Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show/hide labels applied to emails in PM inbox

It would be truly amazing to be able to toggle show/hide all labels applied to emails in the inbox. Currently only the first label is shown in full and hovering over all other applied labels is the only way to view them (and only while hovering). Having the option to be able to see all labels which are applied to an email at a glance (like in gmail) would be massively helpful. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folders have been downgraded in beta.

I like the beta version of Protonmail, but folder creation has been downgraded. Please revert to the strong folder colours of the original version, and replace the sort button. Thanks. Also nested folders would be great!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. What happened to new folder Sort button?

I need to create new folders. What happened to the Sort button? Also the folder colours are not clear. Please revert to the original version for folder creation. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pricing option between free and plus

The free plan has sufficient features for me but i still would like to financially support Proton to keep it free of backdoors and advertisements in the future. Please make a plan identical to free but for €1 a month.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ProtonVPN Nicknames for Split Tunneling IPv4 Whitelist Addresses

Would like to see the ability to "nickname," or add a text-string name, to each user-defined IPv4 address on the whitelist in the "Split Tunneling" Advanced Setting. Currently, it is just a list of near-meaningless numeric IPv4, which would be much or convenient to both remember and toggle if they were nameable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Custom Filter condition sort

Hello, some of my Custom Filter conditions are long and now it's hard to keep track of whether I can combine custom filter conditions. Please provide a sort button to the Custom Filter conditions.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. [Beta] Increase icon size, more distinct icons for trash and archive

I use beta.protonmail.com and the icons above emails (seen/unseen, archive, etc) seem small to me. Maybe you could increase their size a bit?

Also, when I want to archive a message I always spend 1-2 secs to distinguish between trash and archive icons -they look very similar on a first quick view. Maybe you could change one of them to be more distinct from the other?

Thanks alot!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. create folder automatically on import

Just migrated from gmail.
    It imports starred mails and all mails in folders/tags but does not create folders for them in your account.
    It puts them all in an import folder.

It's really important to maintain folders on import.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change the terminology of 'Whitelist' and 'Blacklist'.

I realize that these are industry standard terms, but I'd like you to consider how inappropriate they are by today's social standards.

Items in the "White" list are accepted.
    Items in the "Black" list are denied.

There are many alternative names for these lists:
    Allow vs Block
    Yes vs No
    Accept vs Deny

I hope Proton can be a leader in driving the industry to change this outdated terminology.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow autoreplies for non-fee paying users

I understand protonmail pushes for sales (subscribers) and I have been planning to buy a package. However, recently, I tried to set up an autoreply only to find this was not optional for my current package. I found this to be a really cheap effort on the part of protonmail, which so far has been great. I am currently between jobs and cannot justify an outlay.

I really expected this to be included and am disappointed with the service.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Move the compose window to not cover any part of the email

I'd like to have a composer window that doesn't cover any part of the email I'm responding to. It could instead cover ... well, literally anything and everything else. The one part that actually matters when composing an email is to be able to read what I'm responding to. If this came in the form of a popout that'd be fine, but if that's too much work, I would think shifting the current location wouldn't be a lot of work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Proton Mail Faster, Even Just Close to Normal Speed Would Suffice!

Yes, disappointment and/or anger will be the reaction of the public in the long run. When one signs up for Proton Mail, the web page fails to disclose honestly that it takes more than 100 times to receive an e-mail than it takes other e-mail suppliers, perhaps 1000 times if a photo is involved. These numbers are not exaggeration!

Yes, in exchange for security, we must endure massive delays.

The delays, plus the sign-up-page dishonesty and the consequent feeling in customers of having been cheated or lied to (lie of omission), will eventually cause the company to fail.

Unless ProtonMail…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 72 characters word wrap

The plain text feature needs a 72 characters word wrap in order to write to mailing lists and/or mutt users.

Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Folders in the Inbox, and rules to direct the e-mails to the right folder.

Having folders is alright - but I would like to have folders under the "Inbox", where I can funnel e-mails to by some rules. G-mail is actually pretty good at figuring out what are new mails, promotions and updates. Albeit, I don't expect this type of machine-learning-based filtering any time soon from ProtonMail, so I would like to setup folders that sort of simulate that - because I generally know what is what.

So this request is for:

1. Let there be sub-folders in the Inbox

2. Let there be rules, that can direct certain e-mails to certain folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. decrypt messages that haven't been send by email but crypted with our public key

thanks to a new feature, users could be able to decrypt their (crypted) messages by themselves. just by putting the encrypted message in a case end clicking on a button "decrypt". in case the message was not send by email.

hope i've been clear enough.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Popup notification for activating free trial for VPN

It is too late for me... Can you guys add a popup window to a button if pressed in vpnproton then it warns you with a yes no instead of just activating the free trial that I was waiting to activate. I know this is for protonmail and not protonvpn but I dont know where to ask them. This is for you proton developers https://youtu.be/cs4RG9u8IVU

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add IMAP / SMTP functions even for free accounts.

Aggiungere funzioni IMAP / SMTP anche per account gratuiti.
    L’account di base gratuito è un ottimo servizio pubblico.
    Vorrei chiedervi cortesemente se è possibile aggiungere la funzione IMAP / SMTP per una gestione più agevole.

To Add IMAP / SMTP functions even for free accounts.
    The free basic account is a great public service.
    I would like to ask you politely if it is possible to add the IMAP / SMTP function for easier management.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. custom theme on mobile app

I would like to have the custom theme/colors be applied to the mobile app as well. ie - after I apply custom css to the web interface, I would like to have the same css/colors apply to the mobile app.

This is because: I don't like the default color scheme because the distinction between "read" vs "unread" is too slight - this needs to be easier to see at a quick glance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base