Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Night mode needed in mobile app!

The mobile app needs a night mode. This is standard in many other email and texting apps. A bright white screen is no good for many of us. This is a simple, easy feature to implement.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be nice to have a way to log out all other mail sessions remotely.

If we have left a browser logged in on a device that gets stolen, it would be nice to be able to log it out remotely.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ?

Signed up today to try Proton. Looking at appearances there is a load theme option, but there don't seem to be any available. Am I missing something

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add facility to know about failed mails.

I think there should be an feature which allows us to know about the failed mails which could not be sent due to some reasons. It will help a lot to the people who are sending many mails on daily basis and they dont have time to figure out how many mails successfully sent.
    I am very lucky to be here.

Thanks. check my article here on how to block ads in apps http://luckypatcher.me/

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Possibility to send maxi attachments (like 2 GB or so)

There is an italian email provider that allows to send maxi attachments till 2 GB ( https://mail.tiscali.it/ ). Basically the attachment that goes over 8 MB i think, is detected as Maxi Attachment and uploaded on their server for a maximum of 7 days. In the email instead of the attachment, is uploaded the link to the file on tiscali's servers

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. a Downloadable Client for Windows

So that we will have like a downloadable client like AOL on windows or on mac OS there is apple mail, i think it will make the experience better if we had a downloadable client for ProtonMail.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Alert the user if they send an email with the word "attached" in it, yet they do not have any attachments.

Google does this with gmail. For example if you write,

"You'll find my essay attached to this email."

And then you hit "send" without actually attaching something, it will stop you and ask, "Did you really mean to send this without an attachment?"

It isn't often that this feature is useful, but when it is, it is life-saving.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Recovery Code

Just like on outlook.com, would be great if we were able to generate a Recovery-Code wich we can print and store, wich can be used to reset our password.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Links with Android app

We should be able to paste links with the Android app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Nexus Imprint Support

Please could you add Nexus Imprint support as an alternative to pin codes? It would be a welcome addition to the Android app. Other security related apps have successfully implemented this (along with 2FA).

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. IOX Mail Protonmail implematntaion

Might be a great advantage and service to integrate protonmail-accounts in Apples OS X Mail-App. Just for my purpose I would pay for this feature

Regards Ede

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. it would be great if users can get a pin code on your phone/number to login to protonmail account for extra security

like google and microsoft. They have a very good option to reset your password by sending a code to your phone number which makes sure its you.
    Microsoft also has an option that (you can activate it) sends you a code every time you login to your account.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Security related

If my IP changes during a session, protonmail does not seem to bother.

What I would like to see is a prompt for entering my pwd again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A choice for ordering the contacts

I would find it helpful to have the choice to order the contacts by the Last Name and put the Last Name first.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Language

a dashboard in other native language. In french it would be useful for people receiving an encrypted email. I suppose it can be a problem for many non english-speakers.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ProtonMail Server and TOR Rejection

I read that ProtonMail is presently working on the TOR rejection question.
    When I tried to use TOR to sign in to my Gmail account, the Gmail Server rejected my sign-in, then sent me a notice that somebody tried to sign in from Asia, and Gmail does not think I was in Asia for the past several years, so perhaps someone tried to hack my account. I was at first confused and a bit put out, but when Gmail sent me the notice, I thought that was a good idea and they are concerned with our security. ProtonMail is working…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Verification of delivery/display would be very useful.

When an email is sent, most desktop clients will report back when the email was "viewed", or "displayed" by the recipient. ProtonMail (I always use the browser at ProtonMail.com, not a desktop client) simply states the message was "sent". It is very helpful being able to know the recipient actually received the message.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hide trashed/spam e-mails from label counter

I think that, like gmail, a label counter shouldn't show/consider trashed e-mails and marked as spam e-mails.

This is an example case scenario:
    - I add a label called "Example" to every @example.com incoming e-mail.
    - I have a useless counter near the label for all @example.com e-mails that are already marked as spam or are trashed.

This is even more useful if I mark "to archive" all @example.com e-mails, because they aren't in the inbox but only labelled with "Example" and I'm interested to know when I have new archived e-mails from @example.com without waste my time for spam…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Features seen on other services  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Does ProtonMail mail encrypt unencrypted emails received from other ProtonMail users and non -ProtonMail users with PGP

When an unencrypted email is received by ProtonMail from a non-ProtonMail user or even a ProtonMail user could pgp be used to encrypt this email on the ProtonMail server

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base