Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow us to have whatever spec compliant local-part for custom domain email addresses

when trying to set the local-part for my custom domain email address to "~"
    I get this error message:

"Only alphanumerics, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed in the local part of the email address, and it must begin and end with alphanumerics." all I can say is why?

"it must begin and end with alphanumerics."
    this is so arbitrary! it's an email address' local-part not a username..

for many years, I have always used ~@myna.me as my email address, before and after I self-hosted my email, I use it for all of my online accounts and and all of…

1,086 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    14 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sub-folders

The pssibility to make sub-folders for storing emails would be appreciated. Ie. folders that have parent folders and the folders would show up in a hierarchial tree where the folders are currently displayed.

Especially for corporate users filing emails hierarchialy is of great help.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Browser Quick Login with PIN

I would like a similar experience in the browser that we have with the mobile app. Set an expiration where the user can still unlock quickly with PIN.

A trusted computer browser stores the main logon cookie with no expiration. But this cookie only has an encrypted blob that cannot access the mailbox alone. The 2nd cookie set to expire in X minutes/hours must be combined with a user supplied PIN, and that will decrypt the non-expiring main cookie blob, which logs the user back into the mailbox.

809 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi user too expensive

1 user, 1 domain = 48€/year
    If you need 2 users, 1 domain = 150€/year
    Why a so big price increase when you need 2 users ? Could you have an better offer, for example at 70€/year. Seems more logical.

Best regards

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop attaching links to protonmail.com inside each email

Whenever we send an email protonmail always attaches protonmail.com as a comment to the signing as well as the gpg key. I feel this is forceful advertising by protonmail. As of now there is no method to remove the same.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mailspring support for ProtonMail Bridge

ProtonMail Bridge has bugs integrating with the Mailspring email client. The Mailspring team have expressed interest in working together to get these issues resolved. If the bugs could be fixed and the Bridge could get working with Mailspring it would be a great productivity booster!

307 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Conversation Grouping

If mails are grouped, only those should be grouped that a) mention / quote another mail OR b) if the mails arrived within x minutes.

Because as it is at present with me mails are grouped which were sent years(!) after each other. They also have nothing at all to do with each other. Only because both have the same title.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better message/e-mail sync between mobile app and web app

One of the major complaints I have about your otherwise excellent product is that message notifications on the mobile app aren't updated if I read, delete or archive the e-mails via the web inbox.

For example, if the mobile app notifies me of a new e-mail and instead of reading it on my smartphone, I go to the web and read it there, the mobile app notification doesn't acknowledge that. I have to read or manage the e-mail on the smartphone even if I already read it on the website. It's makes for a lot of unnecessary double work.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Compressed mode for message list.

The new Beta UI looks good over-all, but the message list (at least on my screen) is 2/3rd white space which means my standard browser window shows me 8 messages. Dropping that white space by half would still look good and double what I can see with a single glance. I can imagine that some would like to see an even denser mode, but the current options are way too sparse.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Postbox for Mac to settings / instructions

I use Postbox for Mac. By far the best email app I ever used.
    Faster as mail and not as stupid with cache etc.
    You could add it your your instructions.
    It is so easy - essentially Postbox discovers all settings automatically. All one needs to do is to use the Bridge Password (This should be instructed more clearly). That's all ;-)
    Jacob

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Email notifications of ALL login attempts

Emailed notifications of all login attempts, successful or not.

When available, these notifications should go to a separate notifications email rather than dropped in the protonmail inbox.

If "advanced logging" is enabled, it should also add the IP address of the login attempt.

(Otherwise someone breaking into a protonmail account would see that appear in the protonmail inbox, and naturally would be able to delete the notification mail before the rightful owner can log back in.)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Date Filter

We need to filter by date typically to move all email over say 6 months old to the Archive folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Send a reminder email a few days BEFORE sending a new invoice.

This should be pretty self-explanatory. Just an email that reminds you that you will have a payment due on a certain date. It doesn't even have to be an exact date. It could just be "in 7 days" or whatever.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop letting cyber criminals in and do nothing

No desire to do anything and I hate seven RELIGIOUS KNIGHTS but I hate Morgan and Morgan National law firm more than Risks management and SBA

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. ProtonVPN - Plus Country config

Country config only give access to the basic servers even for Plus subscribers. This limits the number of IPs which are randomly cycled through by a Plus user and takes away a lot of incentive to upgrade.
    It would be useful to have Plus specific country config files.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Possibility to send encrypted messages without password

At the moment Protonmail offers to send encrypted emails to non-PM users using a password encryption. This function is really secure but often unpractical. There should be an option where the encryption would work the same way, that the receipent would fetch the email from PM servers through a link, but no additional password would be needed. This method is widely used in post-GDPR world with government and some private actors. This would still be considered secure mail eventhough it doesn't have a password. The option with a password needs to remain of course and the selection would be up…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bridge for Linux is not "completed"

Another link here is listed as "completed" [https://protonmail.uservoice.com/forums/284483-feedback/suggestions/32772520-protonmail-bridge-for-linux]

A closed-beta that you have to email and request an invitation to is not a "completed" project. It's been two years, and the paying Linux users deserve the same kind of service as the other platforms.

Moreover, there are many routine problems with the Bridge program. connection time-outs, etc. Please go through Bridge and polish the rough edges.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I need/ want to enable 2 factor authentication for a flip phone. no ability to scan or have ap.

i just want to be able to input my phone # & be able to have authentification because I can't scan or use an AP on my flip phone.
    No, I don't want a smartphone!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Layout: In Column Mode, please make the middle column narrower to make more space for the message column.

In Column layout mode, the middle column (which lists the names of the emails you have received, sent, etc...) is WAY TOO WIDE and takes away from the valuable space of the message area. Compare Proton to Outlook mail for proper column width. Several Proton subscribers have requested you make the columns adjustable, but when you read their full complaint, that is just so they can narrow the center (names) column. So I think just narrowing the center column would be sufficient. Thank You!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I love you

How proton can you get?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base