Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hoovering over delete and archive buttons in subject line.

Show delete and archive button in the subject line when hoovering over. Like in Gmail..

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Eliminate the boomerang effect of sending to a google group list

If sending to a group list, e.g a Googlegroup, whether an original e-mail or a reply to a thread, it would be great if it didn't ricochet back into the senders inbox as an incoming message. It's already in the Sent folder, and it could just be added to the thread of correspondence without being a new unread e-mail.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Comment Spam

What on Earth is it with all the comment spam? I'm looking at some of the posts with tons of comments - and most of them are very blatant spambot posts. "I await your reply, visit xyz.com". C'mon, ProtonMail, weed out that junk, please.
    It looks bad on you, like you don't read your own forums. And for a security minded company, allowing potentially malware links in your comment sections is, frankly, pretty baffling.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Proton Page that Shows a Proper Encrypted Connection like Mullvad VPN

A Proton web page that shows a proper encrypted connection free of DNS and WebRTC leaks and no blacklisting of the IP similar to Mullvad VPN page: Am I Mullvad ?

https://am.i.mullvad.net/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Define your USP (unique Selling Point) in relation to Apple, Google and others in regards to security and privacy.

Please explain from a commercial point (not technical point) what make protonmail different than apple, google and others in regards to email. explain security and privacy and most importantly Examples where government agencies and Apple are in dispute etc... and where protonmail has been asked by various governments and what has been the results on privacy and security.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Filter on label within folder

Implementing the Gmail equivalent of in:<foldername> label:<labelname> would be great!

On top of making search much easier and more flexible, I believe this feature will also help people who are currently missing sub-folder/sub-label functionalities. So 2 for the price of 1!

Some more specs:

• In the current beta version (ProtonMail v4.0.0-beta8) folders and label are treated the same way in search: in:<foldername> and in:<labelname>. Although they are defined differently: "Multiple labels can be applied to a single message, but a message can only be in a single folder."

• I believe in Gmail the proposed syntax above…
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow new users of ProtonMail to send a 1-off emal to all their contacts (>100) to tell them their email address has changed.

Allow a new user of Protonmail to send a 1-off email to all their contacts (> 100o) to tell them of the change of email address.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Recovery email

I am an instagram user with a 10k account @plugmood. I use proton email all the time and I’ve referred you to several other of my friends with pages over 100k and they use the email also. Theirs a lot of deals people do that involve trading accounts and they give their password to their email. But a lot of times we get scammed and are unable to pull back the account because they remove the recovery email. So I think their should be a feature that has a separate code to acess the recovery email. So only the person…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Search Function for whole content please

Searching does only include Name an Email. No Organisation can be searched. There should be a possibility to search in all fields of contacts and Emails.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add SSL/STARTTLS support to the Bridge

Currently some of the e-mail client, such as Spark for Mac OS does not support unencrypted IMAP/SMTP connections. Adding SSL-enabled port would fix the issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve documentation

This is not an app feature request, but rather a request to modify the documentation page "Easy steps to improve your Internet privacy". I like the page, but I think you should expand the section on password managers. To be useful, a password manager should keep its information in a cloud-based encrypted file. Then, if your device is stolen or broken, the information, which might be hundreds of pieces of data, will still exist to be made available on your new device. For this I recommend:
    1) Get a free account on Dropbox or similar service to store the encrypted…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the web login work with a slow connection

I have the Professional plan. The ProtonMail web application does not start on slow connection. Recently my fast internet went out for a prolonged period, and I had to revert to dialup (56k). The PM login page does not complete, it seems to time out. It shows the animation, but traffic drops to zero after a couple of minutes. The ProtonMail Bridge, however, does work on dial up. It's obviously slow, but functional. Only the web login does not work on 56k, and it would be nice to have that fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to have my sent/ trash empty everything older than "x" number of days

Ability to have my sent/ trash box delete anything older than say 30 days or 60 days or a year.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SuperUser Sn00zzZ tuners

Magically delicious tongue twisters to sniff out code cruisers & stack abusers. Focusing on more secure user interfaces to help strengthen network securites & consistently build more reliable information exchanges and translation prioritizationthat will allow for a more fluid use of collaboration and localization determination queries. And because my inner child and artist gets bored easily, my evil genius roboskunk has the purple portal page handler creatively designed scratch and sniff poll tolls to direct users to their code colored number mapper scraper station for easier cleaner clean up and directives

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dreams  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Postbox for Mac to settings / instructions

I use Postbox for Mac. By far the best email app I ever used.
    Faster as mail and not as stupid with cache etc.
    You could add it your your instructions.
    It is so easy - essentially Postbox discovers all settings automatically. All one needs to do is to use the Bridge Password (This should be instructed more clearly). That's all ;-)
    Jacob

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Release an address from my previous account which is no longer active.

I used to have a different (free) account, but decided to create a new paid account. I have since found out I cannot transfer a mail adress from old account to new account. This unfortunate since I really need it. How to solve this???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Main counter for incoming email

It could be a good idea to have a "main" counter for the new incoming emails, in the main bar on the top. The filtered emails have counter but are sometime hidden, and it happens we forget to check them...

Yves

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. While logged in at Protonmail, password change option

While logged in at Protonmail, password option to change it on the fly should be available.

The growing sophistication of attackers is increasing using the most advance systems to sniff passwords and data at real time especially we are using wifi.

An option to change password on the fly should be available to allow a layer of security to the accounts.

AP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base