Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The interface in Russian

Good afternoon.
    Add the mail interface Russian language.
    Thank you for understanding!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can I download my private key?

Downloading your public key is an option, but since we can't chose to upload our own let us download the one generated by ProtonMail.

I basically have to have two sets of keys now. One for everyday life, and one specifically for protonmail.
    Which is a major pain on Mobile when I receive an email using the wrong key, and I have to wait until I'm home to read it.

Either let us download the privatekey, or upload our own.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Be a registar

I should be awesome if we can reserve domains with a paid plan.

Currently if I want a ProtonMail account with my own domain name, I need to pay for the PM pro account AND pay a registar for the domain.

These 2 actions could be combined in ProtonMail.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Scrolling email pane toolbar

The toolbar in the email viewing pane should scroll with you, staying where you can see it so you can control an email directly. Currently, you have to scroll back to the top of the email to forward, delete, etc. It would be more convenient, especially in long emails, to have that toolbar scroll with you to make it easier to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Scrolling email pane toolbar

The toolbar in the email viewing pane should scroll with you, staying where you can see it so you can control an email directly. Currently, you have to scroll back to the top of the email to forward, delete, etc. It would be more convenient, especially in long emails, to have that toolbar scroll with you to make it easier to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Quick thought. When viewing email (i have mine set up in verticle view) it would be helpful if the toolbar, in the email viewing pane, stay

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. difficult to read responses to my emails.

when i or one of my respondents respond to an email using proton, it is a bit uncomfortable, since the previous email is not immediately available for reading. eg if i send an email, -how old is jane?-, i may get a response, -17-. without any context, ie without the original question appearing. thus, if there are a few days between question and answer, which is very common, i have been many times perplexed at an answer, in this case -17-, and need to do some extra clicking or cutting and pasting. a friend just complained about this to me…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. $~BG18UBBS80021043147440

123#/0000 / Enter

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 100 Readers at a "Go"

I would like to be able to send my weekly Newsletter, which has 500 Readers, in 5, Groups of 100...which I can already do on Gmail & Hotmail...but only 100 in any 24-hour Period. I had assumed that I could bang them all out in one Day on Protonmail. With only 25 at a Time I won't be able to use Protonmail except to store Copy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. make it where your emal account cannot be opened in two different windows at the same time, or opened from two different computers

when your email can be opened in from two different computers from different ip addresses at the same time means you are working for the government

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Phone/Tablet Encrypted Backup to ProtonMail Servers

Using the existing ProtonMail encryption methodology, create an app to backup an Android or iPhone to ProtonMail servers. Local encryption prior to transport and storage. Open Source. This would be additional revenue for ProtonMail using existing architecture for encryption and storage servers.
    I can't find a backup solution in the market that doesn't involve China, private corporations reading the data before encryption, the ability of third parties to read in transit data; or governments to secretly demand access.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Security - Notifications in iOS

On iOS one can set Notifications to highlight one or more new mail have arrived into inbox. To enhance security, it'd be nice to have an option to turn off the showing of the content and/or subject of the new mail. Only notification that the msg has arrived without any info about its content is requested here, for both Locked Screen and Unlocked Screen notifications.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Push notifications for all messages on mobile

I only receive mobile push notifications for emails that end up in my inbox, not the ones that get filtered and archived into labels right away. Can we get push notifications for all emails we receive?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Feature Plan

Compliments for your secure mail service! Regarding security features I believe you are way ahead with 2FA, mail storage encryption, and mail encryption. Only security feature which comes to my mind currently which is worthwhile to consider is digital signatures. But I would first focus now on the following functional features, which I would need to completely switch to ProtonMail:
    1) Add common fields to Contacts, e.g. address, mobile, e-mail, etc.. This so all contact info on smartphone can be stored with ProtonMail via IMAP.
    2) Calendar function, same motivation as 1).
    3) Ability to sync Notes on smartphone via…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Is there a version of protonmail without the horrible "coversations" mode that groups emails. Everybody I know hates it.

Is there a version of protonmail without the horrible "coversations" mode that groups emails. Everybody I know hates it. I will not move beyond the free email offering until this is changed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How can I delete an account completely?

I want to delete my account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Onesafe

Integration already exists for 4 password managers.
    Please consider adding OneSafe.
    If reluctant or unable, please explain.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add ability to empty TRASH folder from within any other folder

After deleting a message from the SENT folder the message is not removed from the folder (I hate that behavior). However, given the behavior, I would like to have an EMPTY TRASH option available regardless of which folder I am in.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base