Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Study wickr.com and copy their best practices and features...

Study wickr.com and copy their best practices and features...e.g. timed message destruction, secure shredder, block list, auto lock, friend finder...etc

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maybe this is silly but i'm not terribly computer savy : being able to use Proton w/ Apple Mail !?

Sorry i'm not terribly computer savy but i'd like to be able to use Proton w/ Apple Mail !?
    Yes in one hand it defeats the safety/privacy encryption brings but.. it would make my life SO much easier !
    Is it terribly stupid or actually doable ?
    Many thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a "Request Feature" text link in the browser UI next to "Report Bug."

If you make it easy to report a bug, make it easy to request new features from within the ProtonMail web interface.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To slow to login in, need a faster way to use it

I wish you didn't have to login in to a website to use this service. I would use it more if I could access it direct from my iPhone mail account set up.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. After composing, send mail by just hitting the sequence <Tab>,<Enter>

During text composition the Tab key allows users to move from one field to another (To:, From:, Subject:, Body). Currently it takes 6 Tab keystrokes for moving from the message body to the Send key. If only one Tab was necessary, emails would be much quicker to send.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. deactivation should be possible

well i would like to deactivate this account so i can close many others asocieated with this account. this way i can start a new proton mail account in this ones place. i can't even get rid of my faceb book account properly if i cannot start a new with my email

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Improve ProtonMail Blog Security (Currently C Rating)

Hi,

Please improve the SSL Cert for the ProtonMail Blog.

See rating: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=blog.protonmail.ch

Please use TLS 1.2 with Forward Secrecy. And drop the weak keys.

Thanks,

Will

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Include recipient read status indicator on encrypted mails in SENT folder

For copies of outgoing self-expiring encrypted e-mails that are in the sender's SENT folder, it would be useful to have a "READ" flag in the e-mail which will allow the sender of the encrypted e-mail to determine if the recipient has successfully decrypted and opened the e-mail at least once. This flag could be visible in the e-mail header pane of Proton Mail web mail so that the sender could check at a glance which encrypted e-mail has been opened / decrypted successfully, by simply glancing at the e-mail header pane of PM web mail.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Its good but you should focus an maintaining smooth and fast UI and ease of acces by having strong Protection and making app for Proton Mail

Its good but you should focus an maintaining smooth and fast UI and ease of acces by having strong Protection and making app for Proton Mail. LOVE YOU PROTON MAIL !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integration of different accounts (and different servers)

Being able checking and sending emails from my protonmail, gmail, and (gmail based) academic or office mail accounts, for example, would be awesome, and would also guarantee more people using this service

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Save message in Sent folder?-Checkbox

I do not want everything I send to clutter my Sent folder.

Even better: A "Save to Sent? Yes | No" option button which is able to override general Settings (that is, when the option to save or not to save is included in the general settings).

Even better: A sunset option: Delete this message after 30 / 90 / 360 days. (But for this better support the older proposition in https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/7158414-scheduling-emails-in-your-inbox-to-be-deleted-afte)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Si vous voulez plus de clients

Pour rendre attentif les gens qui vont recevoir un mail a travers protonmail et du fait drainer des futurs clients, expliquer en bref dans "signature" ce que c'est pour inciter les gens d'aller sur votre page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. HTML composition mode requires CREATE LINK function

Proton Mail's web mail composition window's HTML mode currently CANNOT create an e-mail with URL links because while in HTML mode, there's no CREATE LINK function in the editor's toolbar. What would be smarter is that the editor should AUTOMATICALLY detect URL links (which may have prefixes such as HTTP or HTTPS, etc) and AUTOMATICALLY create URL links in the HTML page.

Currently there's no way to create clickable links in HTML mode mail composition and the user must switch to plain text mode. However, under many circumstances (such as replying to an e-mail) other than composition a new e-mail…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Single page application

It looks like protonmail is reloading a page on every transition unlike some other web clients, which makes it seem slower. This is probably good for compatibility, but it would be nice to see it as a single page application one day, with old interface as an option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. An App for mobiles sorely needed in this day and age

An App for mobiles sorely needed in this day and age

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add possibility to close sessions

There should be an option to see from where you were logged in your mail and you can be able to unlogin all the other sessions.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base