ProtonMail

1. Contacts Birthday field format

The Birthday field in the contacts manager seems very restrictive. It only accepts typed dates in the format %E %b, %Y (e.g. 18 Jan, 2021). The data entry field is extremely inflexible when typing dates. For example, typing the full month name will result in the field being rejected and not saved. This could definitely use some more robust date parsing and should allow other date formats to be input. When I try to save a bad date, silently rejecting it is the wrong move because I have to reenter edit mode and re-input the entire date instead of simply…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about a ProtonMail private messaging app?

Whatsapp users are migrating en masse to Signal, which I’ve been using for awhile. Yasha Levine posted a warning a few days ago that Signal was/is secretly funded by the U.S. government. This is very disturbing if true. So..... I would love for Protonmail to develop a private messaging app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile app more user friendly/colors stand out more

I recently switched over from gmail to protonmail and although i like the platform when used on my laptop, I really dont care for the mobile version on my cell. I find it to be very difficult to tell which emails were read and which were not, they do not stand out at all, as the only differentiation is a slightly grey color. Can we have a better mobile view, where you can easily see which emails have been read and add some color coding that actually stands out and makes it more user friendly and more visually appealing as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The complete package

I would like a complete security package with all 5 proton applications (mail, contacts, VPN, calendar, and drive) for my iPhone. I would switch all my needs to this most highly secure integrated app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am not sure how to make it better. We should communicate by email.

6 digit passcode as a double protection and layer of security . That is excellent idea. On my two devices I will have an encrypted messenger app to communicate from the Android to the tablet and back and forth. All I need is a simple phone number like an email on both devices and it will pair up fine and then my tablet will make everything invisible with a switch. Basically it's just two. 9.0 Androids. The tablet will be a hotspot or like a modem to produce Wi-Fi for my Android. I have unlimited data no phone calls on…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ProtonDrive .ARW photo thumbnail support

When I upload a .ARW photo to ProtonDrive it currently says: "No preview available". Please implement this so I can use ProtonDrive to store my raw photos

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. E-mail Fingerprint or ID in each sent e-mail

For security reasons, I would like in each sent e-mail from my account at the end of every written e-mail instead of a disclaimer should be my own e-mail fingerprint or ID.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Next Page in ProtonMail

Hello,

Right now, in ProtonMail web version, the next page in the inbox is only at the bottom of the page. Can we please have it on top of the inbox so we don't have to scroll down every time we have to move on to the next page?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Chat or phone support desk option

I am having an issue where MULTIPLE people do not receive my emails. They appear in my SENT folder but never arrive at the destination. When I contact the support desk, I get an email from them asking me to respond with more information. But, when I respond, THE PROTONMAIL SUPPORT DESK DOES NOT RECEIVE MY EMAILS.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

If I can't email you to find a resolution ... and email is the ONLY way to reach you, how am I ever supposed to get the issue resolved?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Invite button / reference program

Why is there no invite button.
    With all the chaos going on stateside my father, brother, and best friend are interested in leaving all the big tech companies they can. I wanted to invite them to ProtonMail but couldn't find a simple invite button. Yeah, it's not necessary, but it's something simple and I'm surprised it's not there. Unless I just couldn't find it... that's would be a design issue.

A related idea would be a reference program. I don't know... 100MB per reference? I've got three people to reference right now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add auto-delete-date

I often get an email informing me about, e.g. a package that's on its way, which I'd like to keep for another week or so, but then I'd delete it. It would be handy if upon reading the email (or it going through a filter), I could set an auto-delete-date or auto-archive-date for that particular email, so I don't have to touch it twice.

For this, any date in the email body should be clickable, or at least I should be able to quickly copy paste a date in any format into the proposed auto-delete-date box.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Converting my Draft on Compose into an email was DISALLOWED as the word limit exceeded 255. I find this rather strange. ABOUT a fortnight

Converting my Draft into an Email yesterday 17/01/21 was DISALLOWED as my draft limit was more than 255 words.I found this rather strange. About a fortnight ago my Draft with more words went through. Google has no such limit

Please create a Protonmail Icon in the Task Bar.

Please have a SIgn Out feature before closing the system

I requested for Use of My Debt Card to pay my monthly subscription of US 5$. I don't want to use my Credit Card

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. be able to delete a label

be able to delete a label

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sound attached to notifications

An alert sound attached to new mail notifications

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show Attached Files on top of the email and not at the bottom

If we get attached files after a few back and forth in an email chain, it takes forever to scroll down to where we can click to download the attached files. They should just show up on top of the email instead of at the bottom.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. an icon or color change to know if our browser is logged on or using the VPN

I don't know how to email about Protonvpn. this is about VPN notification. One vpn changed the bar a different color so you knew you were connected or using it. In Protonmail you get a little triangle in the upper left hand corner. In Protonvpn I don't know whether I am using it or not and if I need to log in again to activate it. This is important to me so I know whether I am protected or not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Passwords

Once I am in the account I should be able to change the password especially if I am in it. I set up my email and the password I thought I put in did not let me in. Now I can’t get in it I don’t have a back up email and it doesn’t have an option to recognize my phone and send a text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be of great use if you could send an email when the subscription is about to renew.

i got a call on a Sunday, from my bank by someone with limited American language skills asking if I had authorized a charge to my credit card in Switzerland. I told them no and they cancelled the payment and my card. Had I had a heads up, and not been woken from sleep I could have saved us both trouble.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. ability to export calendar entries as spreadsheet

I could use a spreadsheet exported from the calendar: start and end date and time, title, all day flag, location, notification, description

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)