ProtonMail

1. Why do you have two sidebars on the right hand side of the compose email window?

Why do you have two sidebars on the right hand side of the compose email window? - it's unnecessary & obstructive.

It wastes a lot of time switching from one to the other.
    Otherwise your interface is very 'clean' and quick and easy to use.

Please just put in one sidebar on the right.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the Compose of new email the To field should get input focus automatically.

In the Compose of new email the To field should get input focus automatically, so users could type in recipient(s) immediately.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Any way to make work with Local Email client

Any way to make work with Local Email client

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove support for old security standards

Time to time we observe attacks basing on downgrading protocol (POODLE) or cipher (FREAK).

I would recommend dropping support for old standards (TLS v1.0, non-FS ciphers suites) to stay secure even when new downgrade-type attacks appear.

Setup should be verified using Qualys SSL test or similar tool.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Simple Non-Technical paper how and what to expect to see and use proton

Simple Non-Technical paper how and what to expect to see and use proton, I more or less understand the technical but NON-GEEKS (even I ) need an EASY to FIND diagram WITH Examples on what to expect and how it works with screenshots for BOTH sender AND receiver. Such as explaining Ecript for outside users. o BOTH have to be on the cloud and logged into Proton to use??

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Take stable coins as crypto, BTC technically creates taxable transaction in US.

Take stable coins as crypto, BTC technically creates taxable transaction for US citizens. USDC and XCHF (Swiss Francs) would be good choices. Some folks will complain about gas on Ethereum network, but those are on their way down.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Increment the current 20 secs max time for undo send feature

I think the current max time for the "undo send" feature is too short, it would be nice to be able to optionally increase it to 30 or 40 seconds.

Regards

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remember selected messages after entering 1 message and removing it

In gmail if you want to cleanup your mail you can select few messages, enter another one (to decide if you want it removed or not), delete it and then you are taken back to messages list with other messages still selected.
    When I tried to do same thing in proton all messages were deselected. Please add "memory" of selected messages after performing operation on single message in preview menu.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Calendrier couleur

J'utilise le Calendrier Proton depuis quelques mois. J'adore. J'ai transféré mon calendrier de Google à Proton. Il y a un aspect du Calendrier Google que je ne retrouve pas sur Calendrier Proton, ce sont les couleurs. J'avais l'habitude d'utiliser des couleurs pour distinguer sur le calendrier : mes loisirs (jaune), mes cours à l'université (orange), mes tâches familiales (vert), mes rendez-vous importants (rouge).

Pensez-vous possible d'offrir cette option prochainement ?

Respectusement,

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please Make PM Left Folder Column Collapsible

Please Make PM Left Folder Column Collapsible. It takes up far too much space.

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Contact setting to include which e-mail address to use for e-mail to that address

I frequently forget to use the same e-mail address when sending an e-mail. It would be useful to be able to select a default address for each contact address. It could be initially set using the first address.

Also, I like the use of the aliases (example+123@pm.me) to help sort incoming e-mail. If the default address could include the alias, if any, that would be a plus.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Select all

A ‘select all’ button to delete all emails in a folder or inbox.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New ProtonMail UI too distracting

I am a Protonmail Plus user playing with the new beta expierenice and wanted to provide some feedback. I didnt see anywhere else to provide it so hopefully this is the correct place.

I find the new UI incredibly distracting:

• My eyes immediately go to the giant Welcome screen on the right instead of my email list, the reason i am there.
    • The initials in the checkboxes for each item is also a distraction, it is just adding noise and making it difficult to focus on the subject. It was also not intuitive that they are checkboxes
    • lastly, a personal…
    0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve the formating capabilities of composition

I moved to Protonmail from Outlook and I like it very much except for the very basic formatting of new messages. It is just little more that text message formatting.

A lot of effort seems to be applied to more technical improvements (not knocking them back) but I think that proper formatting, at least at the level of competitions, would make Protonmail more attractive to more people.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I sure miss the Keyboard shortcuts

Any idea if or when the Keyboard shortcuts will be back, I sure miss these?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Contacts Birthday field format

The Birthday field in the contacts manager seems very restrictive. It only accepts typed dates in the format %E %b, %Y (e.g. 18 Jan, 2021). The data entry field is extremely inflexible when typing dates. For example, typing the full month name will result in the field being rejected and not saved. This could definitely use some more robust date parsing and should allow other date formats to be input. When I try to save a bad date, silently rejecting it is the wrong move because I have to reenter edit mode and re-input the entire date instead of simply…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove sender's initials on messages in Dark Mode.

Having the sender's initials next to messages is REALLY distracting. Having an option to turn it off would make Dark Mode perfect.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base