ProtonMail

1. Virtual Phone Number by Proton

It would be nice to have a app from Proton which gives a virtual phone number. (Like Google Voice)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dark Mode for Emails (not just the UI)

When setting dark mode in Protonmail, White email backgrounds look weird. The dark themes can be more consistent with dark email backgrounds.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to NOT choose a default sending address.

This should be very easy. On the page https://mail.protonmail.com/account, near the bottom is a section titled "Address Priority." Whichever address is dragged to the top becomes the default sender address. Simply add an extra but invalid email "address" to the list, with a name something like "No Default." If the user drags "No Default" to the top of the list, then he will be required to manually choose which address to send from.

I feel like this is a very important feature for the actual physical security of some members who may be emailing messages, from politically repressive areas,…

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enhance Composing functions

There should be a few more composing features such as 1) more robust font selection; 2) indent feature; 3) spell check feature. These are things that are available in any basic email program. Also, the ability to color/highlight text, embed images, and emoticons would be desirable as well.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A Dedicated Desktop App

Instead of using the bridge which might prove to be a little bit of a hassle for new users, a ProtonMail Desktop App would be more convenient for users and allow ProtonMail to have more room for expansion through the use of the desktop app. ProtonMail Desktop App would be very convenient for checking your mail on the internet without the need for opening a new tab in your browser and maybe could run in your system tray to allow for notifications and alerts for when you receive emails/chats.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically import .ics events attached to Proton Mail to Proton Calendar

As described in the title, it would be great to automatically import an event attached to a mail (.ics) to Proton Calendar without having to download and manually import it.
    Moreover, I would like to automatically answer to the invite.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. device integration for Proton Drive

Already i'm loving Proton Drive but want to be able to use it from my network folder on my laptop rather than log into a web portal. I also want to be able to access those files from my mobile.

Any plans to be able to sync from laptops?

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Snooze Feature

For those of us who strive to maintain "Inbox Zero" status, a snooze feature is vital. Any chance this can be added to the queue?

45 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Proton Cloud Storage

How about a cloud storage system, like Google Drive, but without Google and fully encrypted? I would love to have that and for my having the VPN, Mail and Cloud Storage all from the same company would make everything easier. Also, have you thought about making a Mail + VPN plan?

211 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support for custom IMAP headers (e.g. "X-Keywords") for tagging messages

I use mu4e in Emacs and I use the tagging feature. For example, if I tag a message as "holiday" then mu4e adds a new header to the message like so: "X-Keywords: holiday". I also use mbsync to sync my local maildirs with remote IMAP servers and I use ProtonMail Bridge to handle this with my PM account.

This all works fine with other mail servers. If I set the tag as above then the next time mbsync syncs the message it will have the appropriate "X-Keywords" header on the remote server. However with ProtonMail Bridge, the header seems to…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. proton mail attachments integration with proton drive

Provide an easy drop down option in proton mail that lets me save the attachment in my mail message to one of my folders on my proton drive. Currently I have to download the attachment to my computer and unzip it and then upload it to proton drive.

it would be better If I could mouse over the attachment and instead of downloading it, save it directly to my proton drive folder of my choice. At a minimum, it could save it to my proton drive to an "incoming from mail" folder for me to move to the correct folder…

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delete mail in x days/weeks/months

It would be great to have an option allowing to program the deletion of a mail after a certain period of time.

For instance, I receive a confirmation mail for an appointment with a link to cancel it, I can say "delete this message in 6 weeks" (i.e. after said appointment).

This would help to keep our mailboxes clean. At least a single option like "delete this mail in 3 months" would do the job.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ProtonMail Linux Bridge with headless server support

It would be very useful to be able to configure the Protonmail bridge through the terminal so that it can be integrated into other systems such as Nextcloud

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide some default folders (e.g. drafts, spam...) from the sidebar

I would like to have an option to hide some of the default folders from the side bar and put them under a "more" drop-down menu or something similar. And an option to re-order default folders would be nice as well.

Secondly, most of the time I don't want to see messages I've deleted, in the "All mail" folder. A toggle to show and hide trashed emails would be great.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add colour shading for event in Proton Calendar

Excited to leave Google Calendar because it isn't truly private. (We all know google snoops through it - their kickback for providing a free calendar) The only thing so far that i've noticed missing is ability to shade events. Eg. I want all my items under different categories with names of my choosing to be coloured in different colours. I.e. all finance related entries in pink, recreational in blue, custody schedule in grey. etc.

If this is already in the pipe so to speak when is its eta?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Disabling the Persistent Login Feature

The forced persistent login is a terrible feature for people who are concerned about privacy and security.
    It goes against the motto of providing privacy and security by default, and seems like protonmail is prioritizing convenience over security.

Please allow users to disable persistent login.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Log-In via Ledger or MetaMask or other Crypto Wallets?

Users of Bitcoin, Ethereum / DeFi and other cryptocurrencies routinely use secure wallets to link to sites we engage with to make investments, payments and other transactions. We 'Sign-in' with our Public Key via our secure wallet as we "Connect" to the site, which is persistent across the whole site. The site then sends a message back to our wallet which we Review and Sign, validating with our Private Key that we ARE the authorized user of this wallet address. When we approve or "Sign" a message, our Private Key proves our identity incontrovertibly and we are then able to…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. App to sync Outlook Calendar and ProtonCalendar

Hi - Love your service. Is there an app that I can put on my phone to sync my work calendar (Outlook) and personal calendar (ProtonCalendar)? Thanks !!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. timezone

Setting timezone instead of taking it from system.
    I think there is a real privacy issue of including the system timezone on emails for webmail (please help us understand if this is not the case).

Could this please be based on the timezone the user-specifies (or default to system/browser if none is specified).

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ProtonCalendar External Calendar access and isolation

Your calendar drives essential daily activities. Being aware that a goal of ProtonCalendar is to ensure privacy and security of your daily activities. It would be great to have the option to add external calendars to my ProtonCalendar that are synced to separate services like a work calendar coming from a Microsoft 365 email account, but maintain calendar isolation (external and internal i.e. ProtonCalendar) so to maintain privacy and state.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base