Feedback

How can we improve ProtonMail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I think the encrypted emails are pointless if there are no security measures to access the app on my phone

I think the encrypted emails are pointless if there are no security measures to access the app on my phone especially when it is not shown in encrypted form simple yet overlooked??

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Receive .com or .ch mail in the same box OR bounce with a helpful message

When I signed up, I was given the choice of a .COM or .CH. I chose .CH.

Because it seems that the .COM version of my username is permanently unavailable to anybody (including me), I think it would be helpful to either:

1. Direct all incoming .COM and .CH mail with the same username to the user's mailbox, regardless of which one they originally chose, or . . .

2. Bounce any email sent to the .COM address with a helpful message saying (in my case), "The user's address ends in .CH."

Alternatively, don't make users choose .COM or .CH…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to limit the number of failed mailbox logins

If the number is reached, a security mechanism gets activated. For example the mailbox gets erased, or a message is sent to the owner.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. the receiver has to enter a password to view the mail. this password may be generated by protonmail.com as per the request of the subscriber

the receiver has to enter a password to view the mail. this password may be generated by protonmail.com as per the request of the subscriber

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable use through iPhone's mail app like Gmail and others. Also, show when a new email has arrived in the Protonmail App for iPhone.

Currently, I am unable to connect my Protonmail account on my iPhone, the incoming and outgoing address are not available. Also, I have downloaded the new Protonmail App, which is great, but when I receive a new email it does not show on the app like Gmail and other. There is currently no way to know you have a new email without opening the app first.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Retrieve emails from other accounts

Hi

That would be great to implement fetchmail in order to retrieve emails from other account through POP3 or IMAP. That would ease migration a lot.

Maxime

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to be able to drag and drop emails from protonmail to desktop time management programs. Is this feature available? I could not

I would like to be able to drag and drop emails from protonmail to desktop time management programs. Is this feature available? I could not drop and drag when I tried it. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. app on android security

more security for example when you open the android app put a pin to access your mail for more safe so if you lost your phone they need pin to open the app and view messages

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. security suggestion: "personal greeting" between the first and the second password on login

Dear PM, it would be more secure if your login site, AFTER my FIRST password, and BEFORE the second one, shows me a "personal greeting" (like in the mastercard securecode) that I've setted before.
    In this way I could be REALLY SURE that i'm writing my two password on the REAL protonmail site and not to a FAKE one.

In other word, at this moment, could be happen this thing:
    - i'm in hurry and i search on google "protonmail login";
    - google responds to me with a FAKE protonmail site (for example, protonmaiI.com (with two "i" characters, the second…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need to be able to set up auto responder when I travel often. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

When I travel and am out of the office which is frequently, I rely on being able to schedule an auto response message for my incoming email senders. Does this currently exist? If not, please I respectfully request you add this to the top of your "planning" list.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Only custom domain

Hello!
    I no need extra space or email send, but i like to have my domain on your service. if this feature has been available for a fixed amount on a regular basis, just one custom domain and one name and free plan limits, of course with the ability to upgrade to another plan.
    Thanks you!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Paypal als Zahlungsmethode

Leider ist die Zahlung per Kreditkarte in Deutschland etwas spartanisch. Warum wird nicht wenigstens auch Paypal akzeptiert, es wird ja eh schon für Spenden akzeptiert.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Visualize encryption process

Protonmail user experience doesn't "feel" any more secure than any other email provider.

Create the feeling of security by replacing the message body with animated random ascii characters when a user clicks the send button.

Watching their message turning into unreadable encrypted text will create a reward that will make users less likely to give up on proton mail and go back to their old email.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Itshould be possible to find and read won contributions, especially in forum-like environment. Can't find mine.

It should be possible to find and read own contributions, especially in forum-like environment. Can't find mine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Security Accreditation

Hey, have you guys got accreditation for carrying government docs? The UK criminal justice secure mail is really really broken (too many users and may even be insecure http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/03/uk_justice_email_insecure_protocols/)

If you guys were accredited then we, contractors, could send sensitive documents legally using your system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. mohamedkassr

I have my ID: mohamedkassr but I want to change it to mohamed,kassr but I want to receive on both. Where mohamed,kassr is my ID in many things.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. access inbox

so from today on you can't access your inbox. you have a welcome message and tips on how to manage layouts.
    since none of the "close", "next tip" or "finish" button actually do something, you are stuck with tips and can't access your inbox.
    my dream would be to be able to access my inbox like I was yesterday.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bombing password

Adding bombing password if someone signed in with this password all the data inside the mail will archived in special cloud and deleted and the only way to retrieve the deleted data is by interning special diffrent password

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base