Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't log out from the iOS app so often

I have Touch ID enabled, but the app forgets my login credentials so often that I'm always having to enter the password. Touch ID should work for a loooong time. Weeks. Months, even.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi Recipients

I like the old email where when you select an address to send your mail to, you check a box beside that address. I could select as many people as I liked without having to type each individual in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. WP 10 app.

Hi Guys, Still no news about a windows phone 10 app ?. Even the tiniest stores create apps for all three platforms.
    Please take us windows phone users serious !!

Hoping for a quick and satisfactory solution.

Sincerely,

R.Z.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. subaddressing ('+' addressing)

ability to receive mail sent to <user>+tag@protonmail.com, as well as through any other address configured under Protonmail.

This is a standard feature supported by Gmail, Outlook, Exchange, Cyrus, sendmail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address#Sub-addressing

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom Sounds based on EMail Subject

When I receive a certain email, not just new email, with parameters I set. I want to be able to have a Custom Sound (Notification) associated with receiving that particular email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete everything?! Presently, "Trash" sits above "All Mail", a few pixels error and two clicks deletes "All Mail", instead of "Trash".

Keep valid working folders separate from "Trash" logically (disconnect labels) and ergonomically/gui.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. New Button

Add a button 'Best wishes' or "Thank you!" we could click to send a hello/thx msg.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cooperates !

Is it possible that you cooperate with other zero-knowledge cloud compagnies ?

Number of great services such as Tresorit, lastpass, (qwant), protonmail, signal... take care of our privacy but from a user perspective, for example, we have to pay for storage for almost each of this service!

Protonmail + Tresorit could provide the interesting feature to have email backed up on our desktop.Also a unified billing procedure could be great for users.

Each of this service will never cover what a well know giant compagnie does but with some integration works this could be another story, no ?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Authentification through passphrases rather than passwords

Passphrases differ from passwords in the sense that they can contain binary characters. They can be recorded in files containing many more characters than the few human beings are able to memorize, and key in. This option would prevent any type of attack against the protonmail mail service as it is impossible to guess 50, 100 or even more binary octets.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. By letting me fight

May I please help

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a Kindle rather than a generic Android device, it'd be nice if you released the APK on the Amazon market place as well as Google

I have a Kindle rather than a generic Android device, it'd be nice if you released the APK on the Amazon market place and not just Google, alternatively as others have suggested host the APK on your own site - so users could download with confidence that it was genuine and up to date.

Other than that thank you very much for providing an excellent service.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reading password protected mail in plain text/without entering password

Hi, since I'm new to Protonmail, I've tried it a little.
    I noticed the following:
    - I wrote with the iPhone app an encrypted/password-protected mail to my Gmail account.
    - In order to be able to read the mail, I clicked the link in the email in my Gmail in-box
    - On the Protonmail page I entered the correct password.
    - I used the button to respond to the email.
    - I opened the received email with the Proton iPhone app.
    - In the app I pushed the button to answer.
    - In Gmail I could now read the just…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow hiding auto unsubscribe bar for "safe" mailing lists.

On smaller monitors, every vertical centimeter counts. The new auto unsubscribe bar is lovely, but I can't hide it.

I like the idea, but make it so that it is in the dropdown "More" menu rather than placed at the top of every email received through the list. Or at least make it an option to hide it permanently for a given mailing list.

Basically, the number of times I want to unsubscribe from an email list I'm getting messages from is very nearly zero. Something that I will act on so rarely shouldn't be getting prime real estate in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I just logged into paid acct

I had to log out and log back in because I forgot which account I was logged into. So how do I get this started I just paid for 5 accts I think amongst the other safety features and want to make sure their active. Please confirm
    L.S.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add option to save the user agent on the history logs

Please add an option to optionally display and save the user agent used to access protonmail on the logs history

178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. What`s the best app for windows admin password reset?

I forgot my windows password again. The page needs me to input thousands of times but I just forgot. I am aware of the system block me and I need to restore the whole windows. I refer to the wiki how about how to reset/ what to do when I forget windows admin password here: http://www.wikihow.com/Reset-a-Windows-7-Password and http://www.wikihow.com/Access-Your-Computer-if-You-Have-Forgotten-the-Password but even if I reset my admin password successfully I know the same thing will happen again. The main reason is I can not remember password every time and don`t have the [Best Password Keeper](http://www.passwordmanagers.net/Best-Password-Keeper.html) so I have no where…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide an integration to allow a BOT like service to determine where a secure email is routed.

I would like to be able to route Ptoronmail using a bot which may also auto respond to the emails. Are there any integration points to support this type of service?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Check for New Emails only every X minutes

In the mobile app it would be very useful to enable an option to check for new emails only every X minutes to avoid distraction.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like the classic display: all incoming mails only in the input folder, all output mails only in the output folder and no grouping of

I would like the classic display: all incoming mails only in the input folder, all output mails only in the output folder and no grouping of emails, if one responds to emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base