AppImage packages for immutable Linux distributions + Flathub
Hello!
With immutable Linux distributions gaining popularity, perhaps there's a chance you could build an AppImage versions of your applications. That way you could provide support for all distributions alike.
There are also community-made wrappers for your applications on FlatHub. I believe these are not supported by you, I would appreciate you taking a stance on them. They look legitimate, as signed by "Proton AG", but could in theory compromise security of users.
Example:
https://flathub.org/en/apps/me.proton.Mail
I'd say either you provide the Flatpaks, or outright reach out to Flathub to get them removed.
Kind regards
Paweł Olejnik
-
savet commented
Thanks for raising this. AppImage support would definitely help users on immutable Linux distributions, and having an official position on the Flathub packages would improve trust and security. For shipment tracking and delivery updates, I’ve found https://jrs-tracking.ph/ useful as well.
-
Ian
commented
I've been using the Proton Mail flatpak for several months without realising it's not an official Proton app. I found out purely by accident. Needless to say I uninstalled it.