Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alt + N Hotkey To Compose New E-Mail

Be able to compose a new message with the Alt + N hotkey.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Non-Java dependent, text-base version

Guess you know Java can become compromised; I learned to stay away from it as much as possible.

Google had their "classic" email that was text based & non-java dependent. The reason? Faster, CLI or text-based terminal access for embedded system (SoC) units and more. I don't care for 'gui' or 'colors', just functionality. ~Art Johnson - Firmware Engineer.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message parsing to detect links, email adresses and other data and make them clickable.

Most email providers and clients (such as GMail and Thunderbird) parse text-only messages and create easy links, so that you can click them without copying whole lines and pasting to address bar.

Usually when creating message you just paste a link without using HTML, it would be nice if ProtonMail recipient could just click it. Now he needs to drag text, copy and paste it.

Text selection is especially difficult on mobile.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. An upgrade button for my Apple iPhone 6S Plus phone

I can't upgrade to Proton plus with my Apple phone. There is no dashboard like in the "how to upgrade" section

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Emoji replace Star

Please could you allow for emoji to substitute the star icon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When viewing emails through the All filter, items...

When viewing emails through the All filter, emails in the sent folder are only shown as being in the sent folder and do show the folder that they have been moved to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. preview pane

"Preview on bottom" - IBM Lotus Notes.
    "Horizontal Split" - Gmail.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Lilac protonmail app icon. not grey.

You made it lilac like the protonmail standout color. then back grey. Is dull not serious.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. move sent mail _(like inbox mail)

If is it possible, I want the same management for "inbox" and "send" . for example I want the possibility to move send mail in another directory.

PS: Thanks for all, thanks also for your work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can I change the mail screen so that the list of emails and the open mail are collapsed into one pane?

I do not need to use 75% of the screen to view menu items I am not using. Can we a resize or remove menu panes or collapse the list of emails into the open email window like a column of vertical tabs?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. h

hi, I would very much like to take part of your beta project. however, since I became ill with bone cancer (osteosarcoma) and bed ridden, I can no more work as an attorney, hence no possibility to pay, however small and fair amount. in any case, i'm very grateful for your service. regards, elamar.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove upgrade button from the navigation. We are not primitive monkeys that do not have sense of privacy price.

No need for explaination. It hurts to see Upgrade button every time and makes me angry. We know that it cost money. Everybody knows it. Let us choose where we want it to see.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Always show CC line

It would be helpful if the CC line were always visible in the app (instead of having to click the (+) button to display it).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve privacy on the mobile App by clearing the username when logout!

The mobile app is great but the privacy would be improved if when we logout from the app the "username" was also cleared from cache memory so that it no more appear as a default choice on the "User login" screen!

Indeed after a logout on the Android mobile App v1.5.9, we have the last username appearing, which can be very embarrassing! This behavior occurs even if we request a "clear cache" in the "Setting/LocalCacheManager" menu.

Thanks for all the work already done :)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Paranoic mode

Allow to delete private key from server (need to be uploaded on every login).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hide Email Address From Recipient (To)

It would be great if you could develop an option to randomize or hide your email address when you want to send an anonymous email. This adds an extra layer of security when you want to send an anonymous message.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Newly arrived messages almost identical to old ones

Newly arrived messages almost identical to old ones, in terms of used font, and just barely distinguishable. I suggested red color via bug report feature. It was ignored.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would appreciate somewhere a listing of accessibility tips for folks with low vision.

I find the web font readable and love the fact that ProtonMail does not get totally screwed up if I enlarge the screen (ctrl+). If you've ever had to "reset" your browser due to uneven enlargement, you know what I am talking about! I am surprised that there is no "help" category called "accessibility." That said, maybe those of us affected could compile of list of tips and tricks we found useful. I personally just discovered keyboard shortcuts are turned on by default. This explains why emails disappear into thin air. Save yourself a headache and go turn that off!…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base