Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keyboard security

Keyboard entries don't seem to be secure on Android devices. Why don't you introduce an inkognito keyboard like Signal has it for some time already?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. delete spam emails

I like to have a button on my spam folder to empty it, like I have on my yahoo account.
    Right now I have to delete each and every spam mail TWICE, because it first goes into the trash folder. WHY?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. inbound distribution list

Please create the option to have an inbound email distribution list, e.g. family@domain.com forwards email to multiple inboxes. Basically what gmail is doing with groups.

family@domain.com -> father@domain.com, mother@domain.com, kid@domain.com.

Thank you

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enhanced Folder Functionality

Every other major (and many minor) email clients have hierarchical folders - organizing emails is not a discretionary function. Proton Mail should have:

1. Nested folders (critical)

2. Unlimited nesting (important) - a reasonable compromise would be 2 or 3 levels of nesting.

3. Drag n Drop sorting (critical)

4. Search options that reflect hierarchies (all folders / sub folders / this folder) (important)

5. Color inheritance (from the top-most folder in a group (not important)

I can't fully migrate off my other emails until this basic functionality is supported.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pruning

The option to prune messages matching certain conditions (folder, tag, filter) after a set time.

Use cases for this would include package dispatch notifications, which are generally not needed once a delivery has been received.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SpamAssassin: default required value for all users

As long as my other idea (https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/34132327-spamassassin-set-required-level-for-each-user-sep) is not yet implemented:
    Set required level in SpamAssassin more conservatively as suggested by SpamAssassin:
    https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html#user_preferences
    Default (for single-user setup) is 5 - for ISPs they suggest that "you should probably set the default to be more conservative, like 8.0 or 10.0". ProtonMail sets the value to 4 for all users! That is too low!

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Family Account

Please change the billing to allow an additional user for "plus" accounts with a maximum of 2 users as to not steal business from the "Pro" sales.

Cost breakdown:

1 user 2 users +$1.75/month
    5 gb shared data saves $3.75/month
    5 addresses shared addresses saves $0.75/month
    1 domain shared domain saves $1.50/month
    $48 annual $65 annual

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow search by both (label AND folder), (label AND label AND label)

Expand search on filters

- allow to search a label and a folder
    - allow to search a label and/or a label and/or a label
    - allow to search (a label and/or a label) and a folder

Then I can look for different aspects of the same directory.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add a feature to return your password only with ID with selfi with date

First of all add a feature to verify my email with documents.
    Then a feature to recover my email only with documents.

to make it impossible for anyone to hack any email and even if it get hacked I can recover it easily

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. how about an automatic spell and grammar check when sending e-mails

how about an automatic spell and grammar check when sending e-mails

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. keyboard

Keyboard Command to View Keyboard Shortcuts
    For those of us who try not to touch the mouse, a command (e.g., Ctl + ?) to access the list of Keyboard Shortcuts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Privacy with google???

Add alternative downloads, we need to check app details for security , impossible only one store ! google have to much malware apps and they never keep privacy, because they selling everything. Minimum is 2 ways(downloads) and details(date, filesize, MD5, ....) on your website.
    Google is the last in the row....i never get some money, for spying, from them!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 建议找回用户名和密码可以用手机号找回

找回用户名和密码可以用手机号找回,而不是仅仅只能用邮箱找回

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Passphrase file to decrypt an external email

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a passphrase file to encrypt and read emails to non-ProtonMail recipients, in a similar fashion to OpenBSD's bioctl (-p option, see https://man.openbsd.org/bioctl and https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq14.html#softraidCrypto for their high-level implementation).

This means that instead of giving a random password to your recipients (which, to my experience, may be tedious and plainly awkward), a ProtonMail user could simply give a passphrase file with a USB drive.

In my humble opinion, this could significantly improve ProtonMail's "Encrypt Messages for Non-ProtonMail Recipients" feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have 2 proton mail account and would like to be able to handle the 2 email once

I have 2 proton mail account, the main is plus, the second no, but I would like to be able to handle the 2 email once.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. [Bridge Linux], knowing we have unread email without launching thunderbird

Is it possible to display an alert when new incoming email on protonmail bridge without having to have thunderbird opened.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Selective notifications by address

I don't like getting notifications for every single email I get, I've used other less secure email addresses to receive routine emails that I don't want notifications for, but of course with the ever growing problem of hacking, I realize that I'm leaving information vulnerable as an attack vector. It would be nice to have notifications for certain ProtonMail addresses, while others are received quietly, yet all available under the same login.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. merge email accounts

I am not sure if this has been mentioned or not?
    Do we have the ability to start moving over our other email accounts to protonmail such as hotmail, google, yahoo, microsoft exchange emails, etc? Be nice to respond to all the emails under one roof without having to either log into them separatley or having to move them all to google?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base