Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import other calanders into ProtonCalander

As per title, import all current calendar entry from Google/Outlook/365/etc services into ProtonCalander, saving people from reentering all their calendar entries....

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Always display data & time & time zone (sent/received) in email header

Email is used for several legal purposes and as such should document the correct date, time, and time zone (sent/received) displayed in the e-mail header as well as printed. Today ProtonMail lacks this feature which make it difficult to fully transition over to from 3rd party vendors.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Color coding of calender events

What makes me stay at Google Calender is that, over there, I can color events with different background colors to easily see what events are related too (job, lunch, private meeting etc). Perhaps events could have a category tag that you can separately configure to have a certain color. But just being able to assign a color would be appreciated.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. T-shirts w/ Logo for Paid Subscribers

I signed up to Proton Mail w/ a full year subscription. Send me a couple of black and/or white polo shirts in XL w/ a big Proton Mail logo on it and I'll advertise for you. 😎👍

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dead Man's Switch

A "Dead Man's Switch" allows users to be contacted automatically once per month (per week, per year etc) to confirm they are still alive. If (for whatever reason), the user does not reply and thus provide "proof of life," the "Dead Man's Switch is activated.

This involves sending one or more emails out to designated addresses with instructions. It's a sort simple will, but one triggered digitally instead of by a person.

Prontonmail's anonymity suits this type of feature well because hosting one's will on Gmail is akin to sky writing it over Langley, Virginia. LOL!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Focus Mode : minimize distraction and encourage deep work

Microsoft are implementing a new feature to minimize distraction. Cal Newport, who wrote the book Deep Work, calls this a shift towards neuro-productivity. Anyway, I'd like to have the option "focus" where I get all my emails delivered in my inbox at a specific time of the day, instead of emails coming in whenever they're sent. Sure, I could just check my emails once a day, but I need to protect me from myself.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2019/05/06/minimize-distractions-stay-focused-ai-powered-updates-in-microsoft-365/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display message count by Folder/Label

In its simplest form: display a msg count for the Folder\Label that the user is currently viewing.

In a preferable form:
    1. Display a msg count for the Folder\Label that the user is currently viewing.
    2. On the left side bar (that lists all of the Folders\Labels), display the msg count for each Folder\Label in parenthesis, just like you currently display the Unread count for each Folder\Label. Even better- let the user select what count\s he wants to view in parenthesis, under the Appearance settings.
    3. Under the "Folders\Labels" settings, display a msg count for each Folder\Label.
    4. In the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add something like Google's "Send mail as"

Please, add something like Google's feature "Send mail as" (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22370?hl=en)

I have email addresses on other domains (work or school email addresses; for example example@gmail.com). I can automatically forward emails from these addresses to my ProtonMail inbox, but I cannot send email (reply) from my ProtonMail inbox like example@gmail.com. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatically delete emails from Spam

One of the things I really liked using Gmail for was how they automatically delete emails from Spam folder after 30 days. Ignoring other suggestions like "purge ON every X day", but it'd be better if each individual email will have their own 30 day existence period before they get purged away.

After this feature is introduced, I will then permanently move my "business" related email to ProtonMail.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add protonMail Bridge to the support page

Currently, you cannot say you wish to address support for bridge issues. There is not even a way to ask questions about the product, transparently.

• add support contact option for Bridge on the support page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Integrate image compression for sending attachments

Enable compression of attached images.

Mobile phones are now capturing images >10MB by default. It would be great to be able to shrink the image size to enable sharing photos without wasting so much bandwidth and/or exceeding the maximum size.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to attach multiple Protonmail objects (messages, contacts, etc.) to an outgoing email.

Exists in Outlook. Very useful for gathering up diverse email messages (or contacts) that you want to forward to someone all at once with the text of the email explaining why you sent them all together. Today I needed to send several transaction notifications that occurred over a the course of a month to a financial institution to illustrate a problem. Had to send each one separately with the explanation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Contacts, Calendars, and Notes

To sync with your cell phone and email - iphone calendar, contacts, and notes.

8,829 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    167 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A recall feature would be useful. thank you

Recall for emails sent by error.
    Many other email providers offer this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. discover

Can you please accept Discover Bank as a payment card type? I can't currently use my credit or debit card to pay you. I don't particularly like using PayPal and not everyone has a PayPal account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Forward Emails

Hey guys, I have been looking on this https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/7kt5hu/theprofessionalplanisa_joke/drh34sj/ where you guys said two years ago a forwarding feature would be looked into. I am wondering for the update of such a thing? I am okay with giving you access to my private key in change for forwarding emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Critical multi-account support improvements

Right now if you have one account with multiple addresses, you are forced to view it all in one inbox, with on screen indication of what email address is receiving any given email, until you open it. Please make it show which address is receiving an email, and more importantly, give users the option to view the inboxes of each address separately, like Gmail. Having inboxes for each address over on the left where the tags, inbox, etc are, with numbers showing how many unread messages there are would be ideal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Contacts with only Organization in Name

If a contact does not have a First and Last Name but does have a name under "Organization", display that Organization name instead of "Unknown". This would permit address book entries for companies without having to use a FirstName/LastName scheme.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Next to "archive" and "trash" button, add programmable buttons (like "remove labels and archive" or "forward to xxx@yyy.zzz")

I find myself doing frequently the same sequence of actions.
    Would appreciate a button that I could tailor to my needs, with a nice title or icon to trigger it all at once.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A 'clear search box' button

After searching, it seems I have to delete everything in the search box then search on an empty box to restore all emails. Or have I got it wrong?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base