Proton Mail

1. Proton Calendar for iOS

I would love to have a Proton calendar app for iOS to work with the mail app.

594 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    50 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "All Mail" should not show contents from "Trash" folder.

"All Mail" should not show contents from the "Trash" folder.

From a users perspective, showing emails from "Trash" will create a lot of usability issue while clearing the "Inbox"

457 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. YubiKey? Ever? No? Hello?

The dedicated Protonmail community deserves a real response from the crack team of Protonmail scientists and engineers. When are you implementing Yubikey or are is your tag line just bs?

"We are scientists, engineers, and developers drawn together by a shared vision of protecting civil liberties online. This is why we created ProtonMail, an easy to use secure email service with built-in end-to-end encryption and state of the art security features. Our goal is to build an internet that respects privacy and is secure against cyberattacks.

We are committed to developing and widely distributing the tools necessary to protect your…

4,966 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    273 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add theme from v4

The new default v5 theme isn't as good as default v4 theme.
    Please, add option to switch back to v4 theme.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to make my "recovery phrase" something meaningful that I will remember and not just word jibberish.

I would like to make my "recovery phrase" something meaningful that I will remember and not just word jibberish. The recovery phrase is currently generated for me and just 12 random words. So, I just save it to a file on my computer and forget about it. That's not very "safe."

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have multiple ProtonMail addresses and would like to view them separately.

Separate email addresses are for separate things so it would be helpful to just click an email address from the menu and see only those emails sent to that specific ProtonMail address.

151 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Do not become activists

Dear proton team,

I'm very disapointed to see proton getting involved in any kind of conflict.
    First, you should'nt do any politics.
    Second if you want to help people suffuring from wars around the world, then you've got a lot of work.
    Why dont' you do the same let's say for Yemen?

Stay Swiss, stay away from all of this.

I became a proton customer and accepted to PAY for my emails because I wanted to "degooglize", to stop letting google know absolutely evrything about me.
    But probably maybe more importantly for NEUTRALITY.
    Because I'm fed up with ACTIVISTS

I…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use system setting for light/dark mode

The ProtonMail theme should be able to automatically switch to light/dark based on if the system theme is light/dark.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. landscape

BROKEN. I need to use the iPhone app in landscape mode with my keyboard.

The last upgrade removed landscape mode, and now I cannot use the iPhone app at all.

I need my keyboard for accessibility issues.

This has been a problem for weeks.

I'm a paid customer, and I'm going to have to delete all my accounts, change all my contacts, and spin up a new email program all because landscape mode was removed with no plan for a fix.

Incredibly annoyed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Decrease brightness of the website or add a dark mode

The redesign of the site is particular hard on the eyes, especially for those of us with sensory issues. A serverside fix to this would be appreciated by many in favor of using browser extensions to overwrite the css.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Don't show my email address in the "From / To" column in the message list view

Right now, in the message list view (e.g. the inbox), when there's a conversation grouped together, it shows my email address in the "From / To" column when it's a conversation I have replied to.

This is irrelevant information. The purpose of that column for me is to find an email based on who sent it to me. Showing my own email address is not helpful to me in this regard. The only purpose it serves is showing that I've responded to the conversation, but that could be done using a lot less space by showing a "reply" icon somewhere.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More Color Options for Folders and Labels

Please include more color options for folders and labels, whether they be custom colors or just a wider range of preset colors!

We could have used more folder/label colors in < version 5 but now in version 5 (proton.me upgrade) we have even less folder/label colors.
    My account looks like a cluttered mess as I have no idea what emails are in which folders.

I also don't understand why they include the folder color next to a given message if you now only have 10 colors to choose from, it's an organizational nightmare.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Addresses formatting options for different countries

In the Contact Details area, the Addresses need to have several alternate format options to comply with the standard format for various countries. For instance, in the U.S.A.

Street Address, Apt. #
    City, State
    Zip Code +4
    USA

Example:

4578 Liberty Drive, Apt. #11
    Lambertville, MI
    47821-4541
    USA

With the current address formatting set up in ProtonMail, it displays like this:

4578 Liberty Drive, Apt. 11
    47821-4541, Lambertville
    MI, USA

Please fix this

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More time options for Undo function

The maximum allowed time for the undo button to remain visible is 20 seconds. I would like to see a couple of more times listed such as 40 and 60 seconds.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please explain @proton.me better.

In the description in the ProtonMail settings (I have a ProtonMail Plus account) under "Identity and Addresses" it says:

"Our new proton.me domain is a convenient option for sending and receiving emails. You'll still be able to use your original ProtonMail address."

This does not explain what it does, and isn't very helpful. This is a problem for uneducated novices like myself as we get asked about things we don't understand.

Please enter in a better description, or add a link to help people learn more.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Buy Storage for a one time fee (Atleast 5gb to 20gb)

I just got the ProtonMail Plus plan and it comes with just 5gb of storage. I would really like it if I could pay a One time fee and get 10gb more of storage. Then I can completely migrate my Google Drive to Proton Drive.

Services like pCloud already offer this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I live in USA. Please bill me in USD--otherwise my bank charges fat currency exchange fee.

I live in USA. Please bill me in USD--otherwise my bank charges fat currency exchange fee.

When you bill me in EUR or CDF I have to pay more--to my evil bank.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Move OST file to New Computer

There are many types of OST conversion tools in the market but the SysInspire OST to PST Converter is best from another because it provides many types of file formats to move OST file to New Computer and convert OST file like PST, Yahoo, Gmail, MSG, ICS, EML, EMLX, Office 365, HTML, MBOX, vCard, and Zimbra. Many types of useful features are also available in this tool like email filter and live preview feature which helps to convert your OST file safely. check the free demo version of this tool if you want to use it.

Know more - Move…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Latest Pre Wedding Photoshoot ideas

In the age of Instagram, isn't it true that weddings these days are all about photos? Pre-wedding picture shoots are most effective when they capture the couple's true spirit. Explore your passions as a couple and incorporate them into your shoot to achieve ideal photographs of your loving moments. And, thankfully, we live in an age where anything is possible in terms of photography. When it comes to Indian pre-wedding photoshoot ideas, the possibilities are unlimited today. All you have to do now is sit down and discuss with your wedding photographer about the possibilities. Read our site https://josephinstudiof.in/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The icons for Trash and Archive are too similar, I always have to double check before clicking on one of them.

The icons for Trash and Archive are too similar, I always have to double check before clicking on one of them.

Could you make them more distinguishable? Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 132 133
  • Don't see your idea?

Proton Mail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base