Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Do not use Google's reCAPTCHA.

It has come to my attention that ProtonMail uses Google's closed-source reCAPTCHA engine to verify new users before they are accepted into the platform.

This is a privacy risk.

It allows Google to monitor ProtonMail registrations. This also is a fundamental risk to security. To provide your users with proper safety and privacy, it would be best to remove the Google reCAPTCHA functionality from your website.

For more information and possible alternatives, please visit this article on Reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/opensource/comments/gt2cvf/protonmailopensourceor_recaptcha/

Many thanks,
    resynth1943

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the ProtonMail compose mode, it would be great if we could set a default font size and style, instead of having to change every time.

In the ProtonMail compose mode, it would be great if we could set a default font size and style, instead of having to change every time. Presently, I have readjust the size of the font each time I start a new paragraph.

This feature has been standard in G-Mail, Yahoo Mail (and Hotmail, WAY BACK when I used to use it - prior to 2006).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Masquer les destinataires

Lors d'un envoi à plusieurs destinataires il faudrait pouvoir indiquer qu'on ne veut pas que chaque destinataire puisse voir la liste de tous les destinataires

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Blacklist with autodelete

Auto delete any email coming from specified senders. I don't even want to know they sent anything.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add comment section to Addresses list

In Addresses menu, there are Address / Status / Action fields. Add one more input field for a comment/note. Very useful for premium users managing many email addresses to remind them when/where the specific email address is being used.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add comment section to Addresses list

In Addresses menu, there are Address / Status / Action fields. Add one more input field for a comment/note. Very useful for premium users managing many email addresses to remind them when/where the specific email address is being used.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Why do I no longer receive an alert on my other mailbox when I have a Proton message?

Why do I no longer receive an alert on my other mailbox when I have a Proton message?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Office 365

Microsoft Office 365 is the option for your business Microsoft Office programming needs. You should utilize Office programming on your PC and once you're done you need to email or move your archive document utilizing a hard drive. All things considered, we have moved past when Office programming must be utilized on a Windows PC. With Office 365, Microsoft has opened a totally different universe of chance where they offer all the interface online through a program.
    https://www.digitalviables.com/product-category/microsoft-office/office-365microsoft-office-365/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. filters

Filter against any Message Header field, not just 'sender', 'subject', 'recipient', and 'attachment'.

Specifically, I'd like to direct email from "Mailer: MailChimp Mailer" to Spam.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fontcolor change in IOS app

The color of the text in the IOS app is a light grey. This is not easy to read at times and it would be better if it were black or adjustable. Until that is done I cannot add my work domains to Protonmail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have more women programmers and developers.

I'm appreciative of your mission, but I'm shocked to see that you have only one woman on your team, and she's in customer service, which is very important, but a very gendered role. It should be a priority for any modern and forward thinking organization/company to include women from the ground up in development and design.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A well defined email protocol for web based email services.

So that other email services can receive and send encrypted emails. Just like there was GPG/PGP for encrypted emails. So that, I can send and receive encrypted emails from service provider agnostic client and be assured that no one has read on the way.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. all mail

I accidentally deleted ALL MY MAIL because the ALL MAIL is listed below trash and it looks like it was linked to trashed mail.
    ALL MAIL should be maybe the 1st item in the list above INBOX since it's higher in the heirarchy

we all ignore warnings of "this can't be undone" after we've done things once or twice - in this case, that's what happened to me

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please provide a Complete BLOCK on certain emails that don't unsubscribe as requested multiple times

PLEASE provide a complete blocking service when people don't unsubscribe as you requested over and over. It's so aggravating.! I absolutely LOVE your service so please create this option. THANK YOU

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enlarge Note view box in phone app

When viewing contact details on my phone, I am unable to view more than two rows for notes section. This makes it nearly impossible to view and scroll. Please mimic the new feature you included on the desktop contacts note section, to allow for opening up and viewing more than two lines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve Event Finding

Add a symbol to indicate there is an entry for a date on the left sided mini calendar. I've found myself clicking and scrolling a lot to try to find when I have something scheduled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please allow for password changes. I traveled recently, and someone went into my luggage, and has accessed my account and deleted emails.

Please allow for password changes without loss of data and encryption. I traveled recently, and someone went into my luggage, where I had my passwords book kept. My account has been accessed and emails deleted. As well, if you have a process by which to recover deleted emails, please inform me. Please do not penalize me for sending emails to email addresses that no longer exist. Please unblock my account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. DKIM CNAME support

It can be impractical to store DKIM public keys in TXT records, as it makes key rotation extremely difficult (the user is on the hook to update the key). The keylength of the standard ProtonMail DKIM key is also unfortunately quite a bit longer than 255 chars, meaning users have to work with their DNS providers to come up with a way to store such a long key. Why not offer a CNAME option?

Granted, this makes globally unique DKIM keys more of a challenge to implement, but it also makes DKIM (and therefore DMARC and BIMI) implementation easier. The…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. adding a signature to email

copy and paste my signature from Word

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I need to be able to copy text from an existing email and paste it into another email. Currently this function is not allowed.

I need to be able to copy text from an existing email and paste it into another email. Currently this function is not allowed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 311 312
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base