Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Bitcoin Cash

I would LOVE if ProtonMail would start accepting Bitcoin Cash for both payments and donations.

I understand you don't want to rely on third party payment processors for this and so I propose you link a donate wallet to your website for this and allow us, the BCH community to help make this possible.

Let us help you, help us!

Thanks.

480 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    62 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proton Calendar: Share events/invite people to events

I have started playing around with Proton Calendar in beta. It looks nice. I cannot see a way to share events to other people or invite them to an event (internally to other ProtonCal users or externally to people using other calendar services). Is this feature available? If not, is it in development?

372 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  28 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Proton Calendar - more detailed settings for Frequency

On Frequency in Proton Calendar item there is just every week/month/year. I have some typical situation, that I need action each 4 weeks (which isn't 1 month).

So it would be nice to add more settings for this Frequency something like:
    - each: number
    - day/week/month/year

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. allow us to have whatever spec compliant local-part for custom domain email addresses

when trying to set the local-part for my custom domain email address to "~"
    I get this error message:

"Only alphanumerics, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed in the local part of the email address, and it must begin and end with alphanumerics." all I can say is why?

"it must begin and end with alphanumerics."
    this is so arbitrary! it's an email address' local-part not a username..

for many years, I have always used ~@myna.me as my email address, before and after I self-hosted my email, I use it for all of my online accounts and and all of…

1,133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Onion-Location

New Release: Tor Browser 9.5:

Website publishers now can advertise their onion service to Tor users by adding an HTTP header. When visiting a website that has both an .onion address and Onion Location enabled via Tor Browser, users will be prompted about the onion service version of the site and will be asked to opt-in to upgrade to the onion service on their first use.

http://3gldbgtv5e4god56.onion/onion-services/advanced/onion-location/index.html
    https://community.torproject.org/onion-services/advanced/onion-location/
    https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-95

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use hCaptcha or Geetest instead of ReCAPTCHA

The CAPTCHA on the verification page uses Google's captcha service, which is absolutely terrible for privacy reasons. Please consider some alternatives such as hCaptcha or Geetest. (In addition, with hCaptcha you get paid for every time a user completes a captcha, instead of that labour going towards trainging Google's AI).

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sub-folders

The pssibility to make sub-folders for storing emails would be appreciated. Ie. folders that have parent folders and the folders would show up in a hierarchial tree where the folders are currently displayed.

Especially for corporate users filing emails hierarchialy is of great help.

418 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Repeated Events & Custom Intervals on Calendar

Thank you for introducing the Calendar on beta! It is exactly what our business needs. However, we really need the custom calendar features that are available on Google. Without these, we can't really use the calendar.

In particular, being able to set repeat events at custom time intervals (exactly as per Google's calendar), eg. every 3 days or to never end, etc.

Thanks once again!

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. About MacOS and iOS Apps.

Dear Authorities,

Mail application should be done for MacOS operating system and dark theme should come for iOS mail application.

In addition, as a suggestion other than these; free mail data storage space can be better than 500 MB.

Thank you!

Yours sincerely.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Manage PGP Keys For Contacts On Mobile

Please allow the mobile apps contacts to have the ability to edit the PGP public keys of each contact. This can only be done on the web client right now.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Calendar repeat variety

When setting up an event in the calendar, we are given the option to repeat weekly, monthly, or yearly. It would be nice to be able to have more variety in what we can pick.

For example, in my native android calendar I can select "repeat every # days/weeks/etc."

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Finish Proton Calendar for good

It would be nice to see Proton Calendar finished, before jumping on other services.

I still can't receive notification emails at specific events, still have to keep the calendar tab open to see some notifications.

Proton Calendar is a fantastic idea, but, at the moment, it's unusable, useless.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Move the attachments at the top of the message

I've been in long email/conversation and I need to always scroll down to go find the attachments.

Would it be possible to set the attachments section at the top ?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow sending from alias addresses

Currently, you can only send from alias addresses by replying to an existing email to that alias. Being able to directly send from an alias would make this feature a lot more useful.

Being able to manually add alias address to Settings > Addresses/Users without it counting towards the total of allowed additional addresses would also be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pay for services with BAT

You allow for tips and monthly contributions with the Brave browser's Basic Attention Tokens, so would it be possible to actually pay for services with BATs?. It might not yet be technically possible, but just wondering.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Nearly zero-contrast type in the log-in page is eye-disease promoting, blindness abetting; poorly designed and nearly useless.

and all of the type in this protonmail.uservoice.com forum page is shown in nearly zero contrast type. If the owners of the company are going to continue with their assault on medicine: optometry, optical dispensing, and ophthalmology, with your use of graphic design that stomps on eye and vision health; on the internet (which was designed as a visual communications medium); on reading (your graphic design sets the printed work back prior to Gutenberg's first printing presses, 700 or so years ago) then the company should agree to pay for all optometry visits, prescription medicine costs, optician visits and optical…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rename attached files

Sometimes a filename on your system is not meaningful for the recipient of your mail. I think It would be nice to be able to rename an attached file directly in ProtonMail.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Triggers for Filters/Sieves

Right now, filters and sieves are only applied when mail arrives. Make it possible to set one or multiple triggers to a filter/sieve, like:

• When the e-mail arrives

• When an e-mail is placed in folder X

• When an e-mail is moved out of folder X

• When an e-mail is assigned label X

• When label x is removed from an e-mail

• When an e-mail is deleted

• On demand

• (In the future perhaps extended with a time trigger of some sort)

This solution addresses several other feature requests (resieve, test/preview) mentioned here in a flexible and extensible way as well as other…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give Visionary Accounts the sending limits you say they have.

Our Visionary Accounts should not have a problem sending 600 emails (important contractual notice to clients) over a period of a couple of hours.
    But we are constantly being restricted as if we are on a free plan.
    Support keeps saying the problem is fixed, but its not.

Really not good enough.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 76 77
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base