Skip to content

Proton Drive

94 results found

1. When uploading a large number of files, don't upload files already present

Specifically for the android app. When you upload a number of files, some of those files may fail to upload properly. When you upload a 2nd time, it may be difficult to see which files failed on the first try. The app should see if there are files to upload and ask what to do. Always overwrite would upload everything whether to was there in the protondrive or not. Never overwrite would only upload files not already on protondrive. Only upload changed files would only upload files that weren't already there, or if already there, did not match in terms…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Programming: No spaces in Proton Drive Desktop sync path ("My files" folder cannot be renamed)

The root "My files" sync directory where all files reside under contains a space which is problematic for development reasons.

Currently I have "D:\ProtonDrive\My files\Coding..." and this isn't ideal because it makes dealing with development files tedious in some cases. If "My files" could be renamed to without spaces, this would resolve the issue. The folder cannot be renamed due to Windows permissions (and doing so would probably break things anyway).

A symbolic link with a spaceless name (e.g. "MyFiles") cannot be created to work around this, again due to permissions (access denied).

Please allow us to rename the "My…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Do not download "other computers" files by default

During a second installation of ProtonDrive software on a laptop, I had to re-download dozens of gigabytes from the first desktop PC.

I wish this could have been deactivated, I would have just retrieved a file or two from the web interface if necessary.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show total size of folders (both online and in app)

Calculate and display the total size of a folder and all files within, both online and in the sync app.

Currently you can only see the size of the folder if you downloaded all folder contents to your device. Otherwise it reports the system folder size of 0kb.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Cancelled" tab in upload pop-up of the Webapp interface

It would be really great to have a "Cancelled" tab when uploading files to Proton Drive. Let me explain.
    Currently, when uploading files (especially if it is a very large number of files) you get a small pop-up showing you the progress of your upload.

The pop-up has four (4) tabs:
    1) All
    2) Active
    3) Completed
    4) Failed

CONTEXT:
    However, let's say you were uploading a very large folder (e.g., 30-50GB) which included thousands of files. For some reason, the upload was interrupted and did not finish completely. When you try to re-upload the large folder, most people will…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Invalid drive types

Please allow the location for Proton Drives local storage to be set to a mounted VeraCrypt container. This will give offline local storage for immediate file access while waiting for the new sync to occur.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Access synced computer data while using mobile app

The idea is to have access to my pc's synced documents and folders anywere, but now days it is only possible through a web browser, it would be great to have access to pc's synced data in my smartphone app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve context menu with Proton icons

The right-click menu already exists. It has options for "Always keep on device" and "Free up space". Neither of these options make it clear they come from ProtonDrive. Add a small icon to the left of the option title as many other programs do so users can associate the action with the corresponding program.

https://i.imgur.com/rkZz1V3.png

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Alter documents in Drive without downloading, altering, and re-uploading/replacing

I would like to be able to interact with and alter/edit documents inside the drive. It is cumbersome to make a simple edit to a document by having to download, alter elsewhere, and then upload and delete the older version.

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add exclusions for trash folders

Please add an ability to exclude certain folders from having deleted files landing in trash. We should be able to mark certain folders as excluded, where if they're deleted, they're deleted for good.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Missing file replacement dialog in proton drive app

Proton Drive Android App is missing the file replacement dialog. Whenever we try to upload a same file in a folder, the app just renames it to <filename>_(1).<extension>, which is super annoying. I need to delete the old file and then upload new. This is not an issue in web client (even on android browser).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show data for both files when uploading a duplicate.

It would be VERY helpful if the dialogue that comes up when loading a file into Drive that has the same name would show the basic data for each file - the last modified date and size particularly. That way it would be easy to make a decision whether to replace, rename or skip.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Proton Photos Separation of Devices

I am excited for Proton to start implement a photo backup system for Proton Drive (I am looking forward for it being on iOS).
    My only request is there to be separation of backed up devices with their own photo gallery.

For example, if you backed up two phones you would be able to view each gallery separately from each other.

This would be crucial to me for using Proton's backup system.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Photos - Organize by year and then month (drill-down) and show item count in Web and mobile app

At the moment Photos in both the mobile app and the Web app are organized by month.
    I'm suggesting a two level way of organizing photos:
    Top level - Year
    Second Level - Month
    Also, the ability to see the total item count (aka how many photos and videos you currently have backed up) as well as an item count per year and month.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Distinguish between uploaded files and local files

To somehow be able to distinguish between files that have been uploaded and which have not, so that I can delete them locally.
    For instance, sometimes some uploads fail and it is hard to tell which ones and re upload them

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable multiple file selections for offline availability

Using the mobile app, currently it is only possible to select one file at a time for making it available offline. It would be useful if we could select more than one as we may not always have Internet access and it is time consuming to have to wait for one download at a time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Improve Windows context menu

With windows explorer and Proton Drive alikes, I am used to having contextual menu with options like:
    - Always keep on this device
    - Free-up space
    - See online

It is partially implemented when browsing within the proton drive folder, but it missing with the other synced folders like "Desktop" or "My Documents"

PS: Along with the contextual menus, it would be nice to have information like sync status appearing in the explorer like with most Proton Drive counterparts.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Viewing Options

It would be nice to have three folder viewing options (list, thumbnail, large thumbnail). Every view should be independently selectable in each hierarchy level p.ex.:

Main Folder list view
    Subfolder small thumbnails
    Subfolder content large thumbnails

If 'list view' is now chosen in one of the hierarchy levels, it automatically applies to all the other levels. The shared folder view is always shown in 'list view' for the recipient. It would be easy, if the chosen view would automatically apply to the shared folder view too (or elegant, if a choice option for the recipient could be offered to change…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Proton Drive should preserve file/folder created & modified timestamps on download

Proton Drive is currently not preserving the created and modified timestamps of files and folders when downloaded back onto a device (at least not using the Windows client). The timestamps are indeed correctly stored on the server when viewing the items using the web interface. This is already a feature of OneDrive and is important for some users who rely on documents having accurate timestamped objects.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to choose the type of link to be created for sharing with others: Read only or edit access

Although the option exist to create a sharing link but the link provides full fledged access, a user should be able to create a link which is still secured by password but is not giving edit access to the person holding the link and the password. The feature already exists in microsoft's "one drive".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Proton Drive