Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Proton Browser

Proton Browser

I would Like to see a Browser like chrome, firefox, or Brave. But without the tracking and also it being based in the same location as protonmail would mean its secure and safe to use.

With companys like google buying up all the alternative browsers I think this a needed program/app. What good is the secure email when Chrome is snap shoting and keylogging your protonmail logins.

6,878 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    174 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proton Mobile Operating System (PMOS)

If we really want to stop allowing our private lives and personal thoughts from being the main source of billions in revenue for g00gle, we must stop relying on g00gle's android OS. Their surveillance is built into every aspect of their operating system; snooping into what we write, who we write to, who we call, everyone in our contact lists, what we schedule with our calendars, and who we share our schedules with, where we are at all times, what routes we take to work, where we sleep, where we shop, every purchase we make, how long we spend in…

1,755 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    104 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A Real Proton mail client

A proton mail client protonmail that combine all the features and design from the proton web UI and allows the user to synchronise other mailboxes.

1,212 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ProtonBox, ProtonNote and might be more

Dropbox and Evernote like service that share storage with protonmail. I think lots of people would happy to pay. :)

890 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    65 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a stealth version of your VPN so that ISP or telcos that block VPNs should not be able to tell by packet analysis that VPN is in use

Make a stealth version of your VPN so that ISP or telcos that block VPNs should not be able to tell by packet analysis that VPN is in use

615 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to use keybase.io keys for PGP mail

Many people have keybase.io accounts and already use those keys for encrypted mail. It would be lovely to have a feature that allows you to pull in those keys for sending encrypted mail through Protonmail.

434 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mobile app for Jolla's Sailfish OS

Hi,

Protonmail is a great service, but protecting your emails is still not enough to guarantee privacy. Considering that Google openly admits it is capitalizing on all the data stored in our Android devices, and that Apple or BlackBerry simply do not communicate on the data that they collect, protecting our privacy will require more than encrypted emails.

A new smartphone software company focused on software has been launched by former Nokia employees: Jolla (http://jolla.com/). It is focused on data privacy, and wishes to become an alternative to Android. It has already shipped a smartphone and a tablet.

312 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can you please release an downloadable apk version for android that doesn't require Google Play?

While I wholeheartedly appreciate everything Protonmail stands for, I can't get past the fact that Protonmail doesn't make available an APK download of it's Email app, exclusive from the Google Play store.

AppsAPK.com is a great site for this purpose and would be advantageous for all android users whom already refuse the use of the Google-Monster's services for privacy and security reasons.

I don't care what Google says-------Google and it's CEO are just as culpable for obfuscating our privacy and true security as are any other greedy corporate entity whom requires users to give up their rights to defend and…

307 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Encrypted Contact Form for Websites

A contact form that we can embed on our websites so visitors can send encrypted emails to our ProtonMail addresses. The form could automatically encrypt messages before sending them, and have the usual fields like name, email, subject, and message body.

For example, the form could be inside an <iframe> that's served over HTTPS.

The embed code would need to use some kind of token instead of the actual email address, to protect the address from being disclosed to email harvester bots. Also, for greater security, the form could refuse to load if it detects it's embedded on an insecure…

305 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A function to eliminate the .ch domain and leave only the .com

All accounts ProtonMail bring by default the domain .ch and .com

We don't all live in Switzerland

So we don't want to have there the domain .ch

272 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  59 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. A €1/$1 per month membership that would just give one pm.me email address.

It would be the ideal membership for those who just wanna support you but don't need any features that are not already in the free account. And I'm sure it would interest lots of people, €5 is a little steep for email when you don't need anything fancy and just appreciate the privacy ; )

271 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open API / Tools

Would love to see an API to give businesses the tools they need to run their own secure mail service.

248 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Local currencies with country-based pricing

It costs the average Russian nearly two day's wages to pay for ProtonMail Visionary. It costs the average German just over two hours.

Average wages vary drastically throughout the world, which is why large international companies like Spotify accomodate poorer nations. The same Spotify premium plan is equiv to USD 18.42 in Denmark compared to USD 4.50 in Argentina. This opens up their market to a global audience who would otherwise be unable to afford their service.

So what can we do to prevent someone in Switzerland paying for ProtonMail in Mexican Pesos?

Global issuer identification numbers: the first six…

247 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Put protonmail app in f-droid repository

I use replicant operating system and not android, for evident ethical and security reasons.
    I don't want to use google play, because I'm against google and don't trust them.

It will be very nice to put protonmail app in f-droid repository!

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Desktop bridge for free users.

I am so disappointed that the new 'Protonmail Bridge' is only for paid accounts. I love Protonmail for the fact that it is secure and free. If they continue to leave free users out of these great new features; I may not continue to use Protonmail!

210 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bridge for macos airmail

I use Airmail on my mac and my ios devices, and Bridge would be the fact to buy a plan.

Thanks

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow login username to be different from email and aliases

You can effectively make your login username a barrier from even giving hackers a starting point to get into your account. Since with this feature they would need to know your username first. This should squash any determine hacker and allow great protection to long term protonmail accounts for years to come. Thoughts of "working on hacking this account may take time" is diminished wouldnt ya say?

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. TODO LIST APP

I have used a todo app for decades.
    My todo list includes simple tasks, repeating reminders, projects with multiple todo items, etc.
    I keep my todo list on my iPhone. I have no need or desire to share it with my other devices or with other people.
    For several years I have been using TODO by Appigo. However, a year or two ago they FORCED me to "upgrade" to their cloud-based version. So now, all my todo's are in the cloud instead of on my private device.
    So I started looking for a new app. These days however, every single…

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Protomail in F-Droid

Please make ProtonMail APK for F-Droid, because we love open source.

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)