ProtonMail

1. Tiny suggestion

Hi Proton -- LOVE the service -- this is just a tiny suggestion, but it might be a bit of a challenge to implement. In the general InBox display, the list of conversations are identified by the sender of the last message in the thread. This, (of course) is frequently ME. This gives no hint of WHO the conversation is with. It would be a lot more helpful to me to always see the name of the other party there, regardless of who spoke last. Thanks! -- JJBolt.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let me see all my contacts in a full window, not just the popup from the mail interface

I just switched over to the new ProtonMail and I think the Contacts interface changed? I don't see a way to see all my contacts in a main window (like Google contacts). Rather, when I click Contacts, a small window opens. I want to be able to scroll through more easily to find someone if I can't think of their name. I want to be able to more easily select people to add to a group. etc. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto logout on closing browser window

This feature already exists in the old Protonmail,
    When I logged out, the session was ended, too.
    This was possible to change in the security settings.
    The feature seems to be forgotten to be implemented in the new Protonmail.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the sieve editor bigger

Hello ProtonMail team,

Can you please make the Sieve Editor Window a bit bigger. It is a bit frustration to see the code of a Sieve Filter in such a small window

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Non-bold for message preview in inbox list.

It's very jarring having all of the text in the inbox column being bold and the same size in both sections. Having the message previews underneath the recipient to be non-bold would be a lot easier on the eyes and brain.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Pay attention to requests for larger font

It seems people have been asking for a larger font for a few years now. Please heed the call for a larger font. This is ridiculous!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please make it possible to personalise the tool bar or at least put the PRINT icon on it.

It is a real nuisance to have to go into "more" every time an email needs printing, please put it in the tool bar.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Keep "select" button empty

Please keep the "select" button empty in Protonmail - next to each conversation (instead of initials). For people with dislexia, it's very helpful as it allows color-code.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add labels via keyboard without clicking "Add Label"

Powering through email and labelling (tagging) quickly is easier with all keyboard driven actions. Currently it seems to add a new label to apply to an email I have to type the new label, see it doesn't exist, then click the Add Label button. Much better would be to allow 'Return' to create and apply the new label and return focus to the label filter so I could quickly add multiple labels.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A dedicated contacs view is missing

With the new ProtonMail there is no dedicated contacts-page. If one contact has been selected an maybe edited, going back closes the pop-out-window completely. If you like to view or edit other contacts you have to re-open an re-search your contacts.

A dedicated contacts page is missing and would be appreciated.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Split the options for sent and drafts

Split the option for sent-email and drafts to remain in that section if a mail was moved. I'd like to have sent-email remaining in the sent-folder when a mail or conversation was moved, but for drafts I have no need to have those remaining in the drafts-folder after sending them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disable no subject warning

80% of the emails I send are to friends and I don't add subject lines. It would be nice to be able to disable the "no subject" warning. It would be nicer to be able to disable the warning on a per-address basis so that the warning is still active for my business email but not my personal email.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. please change the default font to Verdana or Tahoma or other easy to read font - the numbers in Arial are far more frequently mis-read

In vision tests the numbers 6, 9, 8, 3 are more frequently confused in fonts like Arial than in fonts like Verdana, Tahoma, Times, etc. where these numbers are more distinct. This is especially important for people with less than perfect vision.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Log into multiple email addresses at once on new Protonmail!

Hello, on old.protonmail.com you are able to log into one email address on one tab, and sign into another email account on a different tab as many times as you want. However, with the new protonmail update you are unable to do this because it signs into the same protonmail account across all tabs. This effectively forces you to use the "switch account" button every time you want to quickly view another email address.

If you constantly have your email inbox(s) open to immediately receive alerts, this is an issue because you can only have one inbox open at a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I cannot click on and see the complete e-mail as a page

I cannot click on and see the complete e-mail as a page, with the new version. Honestly that alone is enough to make me move my business elsewhere if I am only able to choose to see my e-mails in small windows.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Email font preference setting - can't use 'new' PM that shows smaller font

i've found no option yet with 'appearance' settings to increase the Font Size. this is not disability accessible, full stop. if enabling size adjustment isn't yet possible, you must at least change the new version's base size back to the one the 'old' version uses, which is more readable. till then, many of us will have to stay with 'old' PM, simply for readability needs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Too much blank space (vertically) between entries in inbox.

Your "new easy-to-use ProtonMail" is worse to view than it was yesterday before the change.Too much blank vertical space in inbox entries.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Autohide Spam

The Spam filter works well, particularly with the blacklist feature. However, I seem to get over 50% spam and don't really want to see it clutter my All Mail view (I have multiple mailboxes to filter various needs). Can all mail that goes to Spam be hidden from this view?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. See all message labels at the same time without having to hover the mouse

Since there is no full text search, we rely heavily on labels. It is a usability disaster it we cannot see them all at the same time. In the old interface, I was able to achieve this effect using custom CSS styles. Please.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to see message labels *before* the message subject

It was possible to achieve this effect with the old interface by adding custom CSS styles. It's a real pain. Please.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base