Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. READ STATUS

We all love read statuses in iMessage, WhatsApp, and Messenger. So lets bring them over to Protonmail.

Protonmail could show when people read your emails — use this to get in touch at just the right time. Close deals faster, manage more effectively, and respond with perfect timing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide option to block emails sent to Android and iOS devices

I do not want to receive email notifications on my mobile phone. Texts and emergency warnings are distracting enough as it is. I am able to block gmail notifications but seem unable to block protonmail notifications. Please advise if this can be done using existing commands or whether it could be developed as an option. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2FA BUT WITH EMAIL

Instead of using 2fa with a QR code, we can use other emails (Gmail/outlook) to use as a 2fa. We can contact them if we want to log in to account and we can enter a verification code sent to them. It's much safer and more convenient if we do not have a phone.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can Cash app refund be trusted?

Cash app safe to use for most of the part until you follow all the instructions carefully and keep everyone away from your account. Apart from this, never leave your account login in another device. Because maybe someone can misuse it to make a transaction or many more things. If the payment gets deducted, then reach us for a Cash app refund.
    https://www.techjaadu.com/blog/cash-app-refund-frequently-asked-questions/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Clips of emails

I want to highlight part of an email I'm reading and an immediate option be to "save clip".

Clips are then saved in a special folder or associated with a label, in a feed view, so that I see all clips together without clicking in and out of each email. Then, you can click on a clip to be taken to that email.

Clips are special pieces of information for quick and easy reference. Sometimes a data-dense, text- and image-heavy email gets in the way of that short phrase, single word, or number that matters most. Clips puts that special…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Create an account via Tor

Moinsen Ladies,

unfortunately it is not possible to set up an account via tor browser.
    Payment via Bitcoin is also excluded.
    It doesn't matter how secure an email is.
    You will break in under the pressure of foreign governments.
    As the list of whistleblowers shows.
    The only thing that matters is the overall artistic concept. Unfortunately, this does not work for you yet,
    although the encryption of your emails must be described as successful.

sincerely

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. email notifications

Notification pop-up when new email received

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send e-mail using a redirection e-mail address in the "from" field

Be able to send an e-mail that will have a non-protonmail address (typically, a redirection address) in the "From" field.

Context: the university in which I teach provides me with a dedicated redirection e-mail address, in order to communicate with the students. On gmail, I was allowed to send e-mails using that address in the "from" field, after a very simple checking procedure. Basically, gmail sends a confirmation e-mail to that address, in order to ensure it is yours. Having a paid protonmail account, I was initially expecting to be able to do the same on protonmail. Instead, it looks…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How do I whitelist email from my own domains?

I'd like to whitelist email from my own domains—Protonmail seems to think these are being spoofed, but they are not.

Perhaps as part of an address book system? I don't really know what would be best.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alternative to SecureConnect of Tutanota.

I need an end-to-end encrypted contact form with attached file that sends the message to the PM inbox.

For RGPD compliance on health personal data

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Protonmail Bridge for Raspberry Pi OS (aka Raspbian) 32-bit

I would appreciate the ability to use Protonmail Bridge on my Raspberry Pi OS. I have a new Raspberry Pi 4 computer which is 32-bit ARM processor. It says it's quad-core but the OS is 32-bit. I'm not aware of a 64-bit OS for the RPi, so I'm unable to use a mail client with ProtonMail on my Pi. Please add a 32-bit linux Bridge that supports ARM clients. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Client-side private user-definable rulesets to sort emails into lables / folders

On Gmail for example I have the possibility to create specific rules which sort emails based on a number of conditions (e.g. content of subject and others) into folders or apply lables automatically. I use this feature extensively to perform repeating tasks on emails that would otherwise clutter up my inbox. Basically, automati archiving of invoices and such.

Now, I of course understand, that the philosophy of ProtonMail is to never inspect the contents of an email on the server-side (and this is good), I'd like to propose the following:

Make this functionality totally client-side and store nothing on the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Calendar, notes and news

I would like to have a calendar, notes and a daily news update.
    Calendar so I can set reminders to do something for a specific date.
    Notes to give myself as I work.
    And Proton daily news like Gmail so I don't have to go on BBC to find out the news.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Themes and profile picture (without Gravatar)

I would really new themes such as dark mode or different patterns just like Gmail and Outlook. This would make my ProtonMail less bland.

I would also like to upload/copy pictures from the internet or file explorer to enhance my profile picture e.g. I would like to upload my favourite picture as my ProtonMail profile pic.

Thanks

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fast access to contact (and futur calendar) on Smartphone

I use iPhone (but the need can be applicable to any Android smartphone).
    I would like to use my Protonmail contact list (email/telephone number) instead of iOS contact app in order to manage my contact.
    However, it is not easy and fast to access to Proton contact (you have to click on Proton icon > authentificate > menu > contact) so 4 steps before reaching contact instead of 1 click for reaching contact iOS app.
    Improvement : access to Protonmail contact in 1 click (2 maximum by including authentification).
    Same thing for the futur Protonmail calendar.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ProtonCalendar: Events and tasks sharing

Ability for sharing events and tasks with ProtonUsers and Non-ProntoUsers, like existing on other 3rd services like Outlook and Gmail.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shorter reply emails

I'm using protonmail to finally get away from Google, but am surprised the default reply template insists on using the entire string every time, including the attachments, pics, etc. I suspect this wastes a lot of server space!
    Can you allow selection of a portion of an email to become the ONLY text included in the reply? Gmail did that and it seems like a simple fix. It's fine to have the default bring everything over every time - I'm just hoping to limit it occasionally. The only workaround is to hit reply, then delete all but the top email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. IMAP support for iOS

IMAP for mobile (iOS in my case) would be a very welcome feature. I've used the Mail app forever and wouldn't want't add another one in the mix (trying to minimize number of apps I use).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disable link confirmation in emails

It’s becoming a nuisance for link confirmation pop up to appear constantly when scrolling through emails that have images with embedded links. Is it possible to be able to disable in setting to automatically disable all links that are embedded in images when opening up particular emails with such issue?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add 4 Phases of the Moon

Similar to the Google Calendar, would you add the 4 main phases of the Moon (Full, Third Quarter, New, First Quarter) to the ProtonMail calendar? I find it a wonderful addition, and quite useful.

Many thanks for considering!

https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base