My Name shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zeynel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On web interface, navigating between messages and folders is not slow, though it's not instant. This makes navigation slower overall. Gmail is faster.

At least, navigating between messages in same folder & thread should be instant.

This would be my main complaint about Protonmail.

I'm using Firefox but in Chrome, there isn't much difference.

• Dustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't have a ton of email in my archive yet, but so far Proton seems massively faster than google's Inbox app. I'm always in favor of optimization, but I just don't see any need for it yet.

• Aerion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you'd rather let the NSA read your email then what on earth are you doing on ProtonMail?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People using the argument "lol, buy a new computer ololololol" forget that security should not be made inconvenient for people with less money.

I am happy for everyone who has a good machine and can run proton smoothless, but from a developer point of view, protonmail IS slower compared to other providers and it's NOT because of the security/encryption ProtonMail deploys.

There should be at least a light weight option for user who experience problems.

• pnobulls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes it is need, but just deal with it, their could many reason why it is happening. I am aware with it, and yes it is slow , but I don't mind. the reason I could say deal with it, it could be your computer also, and not just proton. many of use are just fine with it, so it could be many issues.

I just deleted a tons of mail and searched some stuff. It was VERY FAST. Maybe you finally buy a new computer, or stop trolling?

• Ryan Townsend commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Searching isn’t just slow for me, it often doesn’t return results for emails I know exist with the keywords I’m using. A lot of work needs to be done in this area.

It lags a lot on protonmail. This, combined with lack of my e-mail support is a real pain in the neck.

Feedback and Knowledge Base