How can we improve ProtonMail?

font size

could you PLEASE offer a choice of BIGGER fonts for our messages, instead of the microscopic font you offer. do you pay by the font size

104 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    pierre cornellier shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott commented  · 

Mobile app fonts are super small compared to the fonts in all of my other mobile apps.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, I think it's necessary to consider the needs of persons with relative disabilities, including the decline in vision that comes with aging.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The more you use the technologies, the more you become dumber.
        You can simply CTRL + zoom (with the mouse scroller) or +/- on your keyboard, or use the zoom in your browser...

• JustSayYez commented  · 

"do you pay by the font size" lol

• Anonymous commented  · 

I use the mobile app exclusively and I agree that some larger font options would be extremely appreciated!

• Laurens commented  · 

For those interested: you can change the default email font-size by copy/pasting the following css-code to Settings > Appearance > Custom Theme:

#conversation-view .message .frame {
        font-size: 20px;
        }

Hit the save-button and it should work! You can change the size to your wishes.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Geezer here: those of us over 40 generally are becoming progressively nearsighted, unfortunately.
        Lots of "reader" eyeglasses being sold everywhere, proving the demographic need.
        It would help...

• Josh commented  · 

I agree, having the option to increase the font size when reading e-mails (Small, Regular, Large) would be extremely appreciated. I read and write tiny font all the time but I find the tininess of the default ProtonMail font size when reading e-mails to be an eye-strain.

Feedback and Knowledge Base