Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to send attachments unencrypted

Ive found Gmail is rejecting encrypted attachments as a security risk.
    Does Automatic encryption have an opt-out.?
    I cant see?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clear formatting function should switch to plain text without stripping line breaks

The mail composition clear formatting function should switch existing text contents in the mail window simply to plain text WITHOUT stripping the carriage return / line breaks. Presently, Protonmail web mail defaults to HTML mode composition, but it would be useful to switch to plain text composition WITHOUT causing (especially) the quoted text from the e-mail that the user is replying to, to lose carriage returns / line breaks when switching to plain text mode.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Placement of Reply & Forward Functions; Differentiate Back Function

The reply, forward, etc. functions are far to the right of the e-mail you are reading and not presented contextually (on a small windows 8 machine). Also, the arrow to move back to list view is nearly the same visually as the already-established-by-other-sites reply arrow. The two are confusing and I frequently think one is the function of the other.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Donations

Hello Protonmail team,
    Is there possible to implement another type of payment for donations?

How about banking transfer?

I do not have PayPal / Bitcoin accounts.

Thanks

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. keep it simple

Do not over complicate the user interface with calendars and folders and avatars etc. On other sites this makes them look trashy and a pain to the eyes. So far you have it spot on. Looking forward to import of emails and sync with Thunderbird client.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. UTC instead of GMT

I suggest using the acronym UTC instead of GMT. (The Wikipedia article on UTC says, "GMT is no longer precisely defined by the scientific community.")

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reply to an email (cursor focus issue)

Whenever I click on the "reply" button to reply to an email, I always have to "click" in the email text/body to begin typing. Why not simply default the mouse/cursor to be in the correct position so that I can immediately begin typing?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save the email adres from email recieved.

Tried send an email without replying to a user that already mailed me.
    Din't save the contact mail adress

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Toolbar tooltips

The toolbar on the top right of the page with icons which contains the three buttons for REPLY, FORWARD, etc should have tool tips appearing when mousing over them, just like the text formatting bar in the composition window.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Typing recipients names will cause their email to appear

In theTo: box when composing an email as you type in a recipients first name can their email appear in the box w/out having to save a draft?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better/Sharper website Background

Hello,

in my opinion it would be more beautiful/professionel if the background of your website look more sharper. I like it like it is but if it would be sharper it would look more modern and more professionel. :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why do you have two sidebars on the right hand side of the compose email window?

Why do you have two sidebars on the right hand side of the compose email window? - it's unnecessary & obstructive.

It wastes a lot of time switching from one to the other.
    Otherwise your interface is very 'clean' and quick and easy to use.

Please just put in one sidebar on the right.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In the Compose of new email the To field should get input focus automatically.

In the Compose of new email the To field should get input focus automatically, so users could type in recipient(s) immediately.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Any way to make work with Local Email client

Any way to make work with Local Email client

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove support for old security standards

Time to time we observe attacks basing on downgrading protocol (POODLE) or cipher (FREAK).

I would recommend dropping support for old standards (TLS v1.0, non-FS ciphers suites) to stay secure even when new downgrade-type attacks appear.

Setup should be verified using Qualys SSL test or similar tool.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Simple Non-Technical paper how and what to expect to see and use proton

Simple Non-Technical paper how and what to expect to see and use proton, I more or less understand the technical but NON-GEEKS (even I ) need an EASY to FIND diagram WITH Examples on what to expect and how it works with screenshots for BOTH sender AND receiver. Such as explaining Ecript for outside users. o BOTH have to be on the cloud and logged into Proton to use??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please, how do i change to *.ch (didn't hear) not *.com? How to correct typo in username@protonmail? I have a disability.

Please include the choice of greater privacy by choosing .ch not .com.
    How can you add time (such as 1 hour or 24 hours) and the choice correct errors in your user name and also in this choice ... I mean, when using reader technology it takes more time to figure out what's available.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove sender's initials on messages in Dark Mode.

Having the sender's initials next to messages is REALLY distracting. Having an option to turn it off would make Dark Mode perfect.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Calendar: to have an option to set the limits of the view to working hours (for example 7:00 to 20:00).

Calendar: to have an option to set the limits of the view to working hours (for example 7:00 to 20:00).

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base