ProtonMail

1. Before 3.0 you could paste a picture into the body of the message without browsing for it and attaching it. The former supports OLE..

You supported object linking and embedding via the ability to paste pictures directly into the message body without having to save an image in my clipboard to my desktop and browsing for it via your picture attachment icon in v3.0. Please restore this capability. Having the capability allows quick composition of emails when screenshotting. Thanks for being a leader in private communication!!!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tag sets that function as radio buttons

I'd like to see linked tags that behave like radio buttons (only one can be applied at any time; speeds processing).

I believe that by extending your tagging system in this way, you'd multiply the usefulness of your application. By implementing this functionality as tags, you give the user the flexibility to customize their experience in a way that programming into the UI would not.

To create a tag set:
    1. Users create tags as usual (e.g., 2do or Location)
    2. If they want a group of tags where only one can be applied at a time, they add a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please return Protonmail to how it was at first. I find it unuseable now.

Please return Protonmail to how it was at first. I find it unusable now.
    I can't find where anything is.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I'd like the notificaton email address to used for notification only not for password reset. Is that possible?

I'd like the notificaton email address to used for notification only not for password reset. Is that possible?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Column Layout

I like the column layout however, the email I'm reading is cut off on the right-hand side. There is a scroll bar at the bottom so I could center it, but my suggestion is to move it up to the top of the email so you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the email before we even read it, then scroll back up to read it.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Send emails directly to a folder based on sender

Set the label of the email depending on who sent it. for example when I receive and email from my father it will already be marked with the Family label. They would be manually set and customizable of course.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add our protonmail.ch alias to our PGP public key

As someone who use protonmail.ch as default alias, one would appreciate an option to change the ".com" ending in the PGP public key UID by using ".ch" instead.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a Forward button in the inbox window in order to forward mail by batch

Add a Forward button in the inbox window in order to forward mail by batch, for now it's only possible to do it once the mail is open and one by one.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Front-end optimization for low-spec computers

I'm using an "old" computer which is almost 7 years old (able to run softwares like Unity smoothly).
    ProtonMail works efficiently on the last version of Firefox, but it slows my browser a little (not to say that it really slows it). Maybe you should consider an optimization. Angular uses a lot of resources so I know it's hard, but it's not something impossible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Label Settings should be user's customize. Right now its limited to view 4 labels at a time without scrolling.

Label Settings should be user's customize. Right now its limited to view 4 labels at a time. buu we can see all labels by scrolling. there should be an option to show how many labels can be view at a time without scrolling-. 4 ,5 or 6..instead of just 4 (fixed) ...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ProtonMail needs direct connections, not proxied (ProtonMail Allegedly Proxied by Israelis https://cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm)

ProtonMail needs to ensure that their connections go directly to their clients as much as possible and not through a third party. Denial of service protection should be stationed on their own systems and all systems & connection under ProtonMail's control.
    (ProtonMail Allegedly Proxied by Israelis https://cryptome.org/2015/11/protonmail-ddos.htm)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow more than one emailadress for an account

Allow us to save more than one emailadress to an account.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. being able to make files for separateing emails into catagories,personal,business,soforth.

store and separate files,as such. personal,business,vacation,school,
    or what ever one choses.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Expiration Dates of up to 365 days

I'd be grateful if you could modify the expiration period to allow us to set emails to expire up to 1 year after they are sent. The current 30 days is just too short for my needs.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. new acct - can't log on - slows to 50 bytes/2 minutes

new acct - can't log on - slows to 50 bytes/2 minutes

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically set emails to outsiders as encrypted if the encryption key has been entered

Sometimes when I go set the encryption key, I enter the key but forget to press set. It would be illogical for somebody to open the encryption tab, enter the encryption key, and not encrypt their email. Automatically encrypting the email after the keys match would prevent a lot of grief from compromised data.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add link to "Support ProtonMail and Get Instant Access!" to your "ProtonMail Confirmation" e-mail

Right now, after you fill in the invitation form, you are being proposed with possibility to chip some money for additional perks; this for can no longer be accessed after you close the page.

Requesting financial compensation for your service is completely fine and pricing is quite awesome, the problem is that you may catch people without card on them at the moment (e.g. I sit here at my cubicle, and have like 40USD in local currency in cache.)
    In such case you are not even able to copy URL to form as it is POST king of form.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Back to protonmail.ch site. We do not live in Switzerland, but we do not live in USA as well. World is different, internet should be too.

World need no more .com sites. COM – is for commercial, ProtonMail was not created for that purpose.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Donations in BTC Nubits or cash via mail

C'mon guys , asking for CC just vanish the whole purpose of this website , I don't need an anonymous e-mail if I have to provide an all bunch of data in order to have it . BTC or Cash via Mail or Nubits

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base