ProtonMail

1. Folders are always collapsed

Normally I want all folders to be collars to save screen real estate. But if I change to settings and come back to the mail tab all folders are expanded. I would like to have the settings saved-

Thanks and have a nice time

Thomas

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow 'search message content' for all paid plans

For the unaware, Protonmail's encryption means search works by searching a local index. If you're not on a Visionary or Lifetime plan, this search only works for titles, not message content:
    https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/search-message-content/

For Visionary and Lifetime users, they can also download an index of their message content.

My request, or feedback, or question, is why isn't this available for all plans? Or at least all paid plans.

From a technical point of view, I can't see any problems:
    - I'm already paying for the storage
    - I'm already paying for the data egress
    - The data belongs to me
    -…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back old contacts app.

The old contacts app was a perfect way to focus just on your contacts. However it is gone now and we are forced to use a smaller interface with limited information.

Please bring it back! Also make a template csv file we can download to follow so we can upload contacts.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why does the Android ProtonMail app need Google Play Services? That defeats the whole purpose of privacy.

That defeats the whole purpose of privacy. Plenty of apps work fine without Google Play Services.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. An Idea: If a mail belongs to a defined category or is from a specific sender, add an option to auto forward it to another e-mail address

An Idea: If a mail belongs to a defined category or is from a specific sender, add an option to auto forward it to another e-mail address

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How to write a philosophy essay.

So, the goal is clearer than ever - to write papersowl reviews. The unfortunate teacher, who dared to ask it, would read it with his mouth open, and after reading it with tears of amazement and delight in his eyes, would put a five in his credit with a trembling hand.

What do we have? We have the Author, an open document in Word, and the goal, a distant but no less beautiful A. The Author, of course, has the Internet, and there are plenty of essays like this on the Internet. The question arises: why not download it? I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More contrast between new and read emails in Android app

New emails in the inbox are almost indistinguishable from read emails. I would like the color to be much darker so it's clear.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Let me see all my contacts in a full window, not just the popup from the mail interface

I just switched over to the new ProtonMail and I think the Contacts interface changed? I don't see a way to see all my contacts in a main window (like Google contacts). Rather, when I click Contacts, a small window opens. I want to be able to scroll through more easily to find someone if I can't think of their name. I want to be able to more easily select people to add to a group. etc. Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Increase protonMail limit to atleast 1GB from 500MB

Please increase protonMail limit to atleast 1GB from 500MB for free user.
    It is a request, as I wish to close all my other email accounts and completely want to switch ProtonMail.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add option to send auto-reply only to people saved in Contacts

Instead of sending an auto-reply to any and every email coming in, it would be nice to have the option to only send the reply to people that are saved in the Contacts.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Send secure message in the user language

When i send a secure email protected by password (and limited in time) the mail is sent with english message :
    "You have received a secure message"
    "From"
    "Link expires on"
    "View message" ...

It would be perfect to send this message with the user language of protonmail. If my user language is "French", then the email is send in french.

Thanks a lot.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have contacts as a seperate page, not as a drop down

Having to open a drop down menu is annoying when you have lots of contacts. The old way of having a separate page was much more user friendly, or even better, simply provide both options.

For quick access: drop down menu
    For improved usability: separate page

Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the forward/reply option at the bottom of each email. And/or add a "back to the top" link"

Add the forward/reply option at the bottom of each email. And/or add a "back to the top" link" It's frustrating to have to scroll up long emails to forward/reply.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. dismiss undo send

Add a close icon to the the green notification (that pops up right over the "move to" & "label as" icon) that dismisses this notification.
    Then if the notification is present - the message can be dismissed & email labeled/moved with the mouse.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Become compliant with data protection legislation.

In my opinion, the current account creation mechanic lacks a consent request for marketing.
    The mechanic also fails to provide a method to decline marketing at the time data is collected. (Soft opt in)

ProtonMail fails to gain a lawful basis for marketing, yet immediately upon creation of an account, individuals receive 2 emails that contain marketing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please bring back colored folders.

Colored folders helps me to quickly find which folder I am looking for when moving emails to a folder.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Delete Permanently" button in All Mail

Until the recent upgrade, one could delete emails permanently from the All Mail view. Since the upgrade, it appears you can only delete permanently from the Trash. I would like to have this feature back so I don't have to first move emails from the inbox to the trash before I delete them.

Thank you,

Loren White

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Let user choose to cover or not proton email in daily notification

I have 2 proton emails, which are the same with different number at the end. I get daily notification that my email s*****@protonmail.com got an email, which tells me exactly nothing as I can't tell my 2 emails apart. I have to login to both anyway. Please enable an option to not cover whole email in notification or display last symbol before "@" too.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ISO 22301 Certification in Philippines | ISO Certification body

ISO 22301 – Business Continuity Management System will guide an Organization on how best to plan for such incidents/risks. ISO 22301 Certification in Philippines | Short Audit and Reports | certificate in record time | Simple-Transparent | Contact:enquiry@iascertification.com. Call @ +6531591803 or visit our blog https://iasiso-asia.com/PH/iso-22301-certification-in-philippines/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Android App Persistent Selections

In the Android app, when I select multiple emails, if I mark them as read, I have to reselect them to archive them. Typically I will mark messages read before I archive them, it would be nice to not have to reselect them to perform both operations.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base