Option to set a default startup folder (e.g., "All Mail") on the mobile app
I would like to request a setting in the mobile app that allows users to choose which folder opens by default when launching the app, rather than being forced to start in the main "Inbox."
My Use Case:
I heavily utilise Proton's filtering rules to sort emails from my various addresses into different custom folders. Because these filters route mail away from the main Inbox, my Inbox is often empty. To actually see my new mail, I have to manually navigate to the "All Mail" tab every single time I open the app.
Adding a simple toggle in the settings to select a "Default Startup Folder" (such as All Mail, Starred, or a specific custom folder) would eliminate these unnecessary extra taps and be a huge quality-of-life improvement for power users who rely on custom filtering.
Thank you!
-
Anonymous
commented
Just to add - this doesn't just apply to the iOS/iPadOS app, but also the Mac and Windows apps, i.e. all of them. I use custom filtering into a few dedicated folders and hence never have anything in my Inbox, I only use the "ALL MAIL" box which I manually have to navigate to. A tedious extra step.
-
Tony
commented
I also need this feaures as the use SC. I need to go to All mail every time that I open the app to see all emails as the default folder is the Inbox folder.
Thanks