ProtonMail

1. YubiKey? Ever? No? Hello?

The dedicated Protonmail community deserves a real response from the crack team of Protonmail scientists and engineers. When are you implementing Yubikey or are is your tag line just bs?

"We are scientists, engineers, and developers drawn together by a shared vision of protecting civil liberties online. This is why we created ProtonMail, an easy to use secure email service with built-in end-to-end encryption and state of the art security features. Our goal is to build an internet that respects privacy and is secure against cyberattacks.

We are committed to developing and widely distributing the tools necessary to protect your…

4,564 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    232 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "All Mail" should not show contents from "Trash" folder.

"All Mail" should not show contents from the "Trash" folder.

From a users perspective, showing emails from "Trash" will create a lot of usability issue while clearing the "Inbox"

139 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proton Calendar for iOS

I would love to have a Proton calendar app for iOS to work with the mail app.

161 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have multiple ProtonMail addresses and would like to view them separately.

Separate email addresses are for separate things so it would be helpful to just click an email address from the menu and see only those emails sent to that specific ProtonMail address.

99 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use system setting for light/dark mode

The ProtonMail theme should be able to automatically switch to light/dark based on if the system theme is light/dark.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding XHV (The Haven Protocol) cryptocurrency as a payment method

The Haven Protocol is a 100% privacy-focused cryptocurrency.

Alongside it's private native token (XHV), the Haven Protocol have created the world's first private stablecoin, xUSD.

On 12th April, 4 more 'xAssets' will be released: xEUR, xCNY, xGOLD and xSILVER.

Switching from XHV to any of the listed xAssets is done within the unbroken privacy of your vault (wallet) and can be transacted between one another and elsewhere.

This will allow privacy-focused crypto users to subscribe to/renew their Protonmail subscriptions in a variety of 100% private currencies.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow users to NOT choose a default sending address.

This should be very easy. On the page https://mail.protonmail.com/account, near the bottom is a section titled "Address Priority." Whichever address is dragged to the top becomes the default sender address. Simply add an extra but invalid email "address" to the list, with a name something like "No Default." If the user drags "No Default" to the top of the list, then he will be required to manually choose which address to send from.

I feel like this is a very important feature for the actual physical security of some members who may be emailing messages, from politically repressive areas,…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hold shift to select multiple emails

Hey guys! I love the new look. Just one gripe- I can no longer hold down shift to select (and delete) multiple messages at once! Maybe this is a feature that exists that I have to turn on? Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enhance Composing functions

There should be a few more composing features such as 1) more robust font selection; 2) indent feature; 3) spell check feature. These are things that are available in any basic email program. Also, the ability to color/highlight text, embed images, and emoticons would be desirable as well.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dark Mode for Emails (not just the UI)

When setting dark mode in Protonmail, White email backgrounds look weird. The dark themes can be more consistent with dark email backgrounds.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Programmer l'envoi d'un mail

Comme sur Gmail et d'autres messagerie, il serait bien de rajouter la possibilité de programmer la date et l'heure d'envoie d'un mail

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Disabling the Persistent Login Feature

The forced persistent login is a terrible feature for people who are concerned about privacy and security.
    It goes against the motto of providing privacy and security by default, and seems like protonmail is prioritizing convenience over security.

Please allow users to disable persistent login.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Restore the auto-logout feature (make it optional)

Up until recently all I had to do to log out was close the browser tab/window or the browser itself. Now, Protonmail keeps me logged in even after I close the browser. I would like the option of having it work the old way.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ProtonMail Linux Bridge with headless server support

It would be very useful to be able to configure the Protonmail bridge through the terminal so that it can be integrated into other systems such as Nextcloud

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mark All As Read for Entire Mailbox

This needs to happen please

I'm sick of looking at 14,900 unread email notification on iphone that I can't do anything about!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Alphabetically Sort Subfolders Too

I love being able to alphabetically sort folders ...but the omission of the same for sub-folders is seriously annoying. - Please extend folder sorting so it applies to ALL folders, including sub-folders, and not simply the parent!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Proton Tasks

Add a feature to Proton Calendar that mimics the Google Tasks integration in Google Calendar. I want to be able to replace using Google services, have moved my email and drive usage to other services, including Proton, but I can't stop using Google Calendar, due to being able to easily drag and drop tasks from my task list into specific slots of time on the calendar. If I could do this in Proton Calendar, I would cease to be a Google customer.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Contacts List window

The Contact list used to open up in a large window when I clicked on it. Now, it is a small window within the e-mail window. When I go in to edit a contact, once I have updated it and saved the updated information, I am kicked out of the Contacts list. I have to open the window again and start scrolling down the list to get back to where I was when editing / updating / deleting contacts. Please fix it so that the list opens in its own full screen window.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to Disable new login system

Please give us the option to opt out of the new login system that keep you permanently logged in even if you close the browser. I know people requested it but for me and I am sure many others it is just a security risk

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How Can You Suppress Your Complications With Cash App Account Number?

If you are one of those Cash App users who are suffering from any complications while sending or receiving money from your Cash app account, you should simply make a call at Cash app Account Number through which you will be able to handle your hurdles permanently and conveniently within a fraction of seconds.

https://www.techjaadu.com/blog/how-do-you-find-your-cash-app-account-number/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 118 119
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base