Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have ProtonMail Plus. Would like ability to request return receipt and message priority (e.g., high importance). Thank you.

I have ProtonMail Plus. Would like ability to request return receipt and message priority (e.g., high importance). Thank you.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Introduce bulk delete function

Please introduce a feature giving the ability to delete bulk emails

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Undo send

I would like to see an "Undo Send" feature, as found in Gmail. This is essentially a delay in sending, I guess, during which you can click an "Undo" link that appears in the bottom of the screen after you have hit "Send" on an email, for a varying amount of time that you can set (ex. 20 seconds). This gives you the chance to abort the send and tweak the message if, after hitting send, you realized you had forgotten something or you wanted to change the tone. It's something I find I use quite often for work.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. calendar

Calendar would be more useful if...
    1. could accept requests from people using google calendar directly (.ical attachment for example)
    2. could add others to my calendar invites even if they don't use proton mail or calendar
    3. (and more obvious) mobile app version

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Forward ProtonMail emails

I want to set up an account for my 9 year old, but she doesn't have her own device. I need to be able to forward her emails to mine or my wife's so we can alert her when she receives an email or otherwise allow a parent or other family member to be alerted when an account receives mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete individual events from reoccuring events in Calendar

When I schedule reoccurring events in Calendar, I am only provided the option to delete the whole series of events. This means that if one event gets cancelled, I have to delete the whole series or just keep the event on my Calendar even though it has been cancelled.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mark as read in notification in protonmail app

Instead of or in addition to Move to Trash when new email received notification in app, how about Mark As Read. Most times I know what the message is without reading it but I don't want to move it to trash. I'd like to mark it as read instead.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Protonmail App - a Manual sync button

That will be a big advantage to have in this already great app a key feature of Manual sync that would give a better control over the connection and battery.

In the existing version of the Android app it syncs automatically, as soon as you open it and checks for new messages every 10 secs. It's a perfect functionality when you are plugged in internet and electricity. But when you travel in a far end of the world or if your connection plan is just highly limited, you'd prefer to have a better (though simple) control over the syncing activity…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. DNS Server with custom Blacklist

A DNS Server with DNSSEC and DNS-over-TLS or HTTPS, with custom blacklists. Could be integrated as a Feature in ProtonVPN

Similar like to NextDNS or the Blockada App (local VPN).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a "test" or "preview" functionality for Sieve filters

At the moment, there's little-to-no way to figure out whether a Sieve filter I'm trying to create is going to have the desired effect in the future.

Gmail's filters, while less powerful, at least allow me to preview what effect the filter I'm creating would have had on previous e-mails. Relatedly, [Fastmail provides](https://www.fastmail.com/help/technical/sieve-howto.html#testing) a [testing tool](https://www.fastmail.com/cgi-bin/sievetest.pl) for their Sieve platform, although it's a little bare-bones.

Possibly related:
    * https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/37808524--re-sieve-after-creating-or-changing-a-filter
    * https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/37807543-import-export-option-to-run-imported-mails-throug

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Filter on label within folder

Implementing the Gmail equivalent of in:<foldername> label:<labelname> would be great!

On top of making search much easier and more flexible, I believe this feature will also help people who are currently missing sub-folder/sub-label functionalities. So 2 for the price of 1!

Some more specs:

• In the current beta version (ProtonMail v4.0.0-beta8) folders and label are treated the same way in search: in:<foldername> and in:<labelname>. Although they are defined differently: "Multiple labels can be applied to a single message, but a message can only be in a single folder."

• I believe in Gmail the proposed syntax above…
    4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Schedule Send Date/Time for Draft Emails Automatically Sent at a Future Time

I have another email service that allows users to schedule draft emails to be sent at a specified date/time in the future. Once the draft is complete, the email is automatically sent at the future specified date/time, unless that draft email is deleted/replaced prior to the send date/time. The draft email can either reside in an existing "draft" folder or a separate "outbox" folder (as distinguished from "draft" that does not have a scheduled send date/time).

Different Emphasis from Similar Postings:
    I noticed a number of other similar postings, however, I wanted to provide this new posting to possibly emphasize…

1,605 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Too have an option to block email addresses from being able to send you mail

It would be great to be able to block certain email addresses from being able to send you emails. Not just a filter to go to “spam” but being able to actually block the sender totally

1,374 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. please allow the deletion of attachments while retaining the text. this is very important and should be easily implemented.

please allow the deletion of attachments while retaining the text. this is very important and should be easily implemented.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Is it possible to attach an email as an attachment?

From time to time I wish to attach an email to a new email. Is this possible?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Schedule email receival/inbox pause

Gmail and Newton have the option of pausing the inbox and scheduling when new emails appear in the inbox. This one feature is why I haven’t switched.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to be able to remove an old email address for a friend. iOS calls these “Previously Recipients” and allows them to be removed.

I need to be able to see and delete old email addresses for people no longer using those addresses. I keep having incorrect addresses populating the To: field of my emails. I have corrected the addresses in my Contacts, but the old ones keep showing up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ProtonCalendar : Copy event using keyboard + mouse e.g. Control + Drag

Copy an event using keyboard + mouse
    e.g.
    Windows : Control + Drag

Macos : Command + Drag

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sync contacts with phone address book

Sync the Protonmail contacts with the phone address book (contacts app) and vice versa.

1,743 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  21 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be great if Administrators could reset a User’s password.

People are hopeless at remembering. As an administrator I would find it invaluable to be able to reset a user’s password within the edit menu of the user menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base