Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. spam

It appears that SPAM works perfectly except when there is a filter applied. For example, a filter by recipient matches user2@example.com then move to folder user2. It would be nice to have the system SPAM process ahead of the filter process or even the option where the filter is applied before or after system SPAM process.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. J'aimerais pouvoir enregister les emails directement dans les contacts lorsque j'envoie un message...

J'aimerais pouvoir enregister les emails directement dans les contacts lorsque j'envoie un message...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Button design

Hello.
    I strongly recommend to change the design on delete mail button and mark as spam. They're too close to each other and when I'm deleting mails in a hurry I have the tendency to press the spam one rather than send it to trash.
    Changing the design to make their purpose more visible to users would help a lot, this way we won't accidentally send to spam emails from trusted sources, from which we want to receive emails again in the future.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Exclude user in conversation grouping

When using conversation grouping, the least interesting information is that the user him- or herself participated. I want to see who I am having a conversation with, not that I am having a conversation.
    Having my own name first takes up valueable space and may even hide other participants.

It does give one valuable piece of information, though: I, the user, was the last person to say something in the conversation (aka. I have replied) - consider if this can be signalled in a more compact way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. increase size of mail field

when reading mail, too much of screen (mail message) space is taken up by menus/headers above the mail message. is it possible to decrease their size relative to mail message, or not have the menus enlarge. when i say 'enlarge', i mean the result of using cmd-shft-+ on macs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. download

I would like to ask you to add the possibility to download multiple attachments as a one compressed file.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Why do you attempt canvas fingerprinting?

Hi, I accessed Protonmail via Tor Browser today, and during the account set up process, I clicked on "Learn More" before giving my phone number to verify. When the page loaded, Tor Browser warned me that you were attempting to access the HTML5 canvas image data, which could mean you were attempting to use canvas fingerprinting. Is that what the purpose was? Does that not go against your stated goals of protecting privacy? I am not judging one way or another, as I don't know why your website attempted to do that, but please do give answers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Pro version should have 5 emails + 5 users

I have been a protonmail for less than a week and I love it! So much so that I upgraded to pro so that I can give my wife an email account where we can communicate and share private info.

To my surprise, the 5 emails in pro are only that, 5 emails. I cannot manage or assign additional users the emails that I have created.

This was very frustrating to me because if I want to create users I have to upgrade to visionary, which I will not do for a family of 2.

I would like to request…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Move language selection menu away from "login" button on https://protonmail.com/

Every time I try to quickly login to inbox I end up pressing "NL - Nederlands" because language drop-down menu is triggered on mouse hover and almost fully blocks the login button if you happen to move your mouse a little too high.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. when you OPEN THE ACCOUNT YOU WANT TO LET PEOPLE KNOW YOUR NEW EMAIL SO AT LEAST LET THE FIRST FRIGGING EMAIL BE A BULK EMAIL!!!!!!!

when you OPEN THE EMAIL ACCOUNT YOU WANT TO LET PEOPLE KNOW YOUR NEW EMAIL SO AT LEAST LET THE FIRST FRIGGING EMAIL BE A BULK EMAIL!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Colorpicker for folders, labels and user-friendly custom theme page

Please allow end users pick any color for folders and labels. 20 colors is not enough! And customizing web application appearance with css is too complicated. Kindly consider making it easier to use this feature. Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable custom width reading pain in split view mode.

While in split view mode add a control for setting/changing the percentage of screen/frame uses. Where the combination of the header list and reading pane == 100% thereby ajusting the reading pane to 70% the header pane also adjusts to 30% of the space alotted to both. With this setting I can accommodate troublesome emails that won't display properly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Don't log out from the iOS app so often

I have Touch ID enabled, but the app forgets my login credentials so often that I'm always having to enter the password. Touch ID should work for a loooong time. Weeks. Months, even.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Delete everything?! Presently, "Trash" sits above "All Mail", a few pixels error and two clicks deletes "All Mail", instead of "Trash".

Keep valid working folders separate from "Trash" logically (disconnect labels) and ergonomically/gui.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. By letting me fight

May I please help

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reading password protected mail in plain text/without entering password

Hi, since I'm new to Protonmail, I've tried it a little.
    I noticed the following:
    - I wrote with the iPhone app an encrypted/password-protected mail to my Gmail account.
    - In order to be able to read the mail, I clicked the link in the email in my Gmail in-box
    - On the Protonmail page I entered the correct password.
    - I used the button to respond to the email.
    - I opened the received email with the Proton iPhone app.
    - In the app I pushed the button to answer.
    - In Gmail I could now read the just…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow hiding auto unsubscribe bar for "safe" mailing lists.

On smaller monitors, every vertical centimeter counts. The new auto unsubscribe bar is lovely, but I can't hide it.

I like the idea, but make it so that it is in the dropdown "More" menu rather than placed at the top of every email received through the list. Or at least make it an option to hide it permanently for a given mailing list.

Basically, the number of times I want to unsubscribe from an email list I'm getting messages from is very nearly zero. Something that I will act on so rarely shouldn't be getting prime real estate in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. offer new email on top of the list, not the bottom.

Offer a way to have new email on top of the list, not the bottom.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Readability

In the standard web interface after accounting for branding, buttons, email headers, and footers, the actual content of an email is restricted to about 3 lines. Trying to read a long email is painful. I couldn't find a way to either a. Make a dedicated model pop up for a single message for reading or b. Expand the existing read window to allow for more text to be read at once, in any view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Removing account after sometime of inactivity are bad idea.

I mean...for example in Tutanota.
    1) Deleting account after some inactivity time
    2) Do nothing after some inactivity time

if you guys doing this,i will use protonmail.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base