ProtonMail

1. Open an attached image document using an external image viewer

I would like to have the option to NOT automatically have attached image documents (e.g., XYZ.jpg) open within ProtonMail but instead, be able to open attached image documents using an external image viewer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to Disable new login system

Please give us the option to opt out of the new login system that keep you permanently logged in even if you close the browser. I know people requested it but for me and I am sure many others it is just a security risk

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible for protonmail users to whitelist an email address

I received a very important email that was marked as:

"This email has failed its domain's authentication requirements. It may be spoofed or improperly forwarded!"

Yet this email was very important to me. So why can I not whitelist it? I cannot find a feature where I can whitelist an email address.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability To Scale Signature Images

Currently, it appears we are unable to adjust the size of images in our signature. If we use an image, it appears full-scale in our signature. Could we add the ability to re-scale an image in our signatures?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Autocomplete for email addresses you've never entered is a disaster

Tacking a list of common domain names onto the end of whatever you are typing is extremely misleading and has caused me to send sensitive emails to wrong addresses. This is the stupidest "feature" you could possibly think of.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hide count in archive on Desktop

When I archive an email, I don't intend to read it, so having the bubble with the count is distracting.

It would be nice if the archive, spam, and trash items didn't show counts. There are other suggestions for spam and trash, but I had this come up with archive.

As an example, I have an email chain with a bunch of generated notifications from a service. I want to keep the link that was sent in the email, but it keeps sending me messages with the same link, so I don't read them as they come in, I just…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Delete or modify tags

Simply, I can't find how to modify or delete tags I create in Protonmail app.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove the autocomplete for 'To' emails for people outside of my contacts.

When I start typing a name it tries to autocomplete based on common top level domains...this is completely not wanted as it suggests random email addresses that could easily cause confusion.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Print feature

The old version had a dropdown menu where I could choose to print an email. I can't find it in the new version. Please add that feature back in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For security's sake, do not leave me logged in for anyone, anywhere to have easy access! Also, where do I log out?

I WANT TO LOG IN EVERY TIME, THEN LOG OUT. This is a serious personal security concern for me. May I please have the old protonmail back?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please allow us to remove the large cartoon picture of the mail box

Please allow us the option of removing the large cartoon picture of the mail box in middle of our inbox. Its very visually distracting.

Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Tiny suggestion

Hi Proton -- LOVE the service -- this is just a tiny suggestion, but it might be a bit of a challenge to implement. In the general InBox display, the list of conversations are identified by the sender of the last message in the thread. This, (of course) is frequently ME. This gives no hint of WHO the conversation is with. It would be a lot more helpful to me to always see the name of the other party there, regardless of who spoke last. Thanks! -- JJBolt.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Let me see all my contacts in a full window, not just the popup from the mail interface

I just switched over to the new ProtonMail and I think the Contacts interface changed? I don't see a way to see all my contacts in a main window (like Google contacts). Rather, when I click Contacts, a small window opens. I want to be able to scroll through more easily to find someone if I can't think of their name. I want to be able to more easily select people to add to a group. etc. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dark Mode for Emails (not just the UI)

When setting dark mode in Protonmail, White email backgrounds look weird. The dark themes can be more consistent with dark email backgrounds.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto logout on closing browser window

This feature already exists in the old Protonmail,
    When I logged out, the session was ended, too.
    This was possible to change in the security settings.
    The feature seems to be forgotten to be implemented in the new Protonmail.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the sieve editor bigger

Hello ProtonMail team,

Can you please make the Sieve Editor Window a bit bigger. It is a bit frustration to see the code of a Sieve Filter in such a small window

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Non-bold for message preview in inbox list.

It's very jarring having all of the text in the inbox column being bold and the same size in both sections. Having the message previews underneath the recipient to be non-bold would be a lot easier on the eyes and brain.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restore Inbox layout shortcut buttons for new version (like in the old version)

With the new version, the quick-select button for the layout of the inbox has disappeared. It is now necessary to visit the settings screen to change the layout and visit it again to change the layout back.

Please, either:
    a) restore the quick-select button(s), or
    b) add a new feature for opening an email in full-screen (by double-clicking, perhaps).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pay attention to requests for larger font

It seems people have been asking for a larger font for a few years now. Please heed the call for a larger font. This is ridiculous!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please make it possible to personalise the tool bar or at least put the PRINT icon on it.

It is a real nuisance to have to go into "more" every time an email needs printing, please put it in the tool bar.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 114 115
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base