How can we improve ProtonMail?

Multi-User support for PLUS subscription

I have a PLUS subscription with a custom domain for my 5 family members. I would like them to gain access to their email separately, but from what I understand this requires a visionary subscription. I would like to have this feature included in the PLUS subscription for up to 5 users (same number of users as email addresses).

387 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gjermund shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In 3.10 release (https://protonmail.com/blog/protonmail-v3-10-release-notes/), we released Professional Accounts which allow a user to setup the exact number of users they need.

You can learn about all of our accounts here: https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/paid-plans/.

ProtonMail Professional: ProtonMail Professional unlocks ProtonMail to organizations around the world. Secure your communication anywhere you are with ProtonMail’s easy to use web and mobile applications.
Unlimited Users
Sending limit: unlimited*
Labels limit: unlimited
Storage: 5 GB/user
Custom domains: 2 (option to add more)
Additional addresses: 10 (option to add more)
Auto Responder (Out of Office)
Catch-All
Customer support: priority status
IMAP Support (coming Q4 2017)
Migration tools (coming 2018)
Pricing: $8/user/month or $75/user/year ($6.25/month)

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • T1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Proton Team - the comments in the forum that Gjermund posted pretty much says it all. Many and dare I say most of your PLUS users bought into the ProtonMail PLUS system because we were under the assumption that the aliases would be treated almost as separate accounts. I wanted it for my family members. I had even entered a support ticket at the time and was promised informed that mult-user support was coming. They did not say only for Visionary users.

In any event, I still want to buy more into the system and am willing to pay more, but the price jump to visionary is simply too much...WAY too much for my budget. Can you consider offering multi-user support with same storage allocation for the entire set? Is there anything you can do to offer Multi-User support to your other loyal customers? Will you consider bundling packages such as PLUS+Multi-User+ProtonVPN in an attractive price and you'll get even more paying customers!...just some thoughts

• Harvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to hear from the proton mail team on this. Doesn't seem fair that I could buy several plus accounts for the price of a visionary account. Thank you!

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base