Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Divide Contacts

It would be nice to have an option to put your phone contacts into groups and then export only that ones, instead of individually picking each one or exporting all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. auto-reply notifier

It would be helpful if I can see on my Inbox screen if the 'Auto-Reply' option is enabled.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide view in app switcher

I’d like when you go to the app switcher, for the view of what’s in the app window of the Protonmail app to be hidden, like Tutamail has that option.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instantly Block/Delete E-Mail From Specific Senders/Domains

Button to Automatically, Instantly/Permanently Block/Delete E-Mail Sent From Specific Senders And/Or Domains. So, with One Click All E-Mail Sent to any Proton E-Mail Account From Specific Senders And/Or Domains can be Instantly, Permanently Blocked/Deleted without having to Sieve/Filter/Blacklist it.
    And/Or Being Able to Instantly/Permanently Block and Delete
    E-Mail Sent From Senders/Domains By Entering Specific Words/Phrases. So, if an E-Mail Sent to a Proton E-Mail
    Account contains a Word/Name which is associated with a
    Specific Sender or Domain, it can be be instantly Permanently Blocked and Deleted. For example if an E-Mail Sent To a Proton Account contains the Phrase, "Extend…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. suggestions

thanks for your mail service i really like it, just a few questions and suggestions...

-there should be a place to post a question that is not on the list of preformulated questions.

-i'm missing mails in the inbox, if i search for it by the name of the sender it apears but in the inbox list it is not to find.

- it would be nice if the embedded window that opens when responding to a mail could not only be made visible or unvisible, but could be moved around in the window.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add email addresses to folders/labels

Allow folders to have email addresses added to them so whenever you receive an email from xyz person it goes straight into xyz folder. This way you could have a folder like "pizza offers" and any email from dominoes and pizza hut would automatically go there instead of sitting in the rest of your inbox.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I love ProtonMail! I would like to be able to add another user without having to add all the other bells and whistles. I am a single non bus

I would like to be able to add 1 user without adding another domain or the other "bells and whistles." It is not in my budget, with a non-business account to splurge what upgrading to that option would cost for me. I had hoped I could have me as user 1 and everybody else that is not me as user 2. That way even having 2 users, that admin account or email would still always be safe from the non admins. I forward some unsafe, vulnerable emails to your address to keep safe for me, I would like to have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shared email account via different passwords created after sending an offer from the original one-password email account

Permitting different people to use the same password to access the same email account obviously would create serious security risks. However, what if they have no shared password, but each user has a different password? There are still potential difficulties, such as deletion of messages that cannot be recovered, with deletion both requested and authorized by a single user. However, there are also hazards associated with the organizational structure in business law known as a "partnership." For now, wouldn't it be better to invite somebody to share a no-cost ProtonMail account via an invitation (thus allowing the person invited to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Delete more than 50 emails

Especially when (beta-) testing ProtonMail it would be a great help to have an option to delete more than 50 emails in a row.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Triple Authentication factor

Please add additional personal details while creating email
    For example :
    1- National id
    2- Phone Number

To use it in Password reset

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. adert@protonmail.com 不好意思,是不知如何連絡,本人免費信箱登入遇到問題, 請幫忙, 謝謝

不好意思,不知如何用何種管道.本人的adert@protonmail.com免費信箱無法登入,請幫忙.謝謝.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Possibility for use of the HW token yubikey without the Yubikey authenticator.

It is possible to use HW token Yubikey for 2FA together with the Yubikey Authenticator. It would be great if you can support Yubikey without requiring the yubikey Authenticator.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Android App: Cache credentials ala GMail app

I'm using the Protonmail app on Android and I'm wondering if there's a feature (or a planned feature) that allows me to cache my password to a secure area of the O/S, like the GMail app allows me to do.

There's no way I can recall my password each time - it's generated by KeePass on my desktop, so it's 15-20 chars of random characters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mobile App: Group messages by thread option and create a search bar for folders when filing emails

When I am using the Protonmail, all of the messages are individual rather than grouped by thread. It would be extremely helpful to have an option to group messages into threads for mobile devices and interfacing with an inbox of 10 threads is much more efficient and organized than sorting through an inbox of 100 individual messages on a mobile device. Other mail apps I've used have had this feature. The desktop version of Protonmail also has this feature.

Also. when moving a message to a folder on the mobile app, it would be helpful to have a search bar…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Move security from settings to sidebar

It will be great if security tab from settings can be placed on the sidebar right along with other tabs like inbox, spam or trash. I believe it deserves the high visibility; it won't hurt glancing over authentication logs or session management occasionally just like we do check our inbox. Especially privacy and security being at the core of PM, it will be re-assuring to the users to know such information is right there where they need it,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Better Crypto Payment Processing

Please evaluate www.moneybite.com . I can send you our sophisticated API You can take BTC, but get instant confirmation, no 24 Hour wait.

This is a proven 5 year old technology that works at scale. We can offer you a white label of some of our other solutions including setting you up a channel to receive BTC donations

Please get in touch

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. deseat.me for PM

Deseat.me is a service that can scan all your emails and find all the accounts you created with that email address so that you can delete them and clean up your internet presence.

It only has functionality for gmail and microsoft emails.

If you could build an in-house ProtonMail version we could all benefit from this service without having to expose our info to a third party.

Thanks for reading :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keep the sender's name and address in the non-scrolling header

Include the "From:" name & address in the non-scrolling box at the top of the email page. And while you are at it, reduce the huge font size of the email "Subject:" text.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It’s ridiculous that it’s nearly impossible to cut and paste parts of the body of an email. This is a major problem.

I wrote a long email then wanted to cut out one paragraph to paste in a Facebook post.

This is impossible in mobile. The text slides all over and you can’t select all even.

If I could select all I could easily copy it into notes app and cut from there. Which is already too much work.

I value you and I don’t realistically expect that you can compete with Google but this seems like really basic stuff.

iPhone XS Max latest OS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. keyboard

Keyboard Command to View Keyboard Shortcuts
    For those of us who try not to touch the mouse, a command (e.g., Ctl + ?) to access the list of Keyboard Shortcuts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 238 239
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base