Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. [Chrome] Desktop Notification

Like tutanota offers. you can give it access to your chrome notifications.

you get a notification popup on a new email

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teleconferencing

I teach English online..and would like to know I´m secure online while on the air. With the capacity to share my screen with others.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More storage space

Would love to see more storage space in general, and an increase in the daily allotment of "forwards" that would prevent getting so easily blocked out of my account, but would still allow good screening of "spammers".

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contacts Only filter

A filter allowing only people on your Contacts list to email you; all other emails get rejected.

Unfortunately I have a very common name, not unlike James Smith, so I am often endowed with a plethora of unsolicited emails. I do not want to use numbers and symbols in my email address.

A Contacts Only filter would be most beneficial.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. View mail header and body

I can view the email body as html or raw but there is no way to see the full mail header and body, just as it arrived to the server. Do it as simple as it is implemented in Gmail (NOT as crappy as in Outlook).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Transfert de mails suivant certaines règles

Il serai utile de pouvoir transférer des mails à d'autres adresses suivant certains crières. Peut-être en place lorque vous aurez installé la gestion de règles à d'autres niveaux (gestion automatisée des labels, ....)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sublabel

I am a huge fan of labeling mails. Would it be possible to have a subduable under a label? Furthermore, it will be wonderful if we can sort our e-mail into labels automatically if we receive emails from specific email addresses!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Send Plain Text E-mail

The ability to send email in plain text as an option, like gmail does. Some mailing lists require plain text so this would be very handy.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. GROUPS

We intend to switch all internal e-mail communikation to Protonmail. It would be very helpfull if it was possible to define groups of contacts.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Buy into the beta

I signed up and i'm eager to ditch gmail you should allow us to buy into the beta (as a donation)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. VOIP dialing , with redacting caller ID

-(voice-over-internet-protocol) dialing metric to allow browser voice calls via voice plugin for microphone

redact caller ID

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add option for browser login to ask five random characters from your password string.

To have the option to *not* use the full password at login, but random digits from it. This has the advantage that even if the entered password digits are captured from keyboard or by other means they won't be useful for another person to log in. The algorithm can reduce the variability if logins come from the same ip address or machine, so that capturing multiple login passwords from the same computer would still not reveal the full string.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Several Mailboxes for a single ProtonMail login

If I want to use several ProtonMail mailboxes, It would be simpler to access those with the same ProtonMail account (login)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. You could add a very basic and necessary feature such as allowing the user to create FILTERS with VARIOUS options for deletion.

Allow me to set up filters WITH the ability choose the actions such as "delete with notification" "move to spam" "delete without notification" "move to ----- box" etc. Filters aren't enough, there has to be options for what to do with the filters.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make encrypted mail to outside addresses more like a persistent chat while browser session is open

when sending email to addresses outside of protonmail, the recipient should be dropped into an interface that is more chat-like after entering the message password, so if there is back and forth messaging with the sender a new password doesn't need to be set each time and a new link doesn't need to be received and followed

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Replace jittery spinner icon

Jittery FontAwesome spinners are a known UI bug: https://github.com/FortAwesome/Font-Awesome/issues/671

I suggest swapping out the spinner icon with eg an icomoon spinner: http://codepen.io/Keyamoon/pen/aHxuq

Not a site-breaking bug by any means, but it might make things look just that little bit nicer.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Expiration of message:

I would very much like to see an option that the message will be deleted after it is read 1 time. 2 times, etc. That way, I will not worry whether the recipient might se the message in the next couple of hours. Whenever he sees it, it is fine, and after he sees it, it will disappear.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. OpenPGP mail with resend capacity (like a Nym server)

I think it is more simple to express the idea with an example. But it is kind of an old school nym server capacity.

Alice want to send a secure message to Bob. She can't connect directly to Protonmail for technical reason. Let say she is stuck with a really poor data connection. But she can receive email using an mail client (like alpine)...

How can she contact Bob if he can't use GPG because it is too complex for him.

Alice send an encrypted message to alice+resend@protonmail.ch encrypted with protonmail public key and digitally sign with alice registered openPGP…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Alerting/Warning subscriber when clicking sign-out, discard or any other "cirtical" buttons

It would be helpful if the user is "warned/alerted" when a "critical" button, like discard contacts, sign-out, etc. is clicked. First of all a loss of data is prevented. Secondly, laborious re-entry of data or sign-in again is avoided (time is saved)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base