ProtonMail

1. Contacts Birthday field format

The Birthday field in the contacts manager seems very restrictive. It only accepts typed dates in the format %E %b, %Y (e.g. 18 Jan, 2021). The data entry field is extremely inflexible when typing dates. For example, typing the full month name will result in the field being rejected and not saved. This could definitely use some more robust date parsing and should allow other date formats to be input. When I try to save a bad date, silently rejecting it is the wrong move because I have to reenter edit mode and re-input the entire date instead of simply…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mobile app more user friendly/colors stand out more

I recently switched over from gmail to protonmail and although i like the platform when used on my laptop, I really dont care for the mobile version on my cell. I find it to be very difficult to tell which emails were read and which were not, they do not stand out at all, as the only differentiation is a slightly grey color. Can we have a better mobile view, where you can easily see which emails have been read and add some color coding that actually stands out and makes it more user friendly and more visually appealing as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. E-mail Fingerprint or ID in each sent e-mail

For security reasons, I would like in each sent e-mail from my account at the end of every written e-mail instead of a disclaimer should be my own e-mail fingerprint or ID.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Chat or phone support desk option

I am having an issue where MULTIPLE people do not receive my emails. They appear in my SENT folder but never arrive at the destination. When I contact the support desk, I get an email from them asking me to respond with more information. But, when I respond, THE PROTONMAIL SUPPORT DESK DOES NOT RECEIVE MY EMAILS.

THAT'S THE PROBLEM.

If I can't email you to find a resolution ... and email is the ONLY way to reach you, how am I ever supposed to get the issue resolved?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show Attached Files on top of the email and not at the bottom

If we get attached files after a few back and forth in an email chain, it takes forever to scroll down to where we can click to download the attached files. They should just show up on top of the email instead of at the bottom.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Passwords

Once I am in the account I should be able to change the password especially if I am in it. I set up my email and the password I thought I put in did not let me in. Now I can’t get in it I don’t have a back up email and it doesn’t have an option to recognize my phone and send a text.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide ability to change format (fonts, size, etc.) for all type of composition.

Provide format change capabilities to all type of mail competition (forward, reply), not only for new composition.

Provide the ability to set/create a custom default format style for all composition

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improving encrypted emails

The idea is that after you send an encrypted email to a non proton-user, Proton sends a second email with a field to send a phone number. After filling in the phone number, the recepient receives a 4 or 6 number code (SMS) to verify and open the first encrypted email. Would be nice to have this as an option (besides communicating the pasword by mouth or Signal or whatever)
    Or isn't this safe enough?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibility to add two free accounts to iOS mobile app

In this moment in iOS mobile app we can add only one free email address. I need add two - my parents emails(I have my own plus plan account). I need to monitor very important messages from National Health Service - related to Covid-19 vaccination - they are older people and this matter can be processed only via email. I think this change is not so big and could be usefull for more users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Compose window should be larger...

Hello. I'd like to see the compose window have the option to resize. It's a little too small in my opinion, and "Expand Composer" button makes it too large. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bezahlweise

Hallo,

gerne würde ich ein kostenpflichtiges Konto eröffnen, aber nicht mit den angegebenen Optionen. Weder Paypal noch Kreditkarte. Vorkasse oder Lastschriftverfahren fände ich als zusätzliche Option besser.
    Auch die Möglichkeit monatlich kleine Beträge anstatt jährlich einen hohen Betrag zu begleichen, würde für mich ein kostenpflichtiges Konto attraktiver machen.

Liebe Grüße

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Forum registration

Rather than requiring accounts from Google or Facebook to register(log in) into this forum, we should register with an email address we choose.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. secuirty

I had a protonmail account and in that account I could use a yubikey to secure my 2FA ... it generates its own code. I could not find how to integrate yubikey with my new protonmail account. THIS WAS A FEATURE with my old Protonmail account. what gives?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Making it possible to filter email based on (part of) the text in the content

Example: Some of my clients check a chexbox on my websiteforms to agree on receiving my newsletter. They and I both receive a confirmation email. Due to privacy regulation I have to save and keep these emails from the clients that checked that chebox (not all of them do, it's optional). Would be great tot select the part of the email content where it says 'wanting to receive... : yes' as a trigger to move them into a folder or to mark them with a label.
    And I guess there are more situations where this could be convenient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ProtonMail App Notification Swiping

In GMail it's possible to clear the notifications bar of the email and not be notified of it when a new email appears. The emails stack unless the user clicks on the email / stack and opens the app. It would be great if swiping away the email(s) clears the stack. Also, it would be great if looking at the email in the web clears the notification in the app

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Under all mail I propose an extra selection.

The selection would be All Mail (minus mail in User created folders and inbox). So the user could delete all mail easily and not worry about deleting saved emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search also in the content of the emails

Currently the search engine is only showing results for the recipients and subject.
    It would be very useful that would also work in whole mail content.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. increase the apps registerable email account limit for free accounts to 3-5 accounts

this restrictions for free accounts for free account is by far the most annoying restriction of the app ad forces people to log in using the site just to check other denying them of the convence the app offers in other areas.

I say only 3-5 as Many people don't really have a use for more than 3 so it's reasonable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ProtonMail Linux Bridge with headless server support

It would be very useful to be able to configure the Protonmail bridge through the terminal so that it can be integrated into other systems such as Nextcloud

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 90 91
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base