ProtonMail

1. Combine Labels & Folders - Make Labels Hierarchical

Subject line says it.

As much as I hate to bring up the G word, what Gmail calls "labels" is exactly what I'm looking for. It's silly to have two different methods. Anyone who wants to use them as folders can easily just not give more than one label to an email, while the rest of us can. Also, folders and labels already share a namespace (you can't give a label the same name as a folder and vice-versa), so at least that part of the implementation should be simple.

This is something I would make extensive use of, like…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The filter function for starred emails doesn't work. Please fix this to improve usability

As this doesn't work at present it takes me a long time to find key emails that I have starred for future reference. Please fix this due to how frequently that can become a problem on a given day.

Many thanks for your time solving this problem and actively working to improve ProtonMail in general.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Delete from All Mail folder from IMAP

I believe you used to be able to delete messages from the All Mail folder. With recent changes to bridge this is not possible. Please make this possible again! In Thunderbird, I constantly get "operation not allowed" messages when I try to delete from almost any folder, including search folder, because they are all connected the the All Mail folder. It's really frustrating.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Midori as a valid browser

For old 32-bit computers, Firefox can be too heavy; and neither Brave nor Tor work (64-bit only). Could Protonmail then accept Midori as a valid browser?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow me to use stable version of Protonmail services, when "Beta access" is turned on

I would like to use stable version of e-mail and calendar services, despite having enabled "Beta access" (due to ProtonDrive, which is currently available only in "Beta access").

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add sub-folders to the archive folder.

I would like the ability to archive the sub-folders with all the emails saved in them. For faster retrieval when researching among 1000's archived emails.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move dark background adjustment notice

The beta feature that adjusts messages to appear with a dark background if using dark mode is great, but every single message wastes vertical space with its own "This message has been adjusted to comply with a dark background" banner. There is room in the header of each e-mail, between the sender and timestamp to display the message without wasting vertical space. Alternatively, a setting to disable that message, or a toggle in the mailbox header, where it won't be displayed over and over, wasting space, would be useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Change "New Message" button text to "Compose Message" to reduce confusion

Changing "New Message" text to "Compose Message" would make it clearer as to what the button actually is. Every time I see it, I mistake it for a new message notification as it's displayed prominently. Changing the text to "Compose Message" would fix this confusion.

Quick visual example with devtools: https://i.imgur.com/gPmg5MY.png

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More detailed email notifications from ProtonCalendar

Absolutely lovin' your progress and hard work guys! Thanks for giving us an alternative to the evil Gmail overloards!

Email notifications from ProtonCalendarBeta come in with vague subject titles and content.

Can we please have these email notifications contain the same content/data/text as the items in the calendar so we don't have to click on the link and open up the calendar every time an email notification comes in to know what the notification is about?
    Again, thanks for all your hard work guys!!!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Changes to existing features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export .eml files with readable file names (e.g. email subject)

Since email export is unencrypted anyway, it would be great if the .eml file names that the "Import-Export" application generates would be readable, for example, containing the subject of the email. This is exactly what iOS's "Mail" program does, when you export an individual email.

It is very handy when further sorting / archiving emails if the file name is not a long string of unintelligible characters but rather something meaningful to a human user.

Thank you very much for considering it, and for all of your amazing work to date!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Advanced Selection and Modifiying Tool

The selection possibilities are to simple and costs a lot of time if you need to clean your mail box.
    Example:
    I search with the keyword or sender the mails I want to classify and move to a folder.
    first I can only select 50 mails at once and then I often have some mails I need to file in another way than the big part. e.g. yearly fees I want to keep but the newsletters not

If I missed a way to get this done or a post I'll be glad for your feedback.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add dot on the day in calendar on browser (Windows) (like the widget on phone)

I have several calendars.
    On the android widget app, I see the days of the month and I can see a dot on the days where I have an appointement.
    This is not the case on my browser in windows. I can see them I chose to view the month, but on the left, I see the month with the days 1 till ... and I would be nice to see also there the dots, like on my phone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make 1GB upgrade not require risking secuirty

Good day,

Thanks for your amazing mail & VPN services Proton ;)

Protonmail have asked me to complete 4 steps in order to get 1GB free storage. I do not want to complete them as some steps can jeopardise security. Please allow the upgrade to happen without all steps required. (Perhaps ask the question: What is the purpose of offering the upgrade?)

Steps:
    Import your emails and contacts
    -If my account is compromised, I don't want my email and contacts from other accounts on here; I want as little detail as possible available to hackers.
    Send your first message
    -Fair…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Building

Ktoś wie gdzie mogę zamówić serwis okien wrocław https://otomistrz.pl/regulacja-okien/wroclaw/
    Kiedyś odwiedzałem koleżankę, ale tym razem potrzebuję pomocy wysoko wykwalifikowanego specjalisty

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it secure!

You claim to be more secure than Big Tech but then you send us to Big Tech to download your app? That doesn't make sense at all.
    It makes even less than No sense, knowing that you could offer your app through F-Droid.
    I really Do question your security claim !!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bold print and changing the fonts

is there a way that the fonts can be changed/modified and/or make the current font bold? In addition, can the font be increased in size? it is hard to read such faded/small print. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ahmad

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why do notifications now only say "You received a new message!"?

Why do notifications now only say "You received a new message!"? This has been happening for hours today, 31 December 21, and it has been happening on and off for days now. I am accustomed to seeing who the message is from and its subject line. Please change it back. This change decreases the value of the app significantly, and I am a paying customer. Thanks, and happy new year to everyone!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Two factor authentication NEEDS a smartphone

I dont own a smartphone, but i think 2FA is a great feature.

2FA needs to be set up with or without a smartphone and at the moment it requires a smartphone.

I hope this is a change that will come soon or else ill look for another mail with this feature

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 124 125
  • Don't see your idea?

ProtonMail

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base