Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug / feature / suggestion quick access in beta

A quick link to bug reporting / feature request is supposed to be in the current beta version, but I don't see it where it's supposed to be, or anywhere else obvious.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drafts folder shows no draft count number

I can't tell if this is a bug or a missing feature, but the Drafts folder on the left side of the web app shows no count of the number of drafts in the folder, unlike other folders which show the number of messages of those type in that folder.

If other folders show "unread" or "unopened" counts, then of course that wouldn't make sense with Drafts because they'll never be unread or unopened.

The Drafts folder count should show the number of drafts in the folder, period. This is at least basic logic.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to bulk delete multiple pages of emails

Right now I can delete a single page (50 emails) at a time. It would be helpful if I could select multiple pages of emails to bulk delete at one time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Changing the colors of events in a calendar

Currently, the choice of color corresponds to a calendar.That's good but I think it's incomplete because it's possible to use colors to indicate if an event has been realized or not.

For example, my tasks that I have to do for my work are, by default, green. When I have processed them, I color them blue. When I have not been able to do them, I colour them red. But they still belong to the same calendar.

Would it be possible to choose colours within the calendars?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Request the ability to “sort” folders alphabetically on the ProtonMail app(IOS)

Although you can “add folder” on the app you have to go to web site account to sort it alphabetically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. a windows 10 and mac (aka dead) app

a app where you can send and receve emails on windows

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. when there is a chain of emails, put the must recent at the top. don't add them to the bottom, it makes no sense

when there is a chain of emails, put the must recent at the top. don't add them to the bottom, it makes no sense they are then easily missed

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. use of ProntonVPN under Calculate Linux - Gentoo

I used ProtonVPN under Ubuntu Linux as well and good.
    Now i d like to use it with Calculate Linux Desktop under Gentoo architecture.
    I'v downloaded the "net-vpn/protonvpn-cli" application. But now i don't understand what to do to configure and launch it ?
    May you help me pls ?
    Bst rgds.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. all mail

I accidentally deleted ALL MY MAIL because the ALL MAIL is listed below trash and it looks like it was linked to trashed mail.
    ALL MAIL should be maybe the 1st item in the list above INBOX since it's higher in the heirarchy

we all ignore warnings of "this can't be undone" after we've done things once or twice - in this case, that's what happened to me

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4.0 Beta: Folders/Labels sort button removed

In the current beta version (ProtonMail v4.0.0-beta12), Folders/Labels cannot be automatically sorted anymore, the sort button is not displayed in the settings.

By the way, if you implement it back, please add a confirmation message to avoid any click by mistake on it.

Instead of alphabetically mixing folders/labels, it could be interesting from the settings to automatically group and sort the folders/labels, meaning sorting all the folders alphabetically first, then all the labels (alphabetically also).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. (Mobile) Share Contacts outside of the app

If I understand correctly, the only way to make a call or send a text to contacts stored in the protonmail app is using the copy to clipboard option.

Could we not utilise android's "share to app" feature?

I see there's plenty of entries here regarding syncing protonmail contacts into the android phone and contacts apps, but this request is probably a lot simpler. Of course, it would help if I had a widget that went directly to the protonmail contacts page (or widgets in general).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please restructure the email that is sent to a recipient to access the encrypted email

When sending an encrypted email people keep clicking the wrong link because they just don't read or understand. Please restructure the email that goes out to not include a link to my email account (because then they need to log in as me). Provide a clearer (and only) option to click here to view the secure email. Seems trivial but I have spent way too much time explaining to people what they are doing wrong.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Payment with Cryptocurrencies

It is currently possible to pay with Bitcoin. Many people do not want to trade with bitcoin due to its devastating environmental impact and bad privacy. Why go through the hassle of implementing other currencies when, after all, you are interested in fiat. There are many awesome services available that help to solve this issue. UTRUST, is one of them. https://utrust.com/.
    You implement their API. We can send you whatever cryptocurrency UTRUST supports (more than Bitcoin...) and you get the money.

Advantages for
    Proton: No hassle with implementing and managing many payment options
    User: More payment options

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. bluetooth mouse support for iOS app

Now that Apple has added bluetooth mouse support to iPad OS, most apps work well with a bluetooth mouse. ProtonMail is the exception. With an email opened in ProtonMail, the mouse scroll wheel does not work to scroll down and dragging down with the mouse selects text and does not scroll down. The only way to scroll down using the mouse is with a custom gesture in Assistive Touch. Please at least add support for the mouse scroll wheel. Some mouse drag method of scrolling would also be nice Maybe a draggable scroll bar on the side.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a tick ✅ to feedback suggestions which have been adopted by ProtonMail

It would be great to be able to see if and when feedback suggestions have been adopted by ProtonMail. It will make us feel hopeful. :)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Display the post date of feature suggestions!

It's good to know how old a suggestion is when voting for them!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I want a refund to my email account I signed up for. I no longer want to use this site for my email account. The reason is because google ha

I want a refund to my email account I signed up for. I no longer want to use this site for my email account. The reason is because google appears to have something to do with the authentication process you provide. (either the app or the 2Authentication). I do not trust google with anything. (due to their proven invasive behaviours).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set expiration after send

There have been times when I have sent something and thought "I should have put an expiration time on that". So, as a user, I would like to be able to add, and possibly alter, expiration times for mail items to other proton mail users from my sent folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. keyboard shortcuts in tooltips

You already have tooltips - it would be helpful if they included their corresponding keyboard shortcuts. For instance, the tooltip for the Archive button could read "Archive [a]" instead of simply "Archive." Makes learning the shortcuts much easier. Inkscape implements this if you want to see an example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve Contacts Features

1) Add any contacts to groups. Currently, a contact must have an associated email address for you to be able to add it to a group. For people like me, who mostly network by exchanging phone numbers, this is problematic. Adding this feature would make the contacts manager a lot more versatile.

2) Allow automatic contact syncing for android/iOS. I would rather manage all of my contacts in one place (that isn't Google) than have them divided between PM, Google, and device storage.

3) Improve the contact groups. Currently, the contact groups function somewhat like labels. It would be great…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base