Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SIEVE stop as a GUI option

SIEVE has a stop function that will stop it from processing further filters, for users not comfortable with coding it may benefit them to have that option in the filter GUI

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please change Empty Icon in Trash Can to a Trash Can like on any other page and put it in the same place as every other page. Thank You

Please change Empty Icon in Trash Can to a Trash Can like on any other page and put it in the same place as every other page. Also like every other Mail program. I am always wasting time looking for the Delete.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. improve unflagging/unstarring email message support for bridge

when i flag email messages in outlook, messages are starred in webmail, same thing happens in reverse, wonderful
    however, when i unflag email messages in outlook, messages remain starred in webmail, and sometimes when i unstar email messages in webmail, messages remain flagged in outlook

i have no problem starring and unstarring email messages in webmail; outlook flags and unflags messages correctly, albeit after a long delay

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To block fully concrete email adress - not only move to spam

To block fully concrete email adress - not only move to spam. Don't allow to the concrete email adress write you a email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. to access short addresses (mp.me) through Thunderbird.

Can you program the Protonmail Bridge for Thunderbird to use Protonmail short adresse (X@mp.pe) together with the main address (X@pronton.mail) ; (or a tutorial, if it's already possible!)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add message routing to other email addresses

I find ProtonMail very good, but not all the messages I receive on it require the same level of security. It would be great if I could route incoming messages to another of my addresses based on simple rules, e.g. the sender or some text in the subject.

Thank you"!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Expose an API or provide libraries for common programming languages

For those of us that write software and want that software to be able to send emails, it would also be nice to be able to send secure emails.

Java EE has a Java Mail package (and it can be imported into Java SE) as one example, though I'm sure other languages have libraries for sending email and TLS authentication.

What's missing is whatever encryption you do at the browser end as some sort of library other people can merge into their apps (along with a TLS connection) to be able to connect to a proton mail account with an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SEARCH ALL EMAILS FOR A TERM

I need to search all my emails for a person, a subject, a term, why can't i do that? why? why? why? Why is this such a difficult thing for you to do? why? why? why? that seems like such a simple thing to ask for a sophisticated system and email such as this. I am entirely disappointed when I can't remember who sent me what on what subject over hundreds of emails and years of emails. I NEED TO FIND THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Address book sync with Thunderbird

Use the ProtonMail Bridge app to sync contact data with Thunderbird.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. DO NOT USE GOOGLE RECAPTCHA

Seriously ... I HATE GOOGLE RECAPTCHA! Because I actively try to prevent Google tracking me (I've disabled practically every Google domain I can find using my /etc/hosts file), Google is not really aware I exist on the net. As a result, I HAD TO SOLVE TEN--count them--TEN DAMNED CHALLENGES to sign up for this site! (I'm given to understand the following things about ReCAPTCHA: 1) Google does not present as many challenges if it has seen your IP address often, which it won't for me because I actively block them; and 2) the ReCAPCHTA code sometimes presents challenge after challenge…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to change toolbar icons to text

The icons in the toolbar (e.g. mark as read, move to trash, move to inbox, et cetera) are confusing and I'd prefer words.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Scammers using ProtonMail

Mrben1@protonmail.com this mate is tricking people into offering loans at 3 percent interest. Pls ban scammers like this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. About MacOS and iOS Apps.

Dear Authorities,

Mail application should be done for MacOS operating system and dark theme should come for iOS mail application.

In addition, as a suggestion other than these; free mail data storage space can be better than 500 MB.

Thank you!

Yours sincerely.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Message Focus Behavior

When you select an email, the body of the message is displayed, When you select delete, or archive, you move to the next messages in your mailbox, however, the body of the message is not shown until you then select the message. Having to delete a message, then select the next message to view the body is not very efficient. Hope that makes sense.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. extra protection

It would be good if Proton email can create view only mode for attached files sent in email, so recipient can only see them, but not download or do a screenshot. So this this would protect proton users even better from sharing sensitive info.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Account Changes

I signed up for the monthly fee so that I could have more folders. I no longer need that feature and would like to have just the regular account. Every month I get notice that my payment failed and it prompts me to try again to figure out how to cancel the additional feature and have just the basic, free account but I can't figure it out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove keyring requirement from the bridge on linux

Being required to use a keyring to even log in with the bridge on linux makes it a subpar experienced compared to windows.
    I want to be able to just automatically log into the bridge on linux just like on windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have a simple function in filters that deletes emails addresses you do not want to see again . Why have only advanced features ?

Have a simple function in filters that deletes emails addresses you do not want to see again . Why have only advanced features ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Replying with + adresses

If I register to a service with myAddress+serviceName@protonmail.com then have to interact with a mail received to this address (let's say answering to support tickets for instance), I can't do so using the + address.

1) This defeats the purpose of not releasing my simple address in their automatic system. We should be able to reply with the + address (it should even be automatic) or at bare minimum be able to put it as a reply-to

2) If I use a filter to catch mail sent to this address, All subsequent exchanges will not be caught

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fdroid

Could you make ProtonMail avalible on Fdroid the alternatative play store. Or allow download from your website, this could be usfull for people who use costom ROMs with out Gaps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 295 296
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base