Skip to content

Proton Mail

1003 results found

1. Right Click / Context Menu to copy email links on web / desktop

When I'm about to click a link in an email I often copy it in to the browser I want, or hoverer it to check for phishing links. This isn't possible in ProtonMail Web or Mac.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Forward newsletters through sieve filter

There is currently no way to forward newsletters.

I have been a fastmail user and just forwarded every newsletter to Omnivore and automatically deleted the emails afterwards. As some prefer to send out emails instead of providing an rss feed, this had been a great option!

Why can't I do this in Proton? Sieve filters (which are needed to detect if an email is a newsletter) won't allow forwarding.. ("tag where string expected near :copy")

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Local storage for desktop app

Having the ability to also store messages locally in folders using a standard file format would be helpful. As a current Mozilla Thunderbird user, I store messages both on the Proton servers and locally for archive purposes. Being able to create folders in either locations with simple transferring between them would bring me much closer to no longer needing Thunderbird.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Multiple Inboxes

The only feature that keep me on gmail vs. protonmail is the multiple inbox organization (not related to different addresses - underlying for a new post). The creation of multiple inboxes is extremely powerful to implement "Getting things done"-like methodology (ex.: https://dansilvestre.com/gtd-gmail/) and improve significantly my productivity.
    I am looking forward for this feature in Protonmail.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Dynamic taskbar icon when recieve new email in desktop app

When the desktop app is minimised, I would like to see a change to the icon in the taskbar when new e-mails are received. The new mail count would be preferred but any indication of new e-mail would be better then it is currently

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Better screenreader support

I am blind and use a screen reader. There is many buttons in the mail web app and IOS app that have no labels. This is simple carelessness. Proton says it wants to make security available for everyone, so why not make accessible design part of your development process so people using assistive technology can use it too.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When applying a new labels, sort by most recent

When viewing an email and then clicking the "Label as" button: Please sort the labels by usage: most used at the top!

Example of the current situation:
    The first label I ever created is at the top, but that doesn't mean that I need it all the time. It was for a vacation years ago, so it would make sense to have that far at the bottom. I would prefer having the labels that I used most recently at the top, because maybe I want to label a bunch of mails with the same label.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. DMARC monitoring dashboard for aggregation and forensics data

I would like to see a reporting dashboard like dmarcian.com inside Proton Mail, so that I do not have to expose statistics and even PII related to my email behavior with 3rd party systems. I would like Proton to allow me to configure a Proton-owned email address in the rua and ruf DMARC DNS record fields.

The main reason is that forensics reports (RUF) contain personal identifyable information (PII). But also the aggregate reports (RUA) contain aggregated information which exposes to which email servers I have been sending email.

Currently my options are:
    1. No RUA or RUF entries in…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Double-Click to Open Email in New Window

Hi There Team,

I have been using Microsoft Office 365, and one feature that I find particularly convenient is the ability to open an email in a new window simply by double-clicking on it. This functionality allows for a seamless and efficient email management experience. Now, as I transition to using ProtonMail webmail, I am curious to know if a similar feature can be implemented.

I want to emphasise that I enjoy using ProtonMail and, at this time, I do not wish to integrate my ProtonMail account with Microsoft Office 365. Instead, I am specifically interested in exploring the possibility…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When creating an offline email on mobile, allow to 'save as draft' 'send when online' or 'delete'

Creating a new email when offline (mobile device) can only be ended by 'Send' button. The email then is stored in the 'Draft' folder but in 'sending' mode. A user cannot alter or delete this email.

Solution idea:
    When offline and creating an email, replace the send-'arrow' by a 3dot-menu with three options:
    Safe in Draft
    Send when online
    Delete

Additional option:
    If selected 'Send', still provide the option to stop the send-process or at least make the deletion of such an email possible in the draft folder.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Display receiver alias in BCC mails

When receiving BCC-only email to an alias, the alias is not displayed in the TO field of the Web UI. Instead it just says "Undisclosed Recipients".
    I can see the alias in the Headers.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Snooze email keyboard shortcut

Can we please get a keyboard shortcut for the snooze option? It could default to later today or tomorrow, or open up a menu where you could select a time using arrow keys (just a thought).

I got really used to snoozing unimportant emails to deal with them later, especially when I can't decide whether it's actionable or not.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Central desktop app for all Proton features (Mail, Drive, VPN, Calendar)

Modular design & parallel developement to Proton Bridge for other desktop E-Mail-Clients

393 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  New feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Disable or delay tooltips

The current Tooltip feature should have an option to either completely disable it, or to set a delay before the tooltip pops up.

Currently, when I select emails to delete and then move my cursor up towards the Delete button, this tooltip pops up INSTANTLY when my mouse touches the box to select all, blocking access to the Delete button.

So I regularly have to move past the tooltip and wait for it to go away before I can click delete. This introduces "lag" in the action of selecting and deleting emails, something done on a frequent basis.

If you…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Single interface for all linked accounts

As a user I want to have an ability to view my multiple inboxes in a single interface.
    Currently I have to navigate to another page, switch accounts and then only view 1 inbox of that chosen account. This is very inconvenient.

Also, I have a paid subscription but only 1 inbox sees that. Other linked accounts appear like they're on a free plan and are constantly suggesting to upgrade. This is irrelevant and simply annoying. Link between my acounts needs to be esablished and they should share the attributes.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Encrypted mail with alias and answer / forward.

Unless I am mistaken when we send an encrypted email the final recipients will be able to see our true email on the web page showing the email even if we use an alias. Similarly when we answer or forward our encrypted email no encryption will be apply by deafult.
    It is a real pity that we cannot (i) hide our true email with alioas and (ii) answer that will will not accidently forward/answer an initially encrypted email in clear.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. filter rules to block sender while moving to spam

As an expansion on https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-proton-mail/suggestions/32770000-block-sender

There is currently no way to concurrently block users while moving to spam folder. Being able to have filter rules to both move and block a sender is important - especially valuable when pairing with a catch-all address.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow permanent light or dark mode view for Proton Mail iOS

I would like a feature to permantly view an email from a sender in either light or dark mode and not depend on the app theme.

I noticed that you can view the message permanently in light mode by setting the app theme to light mode, but I would rather there be an option for see emails from a certain sender in either light or dark mode even if the app theme is set to dark or light mode.

Although, I like that there is an option to view the email in light mode but it sometimes gets annoying to…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Restore Label Location to Right and Shape

Please move labels in the Inbox or List views back to the right; they are and should be secondary to the subject. Users want to see Subjects first. NOT labels. Also please revert the rectangular labels back to the pill-shaped (rounded rectangle) labels. Rectangles take up a LOT of visual emphasis and distract from the more important aspects of the UI (subject, date, etc.), adding to cognitive strain. You've made a lot of UI changes recently and you should allow users to revert some of these extreme, random, and unnecessary changes.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow us to search our existing aliases when sending an email out

Right now, if you have a huge amount of aliases for different reasons, you cannot search them to find the one you're after. I have one that I use for sending emails for my accounting side business, one for all house related things, one for all family related things, etc. Many many aliases/addresses. Please let us search for those!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?