Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Chrome] Desktop Notification

Like tutanota offers. you can give it access to your chrome notifications.

you get a notification popup on a new email

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teleconferencing

I teach English online..and would like to know I´m secure online while on the air. With the capacity to share my screen with others.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GROUPS

We intend to switch all internal e-mail communikation to Protonmail. It would be very helpfull if it was possible to define groups of contacts.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. You could add a very basic and necessary feature such as allowing the user to create FILTERS with VARIOUS options for deletion.

Allow me to set up filters WITH the ability choose the actions such as "delete with notification" "move to spam" "delete without notification" "move to ----- box" etc. Filters aren't enough, there has to be options for what to do with the filters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show the number of new messages (if any) in the window title bar

Have the current window's title include the number of new messages, e.g. ProtonMail (2).

I run PM in a separate window and it would be helpful if I could see from the window list on the taskbar if there are new messages, rather than having to open up the mail window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve ProtonMail Blog Security (Currently C Rating)

Hi,

Please improve the SSL Cert for the ProtonMail Blog.

See rating: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=blog.protonmail.ch

Please use TLS 1.2 with Forward Secrecy. And drop the weak keys.

Thanks,

Will

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Integration of different accounts (and different servers)

Being able checking and sending emails from my protonmail, gmail, and (gmail based) academic or office mail accounts, for example, would be awesome, and would also guarantee more people using this service

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Save message in Sent folder?-Checkbox

I do not want everything I send to clutter my Sent folder.

Even better: A "Save to Sent? Yes | No" option button which is able to override general Settings (that is, when the option to save or not to save is included in the general settings).

Even better: A sunset option: Delete this message after 30 / 90 / 360 days. (But for this better support the older proposition in https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/7158414-scheduling-emails-in-your-inbox-to-be-deleted-afte)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Single page application

It looks like protonmail is reloading a page on every transition unlike some other web clients, which makes it seem slower. This is probably good for compatibility, but it would be nice to see it as a single page application one day, with old interface as an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. An App for mobiles sorely needed in this day and age

An App for mobiles sorely needed in this day and age

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. answer vía SMS

It would be interesting to have the possibility of receive an advise via SMS when a message is received, and also have the possibility of replay this SMS so that is not necessary to login to reply the e-mail.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. PMail to PMail Syncronization or Forwarding

I think it would be great to either add another PMail account to your existing PMail account as another mailbox, or have the option to forward your emails to an authenticated PMail account you own.

This way, if one has multiple accounts, you don't need to log out and in again to check these accounts.

Other mail providers have this, i.e. "Add another account you own"...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wider column/box for composing body of email by shrinking or collapsing column for attachments, expiration, and encription check box.

Perhaps a link to enlarge the text box for composing (body) like a pop up of sorts (similar to gmail), or just a wider middle column so that the compose (body) box is larger and person can view more of the composed message at one time. This box is especially too small if CC and BCC are used. It seems taking space from the column with the attachments, expiration time, and encryption check box would help with this issue. Or a way to collapse portions of the view that are taking up too much space.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Never forget SIMPLICITY and MINIMALISM, the very strength of Google's Gmail

Never forget simplicity and minimalism otherwise it will end up as bloatware in the future. This is one of the main reasons behind the success of Google and Apple as to why people like the services so much especially Gmail. Simple, minimalistic yet powerful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Merging mails with the same subject

The subject is pretty clear. Merging mails with the same subject would improve the search of mails and make the inbox cleaner and more user friendly.

If you receive 20 or more emails per day within one "chat" with your friends, you better not go on vacation...

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. push

When imap is working then perhaps you could implement push technology.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base