Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Protonmail is too expensive. Offer the option to buy features for life

I find paying 4 euros per month too expensive.
    I would suggest adding the possibility to buy more features like adding more addresses, more filters rules or more GB for life.

5,483 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    99 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish Android app to F-Droid and remove reliance on Google Apps/services

With the emphasis on security, it'd be great if you could put the Android app under a free license and place it in the F-Droid repository (https://f-droid.org/) so that we don't need to use Google Apps/Services to install and run the Protonmail app.

I've noticed that the beta version asks for Google Services, but doesn't seem to need it to function. It'd be nice if you can remove this message/requirement.

1,615 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  97 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow us to have whatever spec compliant local-part for custom domain email addresses

when trying to set the local-part for my custom domain email address to "~"
    I get this error message:

"Only alphanumerics, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed in the local part of the email address, and it must begin and end with alphanumerics." all I can say is why?

"it must begin and end with alphanumerics."
    this is so arbitrary! it's an email address' local-part not a username..

for many years, I have always used ~@myna.me as my email address, before and after I self-hosted my email, I use it for all of my online accounts and and all of…

1,121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Browser Quick Login with PIN

I would like a similar experience in the browser that we have with the mobile app. Set an expiration where the user can still unlock quickly with PIN.

A trusted computer browser stores the main logon cookie with no expiration. But this cookie only has an encrypted blob that cannot access the mailbox alone. The 2nd cookie set to expire in X minutes/hours must be combined with a user supplied PIN, and that will decrypt the non-expiring main cookie blob, which logs the user back into the mailbox.

825 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No Data Retention, no logs, and more transparency.

Things that should have been here.

Protonmail needs to be more transparent in the same way as it is expressively transparent, when it says that its service is hosted in Switzerland.

Why?

There are things we should not ask to do as we do here on this list, ask for encrypted data where it should already have, major keys etc.

These things should already be in place and not be something on demand.

Protonmail has an easier to use interface, but that does not mean it's not as accurate in privacy as it should be.

*E-mail traffic log: Messages sent…

662 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Only allow login with the username/main address, not with every address.

Do not allow that you can log into the account with every address.

If my account name is john.smith then only allow login with john.smith or john.smith@protonmail.com. Not with finance.john.smith@protonmail.com or any other address.

Perfect would be if you would have the choice what address can be used in order to log into your account.

With the current way you have to give away your login username in order to send emails. Hiding the username from the public would be an advantage, since they would have to guess your username and the password. Not only one of them.

641 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Temporarily store 2-step verification

As it’s already (welcome) extra work to enter two passwords, could 2-step verification be implemented so that known devices would only need to be verified again every 30 days or so?

At the moment, with 2-step verification enabled, even a page reload triggers triple authentication, which makes the added security a poor experience.

520 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Accept Bitcoin on the Lightning Network!

The Lightning Network is in beta, but it allows for instant payments (no confirmations) and almost 0% fees, provided the user has a channel open. You already accept Bitcoin... and the Lightning Network is a major upgrade to way people will use BTC to make payments. If you do it soon, you will also get a P.R. boost, as it will inevitably be mentioned in the Bitcoin media.

487 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. One Off Purchase. 100 Euro for Plus, 200 Euro for Pro. Lifetime Subscription?

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I like to keep my number of subscriptions minimal. It's just healthy. Basically. I would pay a good amount to get a lifetime subscription on plus / pro. Thoughts?

442 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support Bitcoin Cash

I would LOVE if ProtonMail would start accepting Bitcoin Cash for both payments and donations.

I understand you don't want to rely on third party payment processors for this and so I propose you link a donate wallet to your website for this and allow us, the BCH community to help make this possible.

Let us help you, help us!

Thanks.

441 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    59 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mailspring support for ProtonMail Bridge

ProtonMail Bridge has bugs integrating with the Mailspring email client. The Mailspring team have expressed interest in working together to get these issues resolved. If the bugs could be fixed and the Bridge could get working with Mailspring it would be a great productivity booster!

391 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sub-folders

The pssibility to make sub-folders for storing emails would be appreciated. Ie. folders that have parent folders and the folders would show up in a hierarchial tree where the folders are currently displayed.

Especially for corporate users filing emails hierarchialy is of great help.

356 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BlackBerry 10 (Hub) integration

ProtonMail and BlackBerry would be the winning combination, how do we integrate them?,

298 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stop using JAVascript for your new onion link. JavaScript undermines the anonymity of TOR

The name says it all really, stop using JavaScript for the onion site as it can completely undermine the security The Tor Project provides, I know for a fact there's a community that wouldn't use it due to that.

290 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Remove dependance on google play services

Protonmail android app is dependent on google play services and that is obviously against privacy and security.
    Users who removed/disable google play services or used vanilla "lineageos" without gapps cannot get the mail client work properly.
    Google play services collect every possible piece of info about the user; location, body sensors, application usage, and every other possible thing. So telling the use to enable/install google services you compromise his privacy and security by 3rd party app which is clearly against the idea if Protomail.

I hope you can correct this and have no dependence on google at all.

262 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Proton Calendar: Share events/invite people to events

I have started playing around with Proton Calendar in beta. It looks nice. I cannot see a way to share events to other people or invite them to an event (internally to other ProtonCal users or externally to people using other calendar services). Is this feature available? If not, is it in development?

256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Proton Calendar - more detailed settings for Frequency

On Frequency in Proton Calendar item there is just every week/month/year. I have some typical situation, that I need action each 4 weeks (which isn't 1 month).

So it would be nice to add more settings for this Frequency something like:
    - each: number
    - day/week/month/year

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SpamAssassin: set required level for each user separately

It would be great if each user could modify the default level required in SpamAssassin (4) to another value (e.g. 5 if too many legitimate mails land in the spam folder).

189 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have multiple inboxes under one account.

As a protonmail+ user using a custom domain I shouldn't have to use a filter to have my custom domain emails show up in my main inbox. I would suggest having multiple inboxes under 1 account. What I mean is you sign in with your email and you have an inbox for name@protonmail.com, another mailbox for a@domain.tld, and another for b@domain.tld . Under each of these inboxes they can all have their own spam and archive folders and whatnot. This would be much nicer, but for some users as well who prefer a unified inbox protonmail could automatically…

187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add ability to run newly created filters against existing mail

I know Custom Filters are brand new and still in development - however I think they were a big "need this to migrate" feature for a lot of us. I've made the leap now that they're present and gone to a premium account. However, I have a couple thousand emails that I would really like to pass through the newly created filters to clean them up uniformly (and validate the filters). Can you please make it so we can run newly created filters against existing mail? Ideally based off the same criteria we can search on.

185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 72 73
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base