Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow us to have whatever spec compliant local-part for custom domain email addresses

when trying to set the local-part for my custom domain email address to "~"
    I get this error message:

"Only alphanumerics, periods, hyphens, and underscores are allowed in the local part of the email address, and it must begin and end with alphanumerics." all I can say is why?

"it must begin and end with alphanumerics."
    this is so arbitrary! it's an email address' local-part not a username..

for many years, I have always used ~@myna.me as my email address, before and after I self-hosted my email, I use it for all of my online accounts and and all of…

1,031 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Browser Quick Login with PIN

I would like a similar experience in the browser that we have with the mobile app. Set an expiration where the user can still unlock quickly with PIN.

A trusted computer browser stores the main logon cookie with no expiration. But this cookie only has an encrypted blob that cannot access the mailbox alone. The 2nd cookie set to expire in X minutes/hours must be combined with a user supplied PIN, and that will decrypt the non-expiring main cookie blob, which logs the user back into the mailbox.

777 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mailspring support for ProtonMail Bridge

ProtonMail Bridge has bugs integrating with the Mailspring email client. The Mailspring team have expressed interest in working together to get these issues resolved. If the bugs could be fixed and the Bridge could get working with Mailspring it would be a great productivity booster!

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multi user too expensive

1 user, 1 domain = 48€/year
    If you need 2 users, 1 domain = 150€/year
    Why a so big price increase when you need 2 users ? Could you have an better offer, for example at 70€/year. Seems more logical.

Best regards

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ProtonVPN - Plus Country config

Country config only give access to the basic servers even for Plus subscribers. This limits the number of IPs which are randomly cycled through by a Plus user and takes away a lot of incentive to upgrade.
    It would be useful to have Plus specific country config files.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Possibility to send encrypted messages without password

At the moment Protonmail offers to send encrypted emails to non-PM users using a password encryption. This function is really secure but often unpractical. There should be an option where the encryption would work the same way, that the receipent would fetch the email from PM servers through a link, but no additional password would be needed. This method is widely used in post-GDPR world with government and some private actors. This would still be considered secure mail eventhough it doesn't have a password. The option with a password needs to remain of course and the selection would be up…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Accept Bitcoin on the Lightning Network!

The Lightning Network is in beta, but it allows for instant payments (no confirmations) and almost 0% fees, provided the user has a channel open. You already accept Bitcoin... and the Lightning Network is a major upgrade to way people will use BTC to make payments. If you do it soon, you will also get a P.R. boost, as it will inevitably be mentioned in the Bitcoin media.

481 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More keyboard shortcuts

Please implement more keyboard shortcuts for managing mail message. An example would be keyboard shortcuts to open the "Move to folder" and "Apply label" dialog. This is similar to GMail's shortcut, when you have a message(s) selected and press the "v" key. Currently I have to mouse around to do this, and organizing messages is such a core feature, I don't think using the mouse each and every time should be necessary.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Onion V3 Address Access To Protonmail

Protonmail already uses a old v2 onion address format (https://protonirockerxow.onion) it would be nice to have the new v3 onion format address that has many benefits over the v2 technology:
    1. Better crypto (replaced SHA1/DH/RSA1024 with SHA3/ed25519/curve25519)
    2. Improved directory protocol, leaking much less information to directory servers.
    3. Improved directory protocol, with smaller surface for targeted attacks.
    4. Better onion address security against impersonation.
    5. More extensible introduction/rendezvous protocol.
    6. A cleaner and more modular codebase.

The new addresses looks like 56-characters domain ( ex.: 4acth47i6kxnvkewtm6q7ib2s3ufpo5sqbsnzjpbi7utijcltosqemad.onion ).

Apparently some sort of vanity address is possible (more limited…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 2FA trust device

Can you allow me to "trust" a device - like other websites do - so that I only need my credentials, but not need my 2FA code everytime I log on on my own laptop?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sub-folders

The pssibility to make sub-folders for storing emails would be appreciated. Ie. folders that have parent folders and the folders would show up in a hierarchial tree where the folders are currently displayed.

Especially for corporate users filing emails hierarchialy is of great help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to apply existing conversation labels to newly arrived messages

The architecture of protonmail approaches labelling on an email by email basis, which has desirable flexibility. However, it also obliges users who apply labels on a conversation basis to engage in lots of unnecessary labelling of new emails. It would be great for users to have the option of having newly arrived emails that join an existing conversation be given the same labels as applied to all the other emails in that conversation. Users might be offered 3 choices:
    --- users choose to apply labels at the conversation level only - label changes to one email in a conversation affect…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 72 characters word wrap

The plain text feature needs a 72 characters word wrap in order to write to mailing lists and/or mutt users.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. number of items in category Drafts.

Please add a number of items in category for "Drafts" - when I fail to send a note it properly goes there. But, no number I think its empty. I just discovered a critical letter there, from months ago.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give thumbnails or full photo viewer for attached photos while in email editor

As of now, once you attach a photo to an email you are typing, you can only see the file name.

Since most people don't name their photos, it makes it hard to see exactly what you've attached and what you haven't.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Trusted domains for external/embedded images

So far we can set loading embedded and external images on or off. It would be beneficial to set the option per domain/sender.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. put notifications configuration in the parameters

not to have to disable not. on everytime we arrive on the site

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Filter Contacts List by Group

Ability to Filter or Sort contacts list by Contact Group

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add "Time" to Emails

I need to see at what time I received my emails. Not just the Date with day month and year but also the time = HOURS AND MINUTES!!!!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Plaintext mode by default when replying to emails

Right now, you can set your default composition mode to "Plaintext" in settings, however it only applies to new emails I write. If I respond to someone's email that wasn't sent in plaintext, Protonmail automatically switches to Normal mode. I suggest that if I select plaintext mode in settings, it should apply to ALL emails by default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base