ProtonMail

1. Message viewing pane

A separate pane within the browser to view the email contents, with a narrower pane on the left to view the list of emails.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expiration Dates of up to 365 days

I'd be grateful if you could modify the expiration period to allow us to set emails to expire up to 1 year after they are sent. The current 30 days is just too short for my needs.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set a temporary three-day two-try Pin/Password for quick log in with anti hacking protection

I love ProtonMail, I wish to use it a bit everyday however while I love the security of two passwords and auto log out. For a everyday needs, I think ProtonMail should offer (optional and non-default) a temporary password system that allows users to log in quickly.

I am no technical quirker but I can offer a few ideas. Just top of my head, a pin system , you are right. It's nasty and short but if it were user made, with two tries only and expires every three day or login. It would still be secure, this could be…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Indiegogo 2nd Round

Your last Indiegogo campaign looks to have been very successful! You should consider running another one to help increase account storage.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Russian language

I would like to use ProtonMail on Russian, as many other people from this region. Also I can help with translation.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. UNIX based application

As proton mail user and administrator on RED HAT, Fedora and Debian I am sure as hell my customers would welcome proton mail that supports UNIX operating systems. I think that most of Linux users are already signed on wait list or are already in, as myself.
    Linux users will make large portion of your customers, because if some one is concerned with security he can't really use Microsoft or Apple based operating system.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. new acct - can't log on - slows to 50 bytes/2 minutes

new acct - can't log on - slows to 50 bytes/2 minutes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically set emails to outsiders as encrypted if the encryption key has been entered

Sometimes when I go set the encryption key, I enter the key but forget to press set. It would be illogical for somebody to open the encryption tab, enter the encryption key, and not encrypt their email. Automatically encrypting the email after the keys match would prevent a lot of grief from compromised data.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the bat integration with all secure

integration with e-mail client the bat! with really secure all connections, all time, all way...

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add link to "Support ProtonMail and Get Instant Access!" to your "ProtonMail Confirmation" e-mail

Right now, after you fill in the invitation form, you are being proposed with possibility to chip some money for additional perks; this for can no longer be accessed after you close the page.

Requesting financial compensation for your service is completely fine and pricing is quite awesome, the problem is that you may catch people without card on them at the moment (e.g. I sit here at my cubicle, and have like 40USD in local currency in cache.)
    In such case you are not even able to copy URL to form as it is POST king of form.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. what is the current wait time for a new account to be established? (former Safe-mail.net customer)

I am curious as to how long it takes to establish a new account? I could not find a way to communicate with Protonmail. I am a former paid customer of Safe-mail.net)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Back to protonmail.ch site. We do not live in Switzerland, but we do not live in USA as well. World is different, internet should be too.

World need no more .com sites. COM – is for commercial, ProtonMail was not created for that purpose.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Info about new mail to the mobile e-mail

When a new mail is received, then send e-mail to other e-mail (e.g. "mobile email"); info only, not sensitive informations.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add langauges to choose when sending out an encrypted email notification

It would be useful and very simple as far as I know to add the possiblity to choose the language of the outcoing encrypted email (you have received a secure message....).
    I sometimes send emails to people whose English is not very good so it would be nice if people can receive the notification in their own language.
    I have seen this in other secure email services

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show all the email headers when you select view raw

Gmail allows me to see email headers/meta-data like Received, X-Received, Received-SPF, DKIM-Signature etc. This is useful esp when I have a doubt about sender and email origin details. Also useful to detect spams. Request to add this to View Raw option instead of just showing message body.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Donations in BTC Nubits or cash via mail

C'mon guys , asking for CC just vanish the whole purpose of this website , I don't need an anonymous e-mail if I have to provide an all bunch of data in order to have it . BTC or Cash via Mail or Nubits

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. multiple select items with messages inthe browser om mobile phone please

multiple select items with messages inthe browser om mobile phone please

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. More Labels!!!

More Labels!!! I LOVE this function but I have MAXED out, LOL. I am getting so damn organized!! LOVE IT.. Can I buy more or make a donation to get more?

How about secure web hosting?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. By becoming more like google

You guys can become more like google once you guys have enough donations because then you can help put privacy first by refusing to sell information to advertisers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base