Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't leak username in mobile app

Security of the mobile app could be improved by:

(a) Not remembering the login name after the user logs out (or making this optional).

(b) Not including the user's login name in push notifications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Focus on URL field when inserting link

I insert many links in my messages and 2 unnecessary things are slowing this repeated task:

1) When I have already selected a text string to which I want to assign the link and click "Insert link" the "Text to display" field has focus in the "Insert link" box. But I bet only tiny minority of users want to edit the text in this stage, most would like to paste the URL, but they need to make another click.

My request is the URL field ("Link or Email") to have the initial focus when inserting a link so users are…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Un mode famille

Bonjour,
    Je serai particulièrement intéressé par un mode de type famille, j'explique : avoir deux ou trois adresses totalement indépendante mais payer avec le même compte. Exemple 1 pour madame, 1 pour monsieur et une pour le gamin ... ! Comme proposé sur outlook via office 360.
    Dans ce cas je paye ! ;-)
    et si en plus l'application sur téléphone est en français ! Alors la ! le bonheur
    Bonne journée et bravo pour le boulot
    (je vais quand même passer a la version payante ;-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show emails feed as discussion

As seen in gmail, it would be great to be able to see related emails as a discussion rather than going from "received" to "sent" to follow the discussion. Easy and simple !

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Email icon atop open message

Presently there is a Delete icon above the list of new messages. When I open a new message, and after reading it, want to remove it, I have to select the Delete icon over the list of new messages to do so. Why can't there also be a Delete icon above every opened message to make removal slightly less cumbersome?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Additional email addresses cannot be used to log in to your account

I'm using Protonmail Plus. Really like it so far, but am surprised that I can log in to my account using any of my additional email addresses. The main benefit of having additional email addresses to me is, using different ones for different uses. If I don't want to give out my main email address for whatever reason, I can use a different one which I treat as a throwaway. I still see all emails sent to this address, and don't have to deal with creating a new account. What I'd like to see is that these additional email addresses…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. <script>alert(1);</script>

"><script>alert(/XSSfound/);</script>

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allocating/Moving of labels into flders

For those who have just been using labels for a while, or those who have by mistake allocated a label to the wrong folder. It would make life a lot easier if it were possible to move a label and it's related emails into a folder via a drop-down combo box.

Say by selecting a label->right click->Select move to folder->Pick the desired folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Burning One-Time Messages for Deniability and Security

ProtonMail offers message expiration and end-to-end encryption.

It would be a great security improvement to add message burning.

This means that a message will de destroyed as soon as it was read/accessed, which brings deniability since, the message can be viewed only once.

Besides, other services offer such feature, such as https://privatebin.net/ and Telegram.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mesh network integration

NoInternetAccessRequired like as said FT: "next version the internet" in https://www.opengarden.com/ or https://www.hypelabs.io/

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatically filter deleted emails from labelled email lists

When emails are deleted from the Inbox they are immediately removed from the list of emails shown on screen. It would be useful to have an option for the same thing to happen when viewing labelled emails.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I like a financial planer like inside uptothesky.com

A encrypted financial planer would be great

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Export email messages in csv format

As long as I know, there is a planned export functionality for email messages. I haven't seen anything about the target format.
    One useful option is just label the fields existing in any email and export them in CSV (comma separated value) format. It is easy to develop, it is the simplest format and it will allow us to load old emails in a personal database, spreadsheet, etc.
    Attachments can be saved as they come (for example pdf) with an identifier to link them to the email wich they came from.Again this is the simplest option, allowing for the maximum…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Run the OTP service.

Proton Mail is still at risk.
    Especially for mobile apps, if you only include a 4-digit numeric password, your app will be unlocked.
    So Proton mail should start OTP service, but I would like to suggest that you do not operate it in the existing way but do it in another way.
    I will show you the Steve mobile app from Valve Corporation as an example.
    Valve has built-in OTP service in Steam Mobile App, and every time you log in to your computer, you need to enter the OTP number embedded in the mobile app so you can login…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Download public key in Safari

If I try to download my public key in Safari, it won't let me and says "Safari doesn't support downloading of keys."

This is frustrating and poor user experience. If Safari truly cannot download a key (isn't a key just a text file?) then perhaps the key could be stored in a zip file, or something else that Safari can download. Or just display the key on the webpage and let me copy and paste it from there.

Surely there must be a solution more elegant than blocking the user from using the feature entirely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Electronic one time pads for 2FA codes, produced and sold to users by ProtonMail. No outside communication necessary.

Credit sized cards which produce a number for 2FA only once. My bank sells them for U.S. $11.00. The fee is one time only, and the pad can produce unique codes recognizable by the seller of the cards. (somehow)
    ProtonMail can winkle that, no? ; - P

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in