Feedback

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mobile web too unfriendly

The mobile version of ProtonMail is hard to use – most of the space is occupied by toolbars or header bars which are fixed, so there is only little space for the message left – only about 30% of the screen. The message title should be smaller and the toolbars could disappear after scrolling down.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CAPTCHA error

The CAPTCHA is not accurate with what it asks to identify. There were no cars, nor images left to chick before verification. Perhaps a bit more sufficient identification for those who have no cellphone for SMS, no online access to funds, nor a current accessible Email.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Log Access Attempts

Add the feature that allows you to log access attempts for your account for Mobile ProtonMail

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to Paste images into messages

Pasting images into emails, rather than having to attach them as file, would be make your service much more usable. I'm a software developer and have to exchange screenshots continuously, and having to save them and attach them makes using ProtonMail very slow.

If you made this part of the paid service I'm sure you'd convert a lot of the free account holders.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block newsletters

Add option to reject (or move to spam) all newsletters (except whitelisted). Currently there is newsletter detection and adding auto-action in filters won't be a problem :).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Insert Link" option default entry to "Link or Email" field

Presently, when text is highlighted and the "Insert Link" option is clicked, a window waiting for the link to be pasted into opens, but defaults the cursor to the "Text to display" field, which is already populated by the highlighted text and likely not needed to be changed.

It would make more sense (GMail does this) to automatically default the cursor to the "Link or Email" field where the link is to be pasted, if the operation was enacted when text was highlighted i.e. the "Text to display" field would already be populated.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sort Incoming Emails From Stored Contacts Under Labels/Folders

Labels & Assigned Folders Should Also Be An Additional Option For Contact Management So That They Sync Accordingly.

If someone sends me an email and they are also saved as a contact, all incoming mail should automatically be tagged and/or sorted accordingly to their assigned label.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. VPN

Well, you have launched your own VPN. Congratulations!
    The big problem is that we can't test it.
    I have been looking for a VPN which doesn't impact your speed.
    We pay a lot of money to have a high internet speed; therefore it is frustrating to see that our bandwidth is halved when not more when we use a VPN.
    I have tested either as free or as a subscription many VPN and never found one able to have a decent speed though they all promise that it will be flash speed.
    You offer some otions (High and Highest), now…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Signature

I would love if I would be able to my companies logo into my signature!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Folders for constant e-mails

Hi. I created a folder "Logs" which should be receiving all e-mails sent from an application on our server. These are constant e-mails sent periodicaly from the app and I don't want the main inbox to be spammed with it, nor bother myself with constant moving them to "Logs" folder. I want them to be automaticaly (always) redirected to that folder.
    Second use case is that there is forwarding set up on other support@our-server.com address to my protonmail address and there are quite many of these e-mails - again I want to create a folder for this, I don't want…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. e-mails can't be unencrypted

When I get an e-mail, it is encrypted gobbledeegook. I can't unencrypt it. HELP!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add option to record logs ONLY when a login is failed

Currently the authentication log records either all login attemps or none, it would be great if there could be a option to log ONLY failed attempts.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Authentication Log: Add new "Memory Word" each login

The authentication log in one sense currently works well in theory.

However, it is difficult to practically and easily tell if the 'last login' was actually you or not. I'm sure most people don't check most of the time because it's not worth their time.

Consider an added feature where, at login, you can type in a random key memory word like "pig" so when you visit the log, you see the last few key words like "pig" "car" "chicken" and say "oh yeah, I remember that" If someone logs in maliciously, they will either enter in a word you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Better SSL

Hi.

SSL can be improved (https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=protonmail.ch):

1. Server prefers AES 128, not AES 256. WHY?

2. Only very old OSes like android 2.3 don't support AES 256. It should be at the bottom of prefferences list or even DISABLED.

3. Key exchange - can you use secp384r1 and DH 4096 (for older devices) instead of secp256r1 and DH 2048.

4. Can you enable OCSP Stapling?

5. What about HPKP (even only for root certificate)?

Thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. iOS UI improvements

The iOS UI desperately needs two things. 1) the ability to select multiple emails and perform an action (i.e. delete). 2) the text in the inbox view needs to be darker. i'm all for minimalism, but at least choose black as the font color. the light grey for the sender's name is difficult to view, particularly at quick glance. i'm a relatively young guy with fairly good vision, so it's not my eyesight!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Existing features (improved)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Full permissions control over message attachments and forwarding

At the moment there is ability to set message expiration timeframes, but some providers such as Virtru offer complete control, such as control over message attachments, allowing blocking of attachments at will, but also the ability to put a block on message forwarding, meaning that receipients couldn't forward certain messages.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is there some way that I could only have incoming post in my Inbox?

I have so many emails that I send out that my inbox has replies in it that I sent out and my sent folder has the exat same sent emails. It is confusing to have sent items in my inbox and also in the emails that comeback also have the "sent/reply" from the peroson I am comunicating with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Email setup

The setup sends me a BIG red flag. I cannot verify the account by clicking the cars in the boxes to prove I am human. It sends me in an infinite loop. The email option is removed, and you demand my cell phone to set up an email. This is wrong and gives my the suspicion that this is a bogus company run by the CIA. Pretty common practice. Make people think they have privacy when they dont.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. phishing email

a ability to report phishing emails, with all the needed information, headers, source code and the displayed massage.
    the idea should filter the destination by the tld, .nl has a point en the icann has a other, essentially the court should be able to effectively delete the registration and arrest en prosecute the culprits.

the function checks the domain from front to back to check the governing organisation, there should be a no tld function & future blocking of non tld extensions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base