ProtonMail

1. Delete mail in x days/weeks/months

It would be great to have an option allowing to program the deletion of a mail after a certain period of time.

For instance, I receive a confirmation mail for an appointment with a link to cancel it, I can say "delete this message in 6 weeks" (i.e. after said appointment).

This would help to keep our mailboxes clean. At least a single option like "delete this mail in 3 months" would do the job.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proton Cloud Storage

How about a cloud storage system, like Google Drive, but without Google and fully encrypted? I would love to have that and for my having the VPN, Mail and Cloud Storage all from the same company would make everything easier. Also, have you thought about making a Mail + VPN plan?

214 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1. Add search function to calendar

Calendar would be much more useful if you were able to search for a specific event.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Log-In via Ledger or MetaMask or other Crypto Wallets?

Users of Bitcoin, Ethereum / DeFi and other cryptocurrencies routinely use secure wallets to link to sites we engage with to make investments, payments and other transactions. We 'Sign-in' with our Public Key via our secure wallet as we "Connect" to the site, which is persistent across the whole site. The site then sends a message back to our wallet which we Review and Sign, validating with our Private Key that we ARE the authorized user of this wallet address. When we approve or "Sign" a message, our Private Key proves our identity incontrovertibly and we are then able to…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. App to sync Outlook Calendar and ProtonCalendar

Hi - Love your service. Is there an app that I can put on my phone to sync my work calendar (Outlook) and personal calendar (ProtonCalendar)? Thanks !!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ProtonCalendar External Calendar access and isolation

Your calendar drives essential daily activities. Being aware that a goal of ProtonCalendar is to ensure privacy and security of your daily activities. It would be great to have the option to add external calendars to my ProtonCalendar that are synced to separate services like a work calendar coming from a Microsoft 365 email account, but maintain calendar isolation (external and internal i.e. ProtonCalendar) so to maintain privacy and state.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Support for custom IMAP headers (e.g. "X-Keywords") for tagging messages

I use mu4e in Emacs and I use the tagging feature. For example, if I tag a message as "holiday" then mu4e adds a new header to the message like so: "X-Keywords: holiday". I also use mbsync to sync my local maildirs with remote IMAP servers and I use ProtonMail Bridge to handle this with my PM account.

This all works fine with other mail servers. If I set the tag as above then the next time mbsync syncs the message it will have the appropriate "X-Keywords" header on the remote server. However with ProtonMail Bridge, the header seems to…

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hide some default folders (e.g. drafts, spam...) from the sidebar

I would like to have an option to hide some of the default folders from the side bar and put them under a "more" drop-down menu or something similar. And an option to re-order default folders would be nice as well.

Secondly, most of the time I don't want to see messages I've deleted, in the "All mail" folder. A toggle to show and hide trashed emails would be great.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to change the column width for the Inbox layout.

The Column Layout for Inbox currently has two panes apart from the leftmost sidebar. The size of the panes cannot be modified.

It would be great if users were able to drag the margin left or right to change the size of the panes. This would help users customize the layout to their comfort.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ProtonMail Linux Bridge with headless server support

It would be very useful to be able to configure the Protonmail bridge through the terminal so that it can be integrated into other systems such as Nextcloud

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mark All As Read for Entire Mailbox

This needs to happen please

I'm sick of looking at 14,900 unread email notification on iphone that I can't do anything about!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alphabetically Sort Subfolders Too

I love being able to alphabetically sort folders ...but the omission of the same for sub-folders is seriously annoying. - Please extend folder sorting so it applies to ALL folders, including sub-folders, and not simply the parent!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More themes, and themes on the app please

Add more themes and put the possibility to choose a theme on the application please

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Proton Tasks

Add a feature to Proton Calendar that mimics the Google Tasks integration in Google Calendar. I want to be able to replace using Google services, have moved my email and drive usage to other services, including Proton, but I can't stop using Google Calendar, due to being able to easily drag and drop tasks from my task list into specific slots of time on the calendar. If I could do this in Proton Calendar, I would cease to be a Google customer.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. timezone

Setting timezone instead of taking it from system.
    I think there is a real privacy issue of including the system timezone on emails for webmail (please help us understand if this is not the case).

Could this please be based on the timezone the user-specifies (or default to system/browser if none is specified).

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Contacts List window

The Contact list used to open up in a large window when I clicked on it. Now, it is a small window within the e-mail window. When I go in to edit a contact, once I have updated it and saved the updated information, I am kicked out of the Contacts list. I have to open the window again and start scrolling down the list to get back to where I was when editing / updating / deleting contacts. Please fix it so that the list opens in its own full screen window.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to Disable new login system

Please give us the option to opt out of the new login system that keep you permanently logged in even if you close the browser. I know people requested it but for me and I am sure many others it is just a security risk

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base