Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ONE, effective, efficient support team, not TWO uncoordinated!

I have just experienced a situation where I had a request for support and I contacted both support@protonmail.com and through Zendesk, as I wasn't sure which one would really be responsive.
    Perhaps unsurprisingly the former was quicker and more efficient (although I am actually still waiting for them to do what they promised) whereas the person at Zendesk appeared not really to know what they were doing, did not seem to have carefully read my request.
    More importantly after I started having my request dealt with by support@protonmail.com, and had my communication going with them , I got an…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please, how do i change to *.ch (didn't hear) not *.com? How to correct typo in username@protonmail? I have a disability.

Please include the choice of greater privacy by choosing .ch not .com.
    How can you add time (such as 1 hour or 24 hours) and the choice correct errors in your user name and also in this choice ... I mean, when using reader technology it takes more time to figure out what's available.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. [Sieve] functionality to check if a message has a label

From what I can tell, filters are applied in a specified order, since you can drag and drop. So, labels applied in preceding filters could be used to inform decisions in downstream filters.

Therefore, being able to check whether a label is present on a message would be immensely helpful to check if previous filters fired.

e.g. a filter specifically designed to pick out 'legitimate' mailing lists applies a "Mailing list" label.

Further downstream, another filter applies a "Marketing" label to messages with "unsubscribe" headers, but only if the "Mailing list" label is not applied.

I'm currently achieving this behaviour…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. YubiKey? Ever? No? Hello?

The dedicated Protonmail community deserves a real response from the crack team of Protonmail scientists and engineers. When are you implementing Yubikey or are is your tag line just bs?

"We are scientists, engineers, and developers drawn together by a shared vision of protecting civil liberties online. This is why we created ProtonMail, an easy to use secure email service with built-in end-to-end encryption and state of the art security features. Our goal is to build an internet that respects privacy and is secure against cyberattacks.

We are committed to developing and widely distributing the tools necessary to protect your…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Maybe with some little harmless fear, and advantages we have are pady achieved, we can make our circle of clients much bigger. This horrible

As long as our products are are ahead of the stuff they have, we will be able to to get the best part of the market and we will be able to improve it even further..

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ProtonMail Signature: Gratis + direct link to signup

This concerns the ProtonMail signature of users on a free plan.

• Put a direct link to the ProtonMail plans/the new account page to ease the life of future users!

• Show off that free accounts exist!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Setting to temporarily disable user authentication

I would like ProtonMail in a browser on my laptop to behave exactly as the app on my phone:

• Opening the "app" gives me the inbox adn direct access without authentication

The browser sessions require me to log in every time. This is a very good security feature, but for my everyday use I would like:

• setting to remember login from this particular browser and computer (or even network), as specific as can be within the limits of the technology

• remembering should be disabled when connecting to a different network, or when trying a different browser

• remembering should have a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Custom proxy support for Bridge

I want to be able to specify a (for example) socks proxy in the Bridge settings. If proxies used by Alternate routing use different protocol, then I'd love to be able to self-host my personal one.

Alternate routing is too unreliable at this point. Centralized proxy is not a way to go. Bridge application logs all available proxies, so if some unnamed governmental entity wants to block PM, it's a very simple task to do. Just tail the logs and/or investigate all outgoing connections and blacklist whatever comes up. That's what they've done to Telegram.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Multi user too expensive

1 user, 1 domain = 48€/year
    If you need 2 users, 1 domain = 150€/year
    Why a so big price increase when you need 2 users ? Could you have an better offer, for example at 70€/year. Seems more logical.

Best regards

173 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Import other ProtonMail email accounts into one single account.

Allow users to import other ProtonMail email addresses that were created before the option of having multiple email addresses in the same account existed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ProtonCalendar: create calendar event templates

Hello ProtonTeam,

Could it be possible for a user to create an event template? Example, almost most of my events, I set the same reminders (1 week before, 1 day before, 1 hour before). Or for events on XX calendar, I would like to have them all to have a certain note included.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set email entered text to a default font style and point (e.g., Times New Roman 16 pt)

Set email entered text to a default font style and point (e.g., Times New Roman 16 pt)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. have the protonmail android app look for any web connection, not just lte or wifi

electrosensitive folks connect mobile devices to the internet using ethernet to avoid headaches, anxiety and other symptoms related to wireless exposure. this connection is not recognized by the protonmail app on android, it is on ios. please change the code so that ethernet connection is also recognized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Save Birthday without Year

At the moment, birthdays can only be stored together with the year.
    I would like to save it without year too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Force 2FA or MFA for custom domain

Force 2FA or MFA for custom domain Users by same Domain Admin users. This is basic and mandatory requirement from all Compliance like PCI DSS, NIST, SOC2-3 and GRC. At moment we can enable 2FA but its controlled by individual user but Admin. It would be great if we can have feature where user can enable 2FA while create new user and enable for existing user.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Já tentei várias vezes mas não consigo configurar o Thunderbird. Eu faço exatamente como recomendado, mas não funciona!

Problema resolvido! A senha a ser usada no Thunderbird não é a senha da conta, mas sim uma outra senha bem extensa e complicada que está no Programa.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Besides Weeks, Months and Years, ADD Days as well for Repeating Events.

An Option to have multiple Events during a Day gives the possibility to be warned to "Walk the Dog" twice a day and repeat this activity also every day of the week, forever..
    Similar, if you must take Medicins, twice a Day and do so every day (getting a Beep!) is usefull.
    The Location is "Not Applicable" in both examples.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Email search logic change

When searching for contacts in the email TO-field, the search suggestions pick out any match and sorts them apparently randomly (or maybe on latest usage?). However, usually a search is done using for instance the first letters in the receipient name. The present logic in the search therefore tends to give te wrong results.

Example: I want to find the email for Efraim Smith, efraim.smith@abc.com. I also have in the contacts Sara Davis, sara.davis@def.com. A search with the letters "ef" as in Efraim returns as the first result sara.davis@def.com because it matches a part in the domain.

It…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dock composer window to the right vertical panel like in Roundcube

Right now the popup is too small, the full screen is too big. Having the window docked would smooth out the interface. Allow the composer to dock to the main Protonmail window, like in Roundcube.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outlook Compatibility

The bridge is a great idea if you are able to download it; I primarily use my work desktop, which won't allow me to do so. I would love to see Outlook compatibility with the (Android) mobile app as well. If I could pull in my Outlook/Exchange emails to ProtonMail, I would ditch all other clients straight away. It seems the only function of the bridge is to 'send' ProtonMail desktop to Outlook desktop. What about the other way round?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base