Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ProtonMail needs direct connections, not proxied (ProtonMail Allegedly Proxied by Israelis https://cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm)

ProtonMail needs to ensure that their connections go directly to their clients as much as possible and not through a third party. Denial of service protection should be stationed on their own systems and all systems & connection under ProtonMail's control.
    (ProtonMail Allegedly Proxied by Israelis https://cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Empty Composed Emails Should Not Make Draft

If you click compose but realize that you do not want to safe email, you should be able to click the 'x' and it should ask you if you want to save.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow more than one emailadress for an account

Allow us to save more than one emailadress to an account.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. being able to make files for separateing emails into catagories,personal,business,soforth.

store and separate files,as such. personal,business,vacation,school,
    or what ever one choses.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Expiration Dates of up to 365 days

I'd be grateful if you could modify the expiration period to allow us to set emails to expire up to 1 year after they are sent. The current 30 days is just too short for my needs.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make signatures be more customisable like in gmail!

Most of email services out there support highly customisable signatures, such as font size, font and so on.

None of signature generators work on protonmail, as it doesnt have such highly developed signature functionality.

Please improve it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. new acct - can't log on - slows to 50 bytes/2 minutes

new acct - can't log on - slows to 50 bytes/2 minutes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatically set emails to outsiders as encrypted if the encryption key has been entered

Sometimes when I go set the encryption key, I enter the key but forget to press set. It would be illogical for somebody to open the encryption tab, enter the encryption key, and not encrypt their email. Automatically encrypting the email after the keys match would prevent a lot of grief from compromised data.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Setting for default Fullscreen Compose

It'd be nice if we didn't have to hit "Fullscreen" every time we want to compose an email and had a setting to default it to the Fullscreen view (as Gmail wisely added).

Honestly, a Compose view that takes up the entire Inbox pane and doesn't act as an overlay layer would be better still (as per Gmail before they added the irritating "chat style" compose. Refer to screenshots here : https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/restore-your-gmail-settings/), but minimally, a setting to make Fullscreen permanent is needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add link to "Support ProtonMail and Get Instant Access!" to your "ProtonMail Confirmation" e-mail

Right now, after you fill in the invitation form, you are being proposed with possibility to chip some money for additional perks; this for can no longer be accessed after you close the page.

Requesting financial compensation for your service is completely fine and pricing is quite awesome, the problem is that you may catch people without card on them at the moment (e.g. I sit here at my cubicle, and have like 40USD in local currency in cache.)
    In such case you are not even able to copy URL to form as it is POST king of form.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Back to protonmail.ch site. We do not live in Switzerland, but we do not live in USA as well. World is different, internet should be too.

World need no more .com sites. COM – is for commercial, ProtonMail was not created for that purpose.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Donations in BTC Nubits or cash via mail

C'mon guys , asking for CC just vanish the whole purpose of this website , I don't need an anonymous e-mail if I have to provide an all bunch of data in order to have it . BTC or Cash via Mail or Nubits

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. multiple select items with messages inthe browser om mobile phone please

multiple select items with messages inthe browser om mobile phone please

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Whats your take on this article https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8755492

I'm not tech. but this guy make some sense in his article please respond on that

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Twofish

Hi,

As far as I know, it's currently unknown whether or not the NSA (or any other such agency) has broken AES; and considering they endorsed it, and that I'm paranoid...

I think it'd be nice to have the option to choose which encryption algorithm is used. Personally I'm a fan of Bruce Schneier's Blowfish and Twofish algorithms. Neither has successfully been cracked yet, to my knowledge.

Best regards.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. stop web browser spying

You should not spy user's web browser (windows 7, firefox), I could not login from library where I am not allowed to install/upgrade web browser.
    screenshot of spying and sabotaging users to login: http://s16.postimg.org/llburhq38/Untitled.jpg

so, users can use libraries or other places to hide home IP from you and you should not spy us and surely you should not forbid us to login with some excuses about security. we don't know who you are and we must trust to your promises about security, servers are in your hands and you can spy people.

here is one example of similar service…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. rapprochement vers diaspora

Vous venez d'activer le chiffrement des mails vers Facebook. Je me demande pourquoi ne pas se rapprocher de plateformes plus respectueuses de la vie privée comme Diaspora et de manière générale vers des projets de ce type. J'attends des applications et des servicesqui respectent une charte de non vente/recolte des informations personnelles, notamment en O.S sur smartphone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove send-to addresses limitation of 25 (or bring it up to 100 or 200)

Currently you can send an email to no more than 25 people. It would be great to be able to share an idea or an inviation for an event with all your friends and/or colleagues.

I don't know if it is possible but instead of a fixed limitation to 25 (or other figure) you could set a rule where you could send emails to all of your contacts or groups (which don't exist.....yet) regardless the number.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not delete emails at least a week.Show the time of entry and exit.

Hi. I don't know how the encryption algorithms, but you know how follow mailboxes intelligence agencies. First. If watching a man of intelligence ,then they have all the accounts and passwords.To this end, the security services don't need to hack anything. Also, they can see everything what you do on the computer. Such a lot of equipment in the network. Second. If you were followed by the secret service about anonymity can forget. You have to act in the open. In this case, it is very important to monitor their communications,because they can send and delete emails from your mailbox.…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base