ProtonMail

1. Ability to add Address #2 line in Contacts

When creating a contact and adding address information could we get an option to add a second Address Line to add SUITE or APT information?

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Check diamonds for quality

Tell me, should all diamonds be checked for quality and where can this be done?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. remember read/unread filter settings/show unread first

It would be useful for the web app to remember the all/unread/read filter settings for the inbox. Currently, if you navigate away from the inbox and return, the filter resets to 'all'. I like a default setting of 'show unread'.
    A more advanced sort filter would be useful too: Show unread first (then show everything else).
    And oh please, for the love of all that is holy and good, add these basic settings to the iOS app (and android if it's not there already). Seriously - these requests have been around for YEARS!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow us to have whatever spec compliant local-part for custom domain email addresses

when trying to set the local-part for my custom domain email address to "~"
    I get this error message:

"Only alphanumerics, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed in the local part of the email address, and it must begin and end with alphanumerics." all I can say is why?

"it must begin and end with alphanumerics."
    this is so arbitrary! it's an email address' local-part not a username..

for many years, I have always used ~@myna.me as my email address, before and after I self-hosted my email, I use it for all of my online accounts and and all of…

1,141 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide or delete All folder

How can I delete or hide All folder?
    Never seen such a folder that can contains any mail, I deleted 350 mails thinking that I was deleting just all those mails in that folder, to my surprise I delete everything!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ProtonDrive folders, not just files, should be shareable

The "share link" button is grayed out when trying share an entire folder from ProtonDrive with someone, disallowing sharing an entire folder.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Different passwords for mail, vpn, and drive

If I am to use ProtonMail, ProtonVPN, and ProtonDrive on a number of devices, it seems to me that having all of these secured by a single passphrase is an unacceptable risk. Having the option to secure each of these with a different password would be a significant improvement. Indeed, without this, I think I will be very reluctant to use all of these and rely upon them.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open an attached image document using an external image viewer

I would like to have the option to NOT automatically have attached image documents (e.g., XYZ.jpg) open within ProtonMail but instead, be able to open attached image documents using an external image viewer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to Disable new login system

Please give us the option to opt out of the new login system that keep you permanently logged in even if you close the browser. I know people requested it but for me and I am sure many others it is just a security risk

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. WebDav support?

I'd like to know if WEBDAV is available through protonmail and if so:

A) How do I configure it (what are the settings)?

--and if not:

B) Would you be willing to implement it?

I desire to sync my password manager using WebDav and I only trust Proton Mail as my cloud provider for such sensitive data handling in the cloud.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Independent Desktop App

Please Create a desktop that does not use proton bridge, because I need premium, which kinda sucks. When I try to get notifications, I find that I have to keep my browser running in the background, which uses up my computers internet connection for other things.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it possible for protonmail users to whitelist an email address

I received a very important email that was marked as:

"This email has failed its domain's authentication requirements. It may be spoofed or improperly forwarded!"

Yet this email was very important to me. So why can I not whitelist it? I cannot find a feature where I can whitelist an email address.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability To Scale Signature Images

Currently, it appears we are unable to adjust the size of images in our signature. If we use an image, it appears full-scale in our signature. Could we add the ability to re-scale an image in our signatures?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Autocomplete for email addresses you've never entered is a disaster

Tacking a list of common domain names onto the end of whatever you are typing is extremely misleading and has caused me to send sensitive emails to wrong addresses. This is the stupidest "feature" you could possibly think of.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hide count in archive on Desktop

When I archive an email, I don't intend to read it, so having the bubble with the count is distracting.

It would be nice if the archive, spam, and trash items didn't show counts. There are other suggestions for spam and trash, but I had this come up with archive.

As an example, I have an email chain with a bunch of generated notifications from a service. I want to keep the link that was sent in the email, but it keeps sending me messages with the same link, so I don't read them as they come in, I just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete or modify tags

Simply, I can't find how to modify or delete tags I create in Protonmail app.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove the autocomplete for 'To' emails for people outside of my contacts.

When I start typing a name it tries to autocomplete based on common top level domains...this is completely not wanted as it suggests random email addresses that could easily cause confusion.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Print feature

The old version had a dropdown menu where I could choose to print an email. I can't find it in the new version. Please add that feature back in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For security's sake, do not leave me logged in for anyone, anywhere to have easy access! Also, where do I log out?

I WANT TO LOG IN EVERY TIME, THEN LOG OUT. This is a serious personal security concern for me. May I please have the old protonmail back?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please allow us to remove the large cartoon picture of the mail box

Please allow us the option of removing the large cartoon picture of the mail box in middle of our inbox. Its very visually distracting.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base