMail's filters are, unfortunately, fairly weak compared to GMails — the transition is hitting me fairly hard.

As an example, a filter like this is almost impossibly laborious to represent in ProtonMail's manual system:

> from:(auto-confirm@amazon.com OR digital-no-reply@amazon.com) AND subject:("Amazon.com order of" OR "Your Amazon.com order")

Given that I can't have both an AND and an OR in a single filter, for the above simple example, I'd have to create four filters:

• from:<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:auto-confirm@amazon.com">auto-confirm@amazon.com</a> AND subject:&quot;Amazon.com order of&quot;

• from:<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:digital-no-reply@amazon.com">digital-no-reply@amazon.com</a> AND subject:&quot;Amazon.com order of&quot;

• from:<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="mailto:auto-confirm@amazon.com">auto-confirm@amazon.com</a> AND subject:&quot;Your Amazon.com
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Using the existing feature and include a global option to set email timeouts to the chosen time as permanent until rescinded.

Using the existing feature and include a global option to set email timeouts to the chosen time as permanent until rescinded.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1TB storage on free plan

Storage for emails to 1TB in amount and unlimited number of folders which could be made. This would increase participation and then change over to paid commercial service for more than one email account but will provide a vital private service for private individuals.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to rename application in Google Authenticator to not say Protonmail

Ability to rename application in Google Authenticator to not say Protonmail.

Google authenticator provides the ability to rename 2fa Codes.
    This is useful as you can rename a 2fa code to not giveaway what the code is for.
    However some applications like Protonmail only allow a partial edit of the name and will still always show Protonmail.
    I don't believe this is optimal for user security.
    Please change to allow users to rename 2fa code completely without mention of Protonmail

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base