Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please display a QR-code of your payment address when making a donation via bitcoin

A little quickie: Please display a QR-code of your payment address when making a donation via bitcoin. An online QR-code generator can make the jpeg for you.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View mail header and body

I can view the email body as html or raw but there is no way to see the full mail header and body, just as it arrived to the server. Do it as simple as it is implemented in Gmail (NOT as crappy as in Outlook).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make encrypted mail to outside addresses more like a persistent chat while browser session is open

when sending email to addresses outside of protonmail, the recipient should be dropped into an interface that is more chat-like after entering the message password, so if there is back and forth messaging with the sender a new password doesn't need to be set each time and a new link doesn't need to be received and followed

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replace jittery spinner icon

Jittery FontAwesome spinners are a known UI bug: https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/671

I suggest swapping out the spinner icon with eg an icomoon spinner: http://codepen.io/Keyamoon/pen/aHxuq

Not a site-breaking bug by any means, but it might make things look just that little bit nicer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lancement de la recherche dans les contacts avec la touche ENTREE (ENTER)

Le lancement de la recherche dans les contacts devrait se faire également avec la touche ENTREE (ENTER) et pas seulement en cliquant sur la loupe. Comme dans la recherche au niveau des mails !

Merci d'avance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a "Request Feature" text link in the browser UI next to "Report Bug."

If you make it easy to report a bug, make it easy to request new features from within the ProtonMail web interface.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. After composing, send mail by just hitting the sequence <Tab>,<Enter>

During text composition the Tab key allows users to move from one field to another (To:, From:, Subject:, Body). Currently it takes 6 Tab keystrokes for moving from the message body to the Send key. If only one Tab was necessary, emails would be much quicker to send.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Virtual Keyboard for ProtonMail

Can we implement Virtual Keyboard for our ProtonMail to prevent keylogging attacks?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Log in page cursor auto focus on username field

The Proton Mail web mail log in page at this URL:
    https://protonmail.ch/login

Should have the cursor focus automatically go to the USER NAME field so that the user will not have to click inside the username field during log in.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Si vous voulez plus de clients

Pour rendre attentif les gens qui vont recevoir un mail a travers protonmail et du fait drainer des futurs clients, expliquer en bref dans "signature" ce que c'est pour inciter les gens d'aller sur votre page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. HTML composition mode requires CREATE LINK function

Proton Mail's web mail composition window's HTML mode currently CANNOT create an e-mail with URL links because while in HTML mode, there's no CREATE LINK function in the editor's toolbar. What would be smarter is that the editor should AUTOMATICALLY detect URL links (which may have prefixes such as HTTP or HTTPS, etc) and AUTOMATICALLY create URL links in the HTML page.

Currently there's no way to create clickable links in HTML mode mail composition and the user must switch to plain text mode. However, under many circumstances (such as replying to an e-mail) other than composition a new e-mail…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Login with mobile TAN

there should be an option to send a mobile tan (text message) to a mobile phone number. the login is only possible with the login password AND the sent mobile tan.

it is an additional security step and with this option you are automatically informed if someone else wants to log in your email account

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Messages "Saving..." and "Saved to Drafts" should not move the writing box

When the messages "Saving..." and "Saved to Drafts" appear and dissapear, they move down and up the tools bar and the writing box. I think this is a bit annoying. It would be better if these messages appear in the bottom of the screen or if they had a proper place.

Other suggestion: the left row (Proton Mail logo, Compose, Inbox, Drafts, etc) could be narrower and to leave more room for the mailing frame.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Rights Management System" for the mail; Only sender holds all the rights to grant "Forwarding" and "Reply all"

"Rights Management System" for the mail; Only sender holds all the rights to grant "Forwarding" and "Reply all"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove the limmit for attachments

I do not understand that attachments are limited to 15 MB. It will be a huge improvement to remove the limit so we are able to sent larger (for example PDF) files.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. On your web site you could have a better explanation of how Proton Mail works.

The current explanation of how Proton Mail works that is on your web site may be fine for people who already understand it, but for others it amounts to little more than "trust us." I am hardly a dummy (I served out my indeterminate sentence in a world-class graduate school), but the whole thing is clear as mud to me. I never understood PGP in its previous incarnations either. A clear exposition of how PM works would make it more popular, I am sure.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase polling frequency for new messages

Most mail services poll for new mail at regular intervals. i.e., I send a new message to my gmail account, and it is visible in gmail generally in 15-120s.

With Protonmail, I waited for over half an hour with no updates. A page refresh brings up new messages, but of course this isn't particularly convenient.

Auto-mated polling with a higher frequency should address this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Increasing custom CSS theme's priority

Now it is possible to customize CSS theme in our inbox, but it does not really work properly because of custom theme's low priority compared to default style sheet.
    For example now changing colours of main parts of interface (like primary buttons and main divs), hiding unwanted options, editing style of headings are NOT possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Expiry should not be indicated and screen capture ability disabled

I suggest a recipient should not be able to see that the e-mail has a expiry time.Seeing that there is an expiry time may cause the recipient to forward the e-mail or take a screen shot of the e-mail.
    I further suggest any e-mail with an expiry time should not be able to be captured by way of a screen shot.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to send attachments unencrypted

Ive found Gmail is rejecting encrypted attachments as a security risk.
    Does Automatic encryption have an opt-out.?
    I cant see?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base