Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More keyboard shortcuts

Please implement more keyboard shortcuts for managing mail message. An example would be keyboard shortcuts to open the "Move to folder" and "Apply label" dialog. This is similar to GMail's shortcut, when you have a message(s) selected and press the "v" key. Currently I have to mouse around to do this, and organizing messages is such a core feature, I don't think using the mouse each and every time should be necessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. You need a Windows client app. Hate the web version

Develop a windows app similar to the Android experience

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Schedule Send Feature like Gmail, Outlook, Streak, ....

Schedule Send Feature like Gmail, Outlook, Streak, ....

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. notification tone unique to ProtonMail

The notification tone currently used by ProtonMail (iOS) is also used by other apps, like GoogleVoice. Would be nice if ProtonMail had a distinct sound.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please, please, please allow us to delete attachment independent of the body of the message.

i really, really, really need the ability to delete attachments while keeping the message text and info. this should be obvious in 2019 and easily done. i'v stopped recommending protonmail to others like i had been doing for this reason. there is no real excuse and could be a dealbreaker. thanks for your timely correction of this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Use encryption for users by using their dreams and turning its content into a numeric value?te

Use encryption for users by using their dreams and turning its content into a numeric value?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I just wanted to know if I download the vpn app, will that change my proton email address?

this is not an idea. This is a question---but I saw no other good option for asking this question. thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cool Idea: ProtonDocs (like GoogleDocs) as an additional feature of the free encrypted email service.

This would be a very cool addition and I think that providing a free encrypted/safe place to write documents would certainly increase the number of users, and the overall user activity. What do you think?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. recover emails from an account that does not allow access to a new proton email account

Why can't I recover emails from an older defunct account that all efforts to regain access to have failed and transfer them over to a newly opened account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Proton 2FA

Proton 2FA

2 Factor authentication service, like Authy, created & backed by Proton Technologies.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PLEASE make it easy for me to tell ProtonMail that a message is NOT Spam

It is already annoying when ProtonMail dumps a valid message into the spam folder. You refuse to give users the option to turn off the spam filter (Why???? - Why take that choice away from users?)

I want a single button that I can immediately select that says (THIS IS NOT SPAM!) As far as I can tell, I have to go hunt down the spam interface, re-learn your UI, and manually type in the email address (and it is NOT EASY to cut-and-paste an email address) and go through a bunch of awkward steps.

Please address this problem ---…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give the iOS app rounded corners

Make the iOS app look more modern by adding rounded corners to the UI

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please stop including 'folder' mail in 'all mail'.

Stop including mail that is designated to a folder with 'all mail'. If I did not want to keep the mail I would delete it. As of now mail placed in a specific folder also goes to all mail where it 'joins' all the other junk, and from there will likely get deleted because it does not remain in the folder as it should!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. sign/auto-sign protonmail mobile app email message

oddly, I can sign external messages in webmail, but it's not possible through the mobile app
    kindly make signing external messages through the mobile app possible

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. if a payment is missed, convert account to a free one rather than hold our email hostage until we pay

i lost my debit card and the bank issued me a new one, as such, it had a new account number and i didn't think to update my auto-payment info with protonmail.
    when it came time to pay again, it failed and held my account hostage.
    so i was unable to access my email until i foundout why it was happening, and finally updated it. but in the meantime, it should have simply converted my account to a free one or given a 30 day extention to be able to access my email. what if it was a holiday weekend…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Compatc view

I liked the compact view of gmail.
    Is there possibility to switch in that view, because the rendering actual in use I think is very close.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow more than 3 folders

After horrible experiences with Gmail, I moved to ProtonMail and was really happy at first, but I've now discovered that you can't have more than 3 folders in the free version. This surely makes ProtonMail completely useless to most people? Who on earth can organize all their emails in their life into just THREE categories? That seems insane to me. I'm now having to consider finding another email provider, which is sad as I thought ProtonMail was the answer. But surely no one can organize their emails into only THREE folders? In Gmail I had dozens of folders. I would…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow feedback to be given

I would like to be able to give you feedback on Protonmail. I cannot currently find any way to do this. I can send bug reports within ProtonMail. I can also submit "ideas" on this site. But I would like to offer feedback on my experience that doesn't include "ideas".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Burnable Email Addresses

I wish that there were a slot for email addresses you can designate as a "burnable slot". This would mean that the email address that you assign to this slot can at any time be immediately burned away and a new 'alias' or address created in its place at a moment's notice.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 247 248
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base