ProtonMail

1. YubiKey? Ever? No? Hello?

The dedicated Protonmail community deserves a real response from the crack team of Protonmail scientists and engineers. When are you implementing Yubikey or are is your tag line just bs?

"We are scientists, engineers, and developers drawn together by a shared vision of protecting civil liberties online. This is why we created ProtonMail, an easy to use secure email service with built-in end-to-end encryption and state of the art security features. Our goal is to build an internet that respects privacy and is secure against cyberattacks.

We are committed to developing and widely distributing the tools necessary to protect your…

3,636 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    175 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proton Calendar: Share events/invite people to events

I have started playing around with Proton Calendar in beta. It looks nice. I cannot see a way to share events to other people or invite them to an event (internally to other ProtonCal users or externally to people using other calendar services). Is this feature available? If not, is it in development?

692 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  45 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proton Calendar - more detailed settings for Frequency

On Frequency in Proton Calendar item there is just every week/month/year. I have some typical situation, that I need action each 4 weeks (which isn't 1 month).

So it would be nice to add more settings for this Frequency something like:
    - each: number
    - day/week/month/year

217 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use hCaptcha or Geetest instead of ReCAPTCHA

The CAPTCHA on the verification page uses Google's captcha service, which is absolutely terrible for privacy reasons. Please consider some alternatives such as hCaptcha or Geetest. (In addition, with hCaptcha you get paid for every time a user completes a captcha, instead of that labour going towards trainging Google's AI).

204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Onion-Location

New Release: Tor Browser 9.5:

Website publishers now can advertise their onion service to Tor users by adding an HTTP header. When visiting a website that has both an .onion address and Onion Location enabled via Tor Browser, users will be prompted about the onion service version of the site and will be asked to opt-in to upgrade to the onion service on their first use.

http://3gldbgtv5e4god56.onion/onion-services/advanced/onion-location/index.html
    https://community.torproject.org/onion-services/advanced/onion-location/
    https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-95

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow sending from alias addresses

Currently, you can only send from alias addresses by replying to an existing email to that alias. Being able to directly send from an alias would make this feature a lot more useful.

Being able to manually add alias address to Settings > Addresses/Users without it counting towards the total of allowed additional addresses would also be helpful.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Muhteşem harika bir kazanç elde edilen

Muhteşem bir kazanç bu ya

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. App development to support Linux based Mobile phones

A number of Linux based phones are under development, using PureOS or other Linux based Operating Systems. A Protonmail app written for these mobile phones would provide a privacy/security enhancement for them. The release of the Librem5 Linux based PureOS mobile phone is eminent.

Similarly, a Linux based mobile phone application for ProtonVPN would be a beneficial addition to these phones which have been developed to avoid the lack of privacy/security found in iOS and Google based Android operating systems.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow us to have whatever spec compliant local-part for custom domain email addresses

when trying to set the local-part for my custom domain email address to "~"
    I get this error message:

"Only alphanumerics, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed in the local part of the email address, and it must begin and end with alphanumerics." all I can say is why?

"it must begin and end with alphanumerics."
    this is so arbitrary! it's an email address' local-part not a username..

for many years, I have always used ~@myna.me as my email address, before and after I self-hosted my email, I use it for all of my online accounts and and all of…

1,135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Variable delay for undo sending of an email

https://twitter.com/ProtonMail/status/1339568131388354562?s=20 you mention this. Given that the feature already exists, it makes sense to be able to calibrate the delay amount (in s) depending on an individual's preference. Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. WebDav support?

I'd like to know if WEBDAV is available through protonmail and if so:

A) How do I configure it (what are the settings)?

--and if not:

B) Would you be willing to implement it?

I desire to sync my password manager using WebDav and I only trust Proton Mail as my cloud provider for such sensitive data handling in the cloud.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users to NOT choose a default sending address.

This should be very easy. On the page https://mail.protonmail.com/account, near the bottom is a section titled "Address Priority." Whichever address is dragged to the top becomes the default sender address. Simply add an extra but invalid email "address" to the list, with a name something like "No Default." If the user drags "No Default" to the top of the list, then he will be required to manually choose which address to send from.

I feel like this is a very important feature for the actual physical security of some members who may be emailing messages, from politically repressive areas,…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Repeated Events & Custom Intervals on Calendar

Thank you for introducing the Calendar on beta! It is exactly what our business needs. However, we really need the custom calendar features that are available on Google. Without these, we can't really use the calendar.

In particular, being able to set repeat events at custom time intervals (exactly as per Google's calendar), eg. every 3 days or to never end, etc.

Thanks once again!

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ProtonMail Linux Bridge with headless server support

It would be very useful to be able to configure the Protonmail bridge through the terminal so that it can be integrated into other systems such as Nextcloud

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Proton Drive

I would like you to offer Proton Drive on its own as an option and not as a package with Proton's VPN. I'm tied into a long-term VPN contract and don't want to pay for that again. Just make Proton Drive a simple add-on for a fixed cost.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. About MacOS and iOS Apps.

Dear Authorities,

Mail application should be done for MacOS operating system and dark theme should come for iOS mail application.

In addition, as a suggestion other than these; free mail data storage space can be better than 500 MB.

Thank you!

Yours sincerely.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Better Linux integration and support

The app really needs better integration and support on different flavors of Linux. Now, since WireGuard is part of the kernel, it can be heavily utilized.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. ProtonCalendar Mobile App

Please make an iOS Proton Calendar app. I need to be able to easily add events to it while on the go. I'm trying to stay away from apple and google apps but needing to sign into a mobile site + 2FA every time I need to add/change or check an event is incredibly cumbersome and adds a lot of friction to the user experience.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Triggers for Filters/Sieves

Right now, filters and sieves are only applied when mail arrives. Make it possible to set one or multiple triggers to a filter/sieve, like:

• When the e-mail arrives

• When an e-mail is placed in folder X

• When an e-mail is moved out of folder X

• When an e-mail is assigned label X

• When label x is removed from an e-mail

• When an e-mail is deleted

• On demand

• (In the future perhaps extended with a time trigger of some sort)

This solution addresses several other feature requests (resieve, test/preview) mentioned here in a flexible and extensible way as well as other…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Could you add a 24h clock as an option?

Hi, My time zone is set to Atlantic(Reykjavík) but the time format is not in 24h but that stupid AM/PM Please fix this.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 90 91
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base